FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki on the Tonight Show! THURSDAY March 18
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
Tiki on the Tonight Show! THURSDAY March 18
tikibob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-19 05:16 am   Permalink

So did it run???? Did I miss it?

Was it the same type of segment where the audience is asked if the show should be picked up or not?

Did it get picked up??????

View Profile of tikibob Send a personal message to tikibob  Email tikibob Goto the website of tikibob     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BaronV
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-03-19 06:59 am   Permalink

Caught the bit from last night's show on satellite just now (glad it came on in the first 20 minutes). i'm not one of those "Hollywood types," so if the show is "picked up," what does that mean?

Also, congrats on being the least ignorant looking/acting people in that segment...

View Profile of BaronV Send a personal message to BaronV  Email BaronV     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-19 07:15 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-03-19 02:05, Cherry Capri wrote:
Thank you to Sam Gambino for giving us the heads up so we got the show on home VHS.

Sam, a pitcher of mai tais is waiting for you at my house along with a guest bed to stumble into....

....no, really!

Whoooa! Thanks, Cherry. Anything for a fellow TCer.

www.samgambino.com

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dimethios
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-20 9:10 pm   Permalink

Cherry, your show is going to happen, it's just a matter of when. Someone with your talent can't stay unnoticed for long. If the show is half as good as the trailer looks, it will be awesome. The Discovery Channel has some great shows on their line-up. On some Monday nights they even beat the big three for ratings. I think your's would fit in perfectly there. Not that I know anything about the industry. It just seems like all the hip shows are there. Well thats my $.02 for whatever it's worth. Good luck.

View Profile of Dimethios Send a personal message to Dimethios      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cherry Capri
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-20 11:53 pm   Permalink

Thanks so much Dimethios!
Yours and everybody's encouragement REALLY means alot to me right now.

~CC

View Profile of Cherry Capri Send a personal message to Cherry Capri  Goto the website of Cherry Capri     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Futura Girl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-26 2:15 pm   Permalink

The show got repeated late last night... so Please do me a favor - TODAY ONLY...

Write the Tonight Show and ask them - Tell them you are into tiki - and ask them Who was that redhead and who was the tiki band???

http://www.nbc.com/nbc/The_Tonight_Show_with_Jay_Leno/feedback/

King Kukulele needs a steady gig

View Profile of Futura Girl Send a personal message to Futura Girl  Goto the website of Futura Girl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Iuka Grogg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-26 2:49 pm   Permalink

NBC has heard from me! Good luck to thee and your tiki three! Hope to see you on my T.V.

-Iuka G.

View Profile of Iuka Grogg Send a personal message to Iuka Grogg  Email Iuka Grogg Goto the website of Iuka Grogg     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cherry Capri
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-31 01:00 am   Permalink

The clip can be viewed on the Tonight Show Website! Look for the "Pitch to America #2" link

http://www.nbc.com/nbc/The_Tonight_Show_with_Jay_Leno/highlights/index.shtml

my very own 5 seconds of fame... 14:55 to go...

[ This Message was edited by: Cherry Capri on 2004-03-31 01:00 ]

View Profile of Cherry Capri Send a personal message to Cherry Capri  Goto the website of Cherry Capri     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation