Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki BARCELONA tiki
BARCELONA tiki
Scamboogah
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-02-11 09:06 am   Permalink

Just got back from Barcelona, and, in a word, WOW! Went to Kahiki, Kahala and then Aloha. Aloha was by far my favorite.

Kahiki, near the University, looked it's age. A lot of the hawaiian fabric on the chairs has faded and it's got a kind of creepy 'run down strip club' vibe with a bunch of people making out towards the back.

Kahala was great looking, but a little dark. The entryway was the best of the three and I thought their MaiTai and Suffering Bastard were better than Kahiki's

Aloha was INCREDIBLE. If you only see one, this is it. The bar itself is an incredible feat of craftsmanship and the overall design is top notch. Combine that with friendly bartenders and overall size, it's easily the best.

the only pictures I got were standing in front of each one, so maybe I'll post them soon.

Peace out!
Drew

View Profile of Scamboogah Send a personal message to Scamboogah  Email Scamboogah Goto the website of Scamboogah     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-11 09:17 am   Permalink

excellent! can't wait to see 'em. maybe you can post them in a pre-existing thread about barcelona?

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/search.php

View Profile of Tiki Chris Send a personal message to Tiki Chris  Email Tiki Chris Goto the website of Tiki Chris     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation