Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Tiki lights at Big Lots
Tiki lights at Big Lots
Traderpup
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-11 12:21 pm   Permalink

Just got back from my neighborhood Big Lots.... they started putting their spring stuff, including boxes of Tiki patio lights. Its a string of 7 brightly colored plastic Tikis with painted details, and they're not those little tiny ones on a mini light string, these are bigger, a little bigger than a soup can. I think priced at $6.99.

View Profile of Traderpup Send a personal message to Traderpup  Email Traderpup Goto the website of Traderpup     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-02-11 12:29 pm   Permalink

Good deal!

Thanks for the heads up

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikisobayli
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-11 2:28 pm   Permalink

WE saw the same ones at our local Big Lots. The size is very nice, but the paint is not the best. But for $7, you can't beat them.

View Profile of tikisobayli Send a personal message to tikisobayli  Email tikisobayli Goto the website of tikisobayli     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-12 11:18 am   Permalink

I got a set the other week & want to get another next week (if any are left).

Please make note of the lead paint warning & don't hang'em over your food or drinks...

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laney
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-12 8:31 pm   Permalink

I went to get some today, and just couldn't do it. They are so ugly, and I love cheesy crap. The lantern style are much better but I have a vintage set of those. I did manage to spend $80 on stuff I didn't need, including a cute Simpson's (Krusty) tank top/panties set.

Oh, those lights are bad. Sorry to those that got some, really...sorry.

[ This Message was edited by: laney on 2004-02-12 20:34 ]

View Profile of laney Send a personal message to laney  Email laney     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traderpup
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-12 8:40 pm   Permalink

The stars are falling from the sky... the moon is turning red....! Laney found a lamp thats too ugly to buy! The end is near....!

Yeah, they are pretty ugly....... at least you sound happy with your, um, Krusty panties!

[ This Message was edited by: Traderpup on 2004-02-12 20:41 ]

View Profile of Traderpup Send a personal message to Traderpup  Email Traderpup Goto the website of Traderpup     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laney
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-12 8:57 pm   Permalink

Hey, ALL my lamps are beautiful, and classy
I was waitin for somebody to comment on my Krusty panties I can't believe it either though, a lamp I don't like. If anyone can fix up those things to look good, it's you.
TP, I stole an idea from you. I'll post pics tomorrow.

[ This Message was edited by: laney on 2004-02-12 20:58 ]

View Profile of laney Send a personal message to laney  Email laney     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation