FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food The future has finally arrived! Lazy Drinker is here!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
The future has finally arrived! Lazy Drinker is here!
tikimug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-12 10:07 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-02-12 09:31, Atomic Cocktail wrote:
Where the hell is my Flying Car and Moon City?!

Ladies and Gentleman I give you the
Model M400 Skycar
Now accepting deposits

and a short from Kevin Smith featuring Randal and Dante from Clerks.

View Profile of tikimug Send a personal message to tikimug  Email tikimug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-12 11:20 am   Permalink

Being a big ol' geek, I think it's pretty cool, if it can measure a 1/4 teaspoon and a dash right. I somehow doubt, but it could work. Load everything up and connect it to the touch screen they already likely have in the restaurant/bar, and an ice crusher. No need for bartenders, so then you hire the best looking, smooth talker out there to concentrate on pushing the booze.

I just really have huge doubts about how well it would handle small amounts, plus, it would need to purge the tubes between drinks or they all run together. It could be done. Most bars have that multi thing that spurts Coke and water and Soda already. This ups it a notch...

And then you take it a step further. This is what I have wanted to do for a long time. Put a touch screen at the table or on the waiting line. Let the customer order. They are lookign at the menu. It would speed things up. They could even swipe their card and pay right there. Fast, perfect service for the savy, and fast turnover. You could even put in a tip on that drink for an extra 1/2 ounce of gin in your drink...

Mai-Kai Memories Series Custom ceramic mugs!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-12 11:41 am   Permalink

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-12 12:00 pm   Permalink

I've figured out a way to make the lazy drinker even LAZIER:
Use those pre-mixed concoctions available at any supermarket!
With all the time you save, you might even go back in time! All while drinking horrrendous cocktails!

What a life that would be! Huzzah!

[ This Message was edited by: Slacks Ferret on 2004-02-12 12:01 ]

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-12 12:07 pm   Permalink

Handling very small amounts of liquid with high precision has become a trivial thing over the past decade; there have been huge advances in the field of microfluidics, where you deal with microliters of fluid (think one millionth of a dash). Right now, most of that work is being done with semi-expensive glass capillaries, but new developments have been made in using super-cheap silicone chips (that's silicone, not silicon -- bathroom caulk, essentially). Under either platform, cleaning is pretty easy, just add a flushing stage with a solvent.

If any of you are interested in more information,
here's a really kick-ass article a colleague of mine had a while back in Science.

[ This Message was edited by: Humuhumu on 2004-02-12 12:16 ]

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-12 12:18 pm   Permalink

It could work just like a paint mixer with more and refridgerated inputs. If the inputs go straight to the container, no purge cleaning is needed, but you'd need lots of spouts in there.

This is really ideal for the exacting amounts in a Tiki Drink, but bad for the large number of ingredients involved. I once made a list of all the stuff called for in every recipe in the Grog Log and made a list of what to buy. It's a lot of stuff!

Mai-Kai Memories Series Custom ceramic mugs!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JTD
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-12 2:25 pm   Permalink

Unga,

That's no joke. The drive-thru liquor store is already alive here in Florida. I've also heard that in New Orleans there are drive-thru bars that'll mix you a drink for the road. Louisianans please confirm or deny.

-JTD

View Profile of JTD Send a personal message to JTD      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mattfink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-12 2:54 pm   Permalink

You get off the couch? Man, what a good idea...tee, hee, hee....

Matt

Quote:

On 2004-02-11 18:32, FLOUNDERart wrote:
That makes me sick! Technology is ruining all the arts, which mixing a good drink is. Laziness!!! Somewhere down the line we will probably be saying something like "I remember when I had to get off the couch to take a shit".
I'm drunk...

View Profile of mattfink Send a personal message to mattfink  Email mattfink Goto the website of mattfink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Brad 'The Beachcomber' Owens
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-02-12 3:47 pm   Permalink

What will that Spielberg come up with next?

BtB

View Profile of Brad 'The Beachcomber' Owens Send a personal message to Brad 'The Beachcomber' Owens  Email Brad 'The Beachcomber' Owens Goto the website of Brad 'The Beachcomber' Owens     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-12 5:17 pm   Permalink

I frankly would miss not talkin' to a bartender.... but I think people would still want some kinda personal service.... a smiley face and a handshake.....bartenders should be appreciated for making a good drink. Maybe give people a choice to use a machine or a live human being.

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
chase_317
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-02-12 9:09 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-02-12 09:58, Tiki_Bong wrote:
Now someone needs to develop the Lazy Puker so we don't have to mess with that either.

In 7th grade, my english teacher one day at the end of class told us to write down the thing we hate doing the most. My friend Danny Crawford wrote "puking." The next day, we were assigned to write an advertising commercial for a machine that does the most hated thing, which you wrote the day before. THAT LUCKY BASTARD!

I was stuck with a damn LAWN MOWING MACHINE, but then, those havent been invented yet either, so it was a a fun and creative assignment in all! <note: sarcasm was developed much later>

[ This Message was edited by: chase_317 on 2004-02-12 21:13 ]

View Profile of chase_317 Send a personal message to chase_317      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMaxton
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-17 6:02 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-02-11 19:39, hanford_lemoore wrote:
I had a dream for a bar where on the bartender side of the bar counter was a conveyor belt that was constantly moving.

Ooh, better yet, could be like one of those sushi bars where they just put random drinks on the boats. You grab the one you want and they charge you based on the style of the glass or mug.

And hey, I hear that there's yet another plateau of laziness for the truly anti-ambulatory drinker; my friend tells me in England they have bars where they atomize the liquor and you simply breathe it in - none of that strenuous drinking! What wondrous times to be an alcoholic!

View Profile of TikiMaxton Send a personal message to TikiMaxton  Email TikiMaxton Goto the website of TikiMaxton ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-17 7:11 pm   Permalink

[/quote]
my friend tells me in England they have bars where they atomize the liquor and you simply breathe it in - none of that strenuous drinking! What wondrous times to be an alcoholic!
[/quote]
I saw that on TV the other night! Now you can go into a bar in England and order a Martiki bong hit (Bong have you looked into this yet?). If this thing takes off, it'll wreak havoc on the barware industry. If any of you TC jetsetters out there have tried one these "drinks" let us uninitiated members know how it was.

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-18 04:26 am   Permalink

Indeed this alcohol atomizer thingy is a real invention, but it's currently being used in just one bar in Bristol. Hmmm....no drink enjoyment plus instant brain damage....
Can't see this invention being around for long before it gets banned.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/bristol/somerset/3493487.stm

Some Scandinavians have been using a more old-school approach for a while. Soak a tampon in vodka, insert 'where the sun don't shine', and find yourself collapsed in a bedraggled heap in a matter of minutes.

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kanaka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-13 11:05 am   Permalink

Just got an e-mal from Mr. Retro:

"Santa didn't bring you what you wanted this year? No sweat! Now you can
treat yourself to your very own computer controlled Lazy Drinker
cocktail dispensor!

After months of research and development, the talented scientists at
Lazy Drinker have unveiled their retail store where you can buy complete
machines or machine kits for you adventerious types!

Simply head to
http://www.lazydrinker.com and get your Lazy Drinker
today!

You'll be the talk of the neighborhood BBQ scene!

Stuart
(aka: Mister Retro)"

Scotty

View Profile of Kanaka Send a personal message to Kanaka  Email Kanaka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation