FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts The Tiki Art of Slacks Ferret- Kanaloa Kannibal Mug Glaze Tests on Page 12.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
The Tiki Art of Slacks Ferret- Kanaloa Kannibal Mug Glaze Tests on Page 12.
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-09 10:07 pm   Permalink

Yeah Velcro! Brilliant Moki! Thanks. I knew it would pay to ask the old pro tiki lamp-makers like yourself. The lamps you guys made for your home bar are so very awesome...

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-10 08:45 am   Permalink

Slacks, what about a covered zipper.

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-10 08:51 am   Permalink

Im thinking hinged with a hook or fastner on one side just like you said in your post.

Cool design on the side panel.

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-10 09:09 am   Permalink

sweet lamp Slacks!

there needs to be more PNG-inspired lamps and decor!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-18 2:07 pm   Permalink

The Kanaloa Lounge so far:

So far, I have walls (with drywall), electricity, and the plumbing (for my bar sink) is roughed-in. The floor is more or less finished (prolly still needs a protective coating), and I'm at the point now where I need to build the actual bar next...

Here are some progress shots of the floor in my future tiki room:

Half the floor has already been finished at this point, but I had to start over fresh for the other side. Such is the joy of completing a room that's not completely empty.

Putting down the tape.

Cutting the tape so it's more organic in appearance.

I only applied one coat of rolled-on cement floor paint. But then I added some "special treatments" to create a more realistic effect.

Here's the floor more or less finished.

Hooray!

[ This Message was edited by: slacks ferret 2009-04-19 06:57 ]

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-18 2:10 pm   Permalink

That foor came out awesome. Lookin good!

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-18 6:29 pm   Permalink

I like!

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-04-19 12:26 am   Permalink

That is a nice lamp.
What I do in that case is
make a frame for the bottom tapa part.
Then afix tapa.
Make this so it will slide in and out nicely.
Then all I do is make pins out of rattan to hold in place.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-20 09:41 am   Permalink

The floor looks great! and Concrete paint, great idea for durability, wow!

Amy

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Pupu Pants
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-30 2:12 pm   Permalink

Love it. Inspiring. Great texture on the floor. Any updates?

View Profile of Mr. Pupu Pants Send a personal message to Mr. Pupu Pants  Email Mr. Pupu Pants     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-01 09:10 am   Permalink

Thanks for the nice comets!

I do have a small photo update, and I'll post it very soon.

Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-01 8:16 pm   Permalink

Been working on getting the back counter to the bar completed. I'm kinda going at it blind here...but oddly, I feel self-assured that my construction is still better than the particle board pre-fab counters you can purchase at the big box hardware outlets.

Of course, I know this isn't very thrilling to look at, but believe me, it's thrilling for me to finally be starting this bar.

More will follow as it's completed...

[ This Message was edited by: Slacks Ferret 2009-05-01 20:17 ]

Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-05 7:36 pm   Permalink

More progress on the bar area:

Some lighting/other parts of the room before anything is finished:

Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-05 7:54 pm   Permalink

Looking good, Slacks! Very similar location for the bar as mine. I'm still trying to work out the deatils. Keep us posted.

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Pupu Pants
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-05 9:08 pm   Permalink

Looking fantastic Mr. Ferret! That bar is going to be great (and looks nice and solid). I hope my floor can look half as cool as yours.
Most sincerely,
Sir Pupu of Pants

View Profile of Mr. Pupu Pants Send a personal message to Mr. Pupu Pants  Email Mr. Pupu Pants     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation