FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts The Tiki Art of Slacks Ferret- Kanaloa Kannibal Mug Glaze Tests on Page 12.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
The Tiki Art of Slacks Ferret- Kanaloa Kannibal Mug Glaze Tests on Page 12.
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-12 10:03 pm   Permalink

Thanks folks. I'm very interested in seeing the progress in your tiki rooms as well. Maybe you should add some new photos tonight?
Here's some more shots of my bar/tiki room:

Bar is pretty much done now...(except for staining/painting and finishing off with bamboo, etc.)...but everything is assembled. I'm thinking I wanna go with tapa-patterned ceramic tile for the bar-top. That step will likely take a while, as I need to glaze the patterns myself.

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZuluMagoo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-13 01:00 am   Permalink

Nice work Slacks! Expecting great things here.

Zulu

View Profile of ZuluMagoo Send a personal message to ZuluMagoo  Email ZuluMagoo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MooneyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-11 1:37 pm   Permalink

bump

View Profile of MooneyTiki Send a personal message to MooneyTiki  Email MooneyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Robb Hamel
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-11 5:30 pm   Permalink

It's looking good. I think I see several unique feature, which is always a plus. Keep rollin'.

www.robbhamel.com

View Profile of Robb Hamel Send a personal message to Robb Hamel  Goto the website of Robb Hamel     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-30 7:53 pm   Permalink

Haven't had a heckuvalota time to work on the bar since our latest child was born in late July...
But here's a progress shot of the mural I started behind the bar. This is only about one-fifth of the way done:

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-30 7:56 pm   Permalink

wondered where you got off to slacks appleseed. looks good.

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-10 3:14 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-04-18 14:07, Slacks Ferret wrote:

What's your plan on this pole? Real or Mock Bamboo perhaps? I was just thinking that a floor to ceiling lamp might be an interesting choice...

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Robb Hamel
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-10 3:16 pm   Permalink

The mural is terrific-o! The floor is very nice - I've never seen that before.

View Profile of Robb Hamel Send a personal message to Robb Hamel  Goto the website of Robb Hamel     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-10 3:57 pm   Permalink

Mahalo gents! I really hope to make some significant progress during my holiday break.

Freddie, I think I'm gonna turn the pole into a palm tree. But I've also entertained the idea of wrapping it in a nautical-ish rope. The bamboo idea is a good one too...hmmm.

freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-10 5:25 pm   Permalink

I was thinking about you stealing a page from Mr Pu-Pu Pants and making a tapa-pattern pole cover from 1x6 boards:

But instead of the leaf/flower pattern replace that with plunge-routed Hibiscus flowers, or just plunge-rout out the leaf/flower patterns, and put various colored cel inserted into them, then wrap the pole with twinkling rope lights and assemble the pole cover around this. This will give you a lamp that gives off more atmosphere than light, basically just enough light so you won't walk into it.

[ This Message was edited by: freddiefreelance 2009-12-10 17:35 ]

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-10 6:02 pm   Permalink

That's a great idea. Who knows?..I may steal it. Thanks!

Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-18 08:32 am   Permalink

The last few months I've been working (slowly) on making tapa patterned tiles for my bar top(s). These are the last of the bunch to come out of the kiln before I "lei" them this Xmas holiday.

I'm still not exactly sure how I'm gonna place them... but I figure I'll play around with what I've got.

Stay Tuned

Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-18 08:49 am   Permalink

The tiles are wonderful. Great project!

View Profile of Sneakytiki Send a personal message to Sneakytiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKIVILLE
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-18 10:26 am   Permalink

YES!....now thats thinkin !
Calgary scratches the ol' nogin deep huh ?
Thats gonna look awsome ....

View Profile of TIKIVILLE Send a personal message to TIKIVILLE  Email TIKIVILLE     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-12-22 6:25 pm   Permalink

Beautiful tiles!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation