FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts The Tiki Art of Slacks Ferret- Kanaloa Kannibal Mug Glaze Tests on Page 12.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
The Tiki Art of Slacks Ferret- Kanaloa Kannibal Mug Glaze Tests on Page 12.
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-12 10:18 pm   Permalink

Slacks,

Its really quite cool to see someone pushing the limits of an art form that's already way out there - Tiki! And that Cephalapod painting ROCKS!!!

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

[ This Message was edited by: Aaron's Akua on 2004-08-12 22:19 ]

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Toa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-13 01:27 am   Permalink

Texa Hold Em Tikified..........Sweet, I want a copy.

Toa

View Profile of Tiki-Toa Send a personal message to Tiki-Toa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bamboo Dude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-13 05:06 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-08-12 21:36, Benzart wrote:
That doesn't look like a poker game where I would leave with anything of value. Those cardsharks would skin me alive. Love it

That Moai...what a stone-face! I'd love to have one of these S.F.

Don't be a mommy's moai!

View Profile of Bamboo Dude Send a personal message to Bamboo Dude      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-13 07:31 am   Permalink

You know you have to have prints made of the Tiki Poker Game. It's an instant classic.

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-13 6:48 pm   Permalink

Thanks everybody for the kind words...
I promise to post an updated and completed pic of Tiki's Playing Poker work when it's finally finished.

Thanks again!

-Slacks

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-19 1:45 pm   Permalink

Hooray!
It's finally done! I know it's not much diffferent than the last pic I posted of this painting but you will note changes in the pufferfish, netting and the "Tahitian" and Moai tikis...

-Thanks fer lookin'

Slacks

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-19 2:28 pm   Permalink

Slacks, whatever you did to it really brightened it up and gave it something special.
I Really love this picture.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-19 5:46 pm   Permalink

The Ferret rocks!! The poker game is sensational. I completely agree with Raffertiki: GET SOME PRINTS MADE.....I WANT ONE TO FRAME FOR MY COLLECTION! PLEASE LET US KNOW!

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kono
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-19 8:24 pm   Permalink

You HAVE to make that into a print. That is awesome.

View Profile of Kono Send a personal message to Kono  Email Kono Goto the website of Kono     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-19 9:54 pm   Permalink

great art work, real nice.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hala bullhiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-19 10:01 pm   Permalink

would love a print of that as well.....great stuff....love the fountian as well!

View Profile of hala bullhiki Send a personal message to hala bullhiki  Email hala bullhiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-19 10:26 pm   Permalink

totally awesome, How was the art show? sorry i couldnt get there to meet you. Couldnt get a sitter. Please say your going to make prints of this painting.

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
docwoods
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-19 10:38 pm   Permalink

Slacks,that is sensational! Yes,you really do need to make prints of that one-I bet you a couple of coconuts that it will become a tikibar staple.Wonderful work!

View Profile of docwoods Send a personal message to docwoods  Email docwoods     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-20 8:16 pm   Permalink

Hey folks!

Thanks again for the kind words! I'm gonna look into making prints of the poker game. Any suggestions where I should start? Should I go with off-set lithography or try the new giclee variety? What's more cost prohibitive?so many questions....

rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-05 3:52 pm   Permalink

Today I saw this masterfull piece in person.
It is truelly awesome. I stood there starring and could imagine the smell of the room and chatter amongst the players, the music playing softly in the background.Made my wish it was possible to jump into the painting(like steve does on blues clues) My only regret was not meeting the artist in person
Maybe next time.

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation