FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts The Tiki Art of Slacks Ferret- Kanaloa Kannibal Mug Glaze Tests on Page 12.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
The Tiki Art of Slacks Ferret- Kanaloa Kannibal Mug Glaze Tests on Page 12.
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-05 3:58 pm   Permalink

Slacks that painting is the cat's ass!

I'd really like to own a copy, let me know if you're able to make prints!

Great Minds Drink Alike

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McDougall
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-05 5:49 pm   Permalink

add me to the list of people who love that poker painting! You already sell the origanol? Nice work

View Profile of McDougall Send a personal message to McDougall  Email McDougall Goto the website of McDougall     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-05 9:56 pm   Permalink

Hey Slacks, I got to add my props too. The Tiki poker game is way cool. Regarding prints, There is a plac called "The Crimson Altelier" their name has popped up on TC on another thread. I have never used them but they appear to have decent prices. Take a look:

http://www.crimsonatelier.com/

Any other TC artisans ever use these folks?
Chongolio

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swamp Fire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-06 11:10 am   Permalink

Slacks, Love the pocker playing tikis. Great job!

You could try the link below for giclees. She is a one person shop in Tucson. Think about printing two up on one large sheet and trim. It may help get the cost down.
http://judymiller.com/

The Art of Doug Horne
http://www.swampfirelounge.com/

View Profile of Swamp Fire Send a personal message to Swamp Fire  Email Swamp Fire Goto the website of Swamp Fire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-07 5:59 pm   Permalink

Thanks again to everyone with their kind words. It's nice to know that there is interest if I decide to make prints. I promise to keep you posted on that...

I suppose it's time to share my first carving. I've been working on this 4 foot piece of poplar for quite some time now (as I said before, I'm not prolific) and I think I'm still many hours away from staining it.

But I have to say, there are definately days that I'm more stoked to carve than paint. It's so bloody (literally) fun!

If you have any comments, I'd love to hear them.

[ This Message was edited by: Slacks Ferret on 2004-10-07 23:43 ]

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kono
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-07 7:54 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-10-07 17:59, Slacks Ferret wrote:
Thanks again to everyone with their kind words. It's nice to know that there is interest if I decide to make prints. I promise to keep you posted on that...

IF??!! You HAVE to make those prints! This is bigger than you and me and Tiki Central, that painting is an Honest to God future classic!

In all seriousness, you must make prints of that painting. I won't rest (or let you rest) until I get a print! It's really that good IMHO Mssr Ferret. I love that painting and I'm not ashamed to say it.

View Profile of Kono Send a personal message to Kono  Email Kono Goto the website of Kono     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-08 5:56 pm   Permalink

Have you heard enough???

GET 'ER DONE!!!!!!

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-08 6:11 pm   Permalink

The man can paint and carve. He is unstoppable, I bet if you lift his shirt there is a big red S for super slacks on his chest.
All kidding aside it looks great so far.
We should get together and carve sometime.

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TNTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-08 7:14 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 16:21 ]

View Profile of TNTiki Send a personal message to TNTiki  Email TNTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-16 7:49 pm   Permalink

Aloha,

I just wanted to post some new progress shots of my first tiki. Here he is from the back...I added shoulder blades, spiney bumps and a tuchus:

Here is my second carving that I started: basically just a tiki mask:

Mahalo for lookin'

-Slacks

[ This Message was edited by: Slacks Ferret on 2004-11-16 20:12 ]

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-16 8:01 pm   Permalink

Spiney bumps! Great idea. That's gonna look sweet, Slacks. They do take a long time, don't they? Patiently waiting for final pics....

Aaron

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-16 8:36 pm   Permalink

Hey Slacks,

Don't get too far into #2 until #1 is put to rest. It's definately worth finishing. Keep up the good work.

http://www.NiceFishy.com

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-17 11:22 pm   Permalink

Looking good, I havent got bloody yet. But I have hit my hand with a mallet more than once. Thanks for sharing , keep us posted.

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-01 11:04 pm   Permalink

I've been yapping about making a mug from a mold for quite some time now, and I'm finally getting closer to done.

This is a pic of the first mold that came out in one piece. It's still ruined though, so I can't use it.

I'm happy to report that I've since poured a mug that came out of the mold beautifully. Just don't have a photo of that one. Now I just need to bisque and glaze it. Oh Joy!

Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-01 11:06 pm   Permalink

Looks like I'm going to have another mug to buy!

Good work.

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation