FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts The Tiki Art of Slacks Ferret- Kanaloa Kannibal Mug Glaze Tests on Page 12.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
The Tiki Art of Slacks Ferret- Kanaloa Kannibal Mug Glaze Tests on Page 12.
ZebraTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-01 11:16 pm   Permalink

Slacks -
Just discovered your "Tikis Playing Poker" ... I have to echo all the great things everyone else has said about it ... simply awesome! Love the colors and texture!

Put me on your list of people who want the print.
And what about prints? When are you going to do them? It would almost be cruel if you didn't!

View Profile of ZebraTiki Send a personal message to ZebraTiki  Email ZebraTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kalikiana
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-12-02 8:31 pm   Permalink

Hey SF, if you get those prints made, I'm in for one too! That painting is beyond mere words! I have a blank wall screaming for this print! Keep up the good work. The wealth of talent on TC is surely staggering!
K

View Profile of Kalikiana Send a personal message to Kalikiana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-08 12:05 pm   Permalink

Done #2:

Still working on #1...

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-30 8:00 pm   Permalink

Hello.

Just wanted to add some more progress shots of my first tiki. (Boy these things take a while)

Side View

Tuchus View

First of the Protype Mugs

GRRRR...We're gonna eat you!

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-30 8:50 pm   Permalink

WOW, that guy is really looking great, and the mug is super cool , cant wait to see the finished product of both.

[ This Message was edited by: rodeotiki on 2005-01-30 21:06 ]

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-30 9:03 pm   Permalink

Hey Slacks. thats gonna be a dynamite lookin mug...Well Done

[ This Message was edited by: Benzart on 2005-02-07 05:33 ]

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-30 11:45 pm   Permalink

Slacks,
Congrats on the mug! Let me know when I can buy one. If you ever want to talk ceramics shop send me a PM.
TT

View Profile of OceaOtica Send a personal message to OceaOtica  Email OceaOtica Goto the website of OceaOtica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
wrongdimensionboy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-02-05 7:05 pm   Permalink

Slacks, the mug is beautiful. The carving is beautiful as well. HOORAY!

View Profile of wrongdimensionboy Send a personal message to wrongdimensionboy  Goto the website of wrongdimensionboy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-06 1:20 pm   Permalink

Fantastic Slacks!

Great carvings, great mug! Lemme know when I your mugs are available for purchase!

Aloohaaa!

Great Minds Drink Alike

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kono
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-06 5:55 pm   Permalink

Great mug! Any timeline on when it will be for sale? Colors?

Is the tiki poker game print dead in the water?

View Profile of Kono Send a personal message to Kono  Email Kono Goto the website of Kono     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-06 6:24 pm   Permalink

Thanks everyone. It's nice to hear the encouragement. Both projects have been very huge learning experiences.

To answer Kono's comment...No, the Tiki poker game is not dead in the water, a print may yet see the light of day. I just need more time to get them done. I'll aim for May. Hopefully. It helps to give me deadlines.

As for the mug...I dunno yet. I've been toying with the idea of NOT selling them. I think it might be interesting if I made it unavailable for sale...unless you were to come to the Kanaloa Lounge in person (that's right...you'd have to come to my home bar in Calgary) and order a Kanaloa Kannibal.

Just an idea. Perhaps it's my passive aggressive way of getting back at you So'Cal'ers with all yr nearby tiki bars...perhaps it's not. The biggest problem with this idea is that the Kanaloa Lounge doesn't exist just yet...but I have sketches!

rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-06 6:37 pm   Permalink

I will come help build the bar , We want mugs and you cant deny them to us...

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kono
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-06 7:13 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-02-06 18:24, Slacks Ferret wrote:
As for the mug...I dunno yet. I've been toying with the idea of NOT selling them. I think it might be interesting if I made it unavailable for sale...unless you were to come to the Kanaloa Lounge in person (that's right...you'd have to come to my home bar in Calgary) and order a Kanaloa Kannibal.

Actually that's a great idea, even if it means I never get one of the buggers. I say it's great because I was thinking along the same lines although you are way further down the pipeline than me. I thought it would be a cool project to make up my own drinks and drink menu and even mugs for a home tiki bar. I'm at the drink recipe stage right now. I've been doing a little research on mug making and am thinking of finding a local ceramics class. Wouldn't it be cool if every TC home bar had at least one signature drink and mug??

View Profile of Kono Send a personal message to Kono  Email Kono Goto the website of Kono     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kctiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-06 7:22 pm   Permalink

quote: "GRRRR we're gonna eat you!"

Those mugs are darling! GRRRR I want one!

View Profile of kctiki Send a personal message to kctiki  Email kctiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
wrongdimensionboy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-02-08 12:14 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-02-06 18:24, Slacks Ferret wrote:
Thanks everyone. It's nice to hear the encouragement. Both projects have been very huge learning experiences.

To answer Kono's comment...No, the Tiki poker game is not dead in the water, a print may yet see the light of day. I just need more time to get them done. I'll aim for May. Hopefully. It helps to give me deadlines.

Just an idea. Perhaps it's my passive aggressive way of getting back at you So'Cal'ers with all yr nearby tiki bars...perhaps it's not. The biggest problem with this idea is that the Kanaloa Lounge doesn't exist just yet...but I have sketches!

HA! HA! I'm probably one of the only folks on these boards who will actually be at Slack's house in the (hopefully) near future! I'm gonna hoard all the mugs I can while I'm up there and sell them on eBay for a premium! BROOF!

View Profile of wrongdimensionboy Send a personal message to wrongdimensionboy  Goto the website of wrongdimensionboy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation