FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Ryden...NOT!
Ryden...NOT!
SoBeTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2002-08-13 07:42 am   Permalink

Check out this listing:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=898495528&r=0&t=0&showTutorial=0&ed=1029382576&indexURL=0&rd=1

The seller has it listed in the category "Antiques & Art:Art:Prints:Contemporary (1950-Now):Limited Editions:Other"
Almost makes you think its a Ryden authentic...

Unethical Seller? In fairness, he did respond to my email and did confirm that it is NOT a Ryden authentic. Also it is priced in a fashion where the average Tikiphile can own one. Its also possible that any potential buyer is simply someone who appreciates it for what it is and not what its worth, but I'm not diggin the misrepresentation of items like these.

[ This Message was edited by: SoBeTiki on 2002-08-13 07:44 ]

View Profile of SoBeTiki Send a personal message to SoBeTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Suburban Hipster
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-13 08:40 am   Permalink

The seller doesn't even acknowledge that it's a Mark Ryden print. I doubt that this is a licensed product.

View Profile of Suburban Hipster Send a personal message to Suburban Hipster  Email Suburban Hipster     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-15 3:42 pm   Permalink

I sent the seller 2 separate questions and he never replied. Loser.

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hula hula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-20 11:12 am   Permalink

Someone has reported this auction to ebay as copyright infringment, which it might well be, but now I might be out of $9 plus shipping!!!!!

They pulled all these print auctions,I email the guy who sells them to make sure I still get mine. I dont care if its a K.O. it still look nice.

View Profile of hula hula Send a personal message to hula hula  Email hula hula Goto the website of hula hula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation