FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events King Kukulele Presents TIKI TAIX
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
King Kukulele Presents TIKI TAIX
King Kukulele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-02 12:22 am   Permalink

MAHAAAALLLLLLOOOOO!!!!
Thank you to everyone for coming out to the very first Tiki Taix Luau for YOU! It was a great turnout and I really hope you all took home some memories to...remember. Thank you to Sven, Iuka and Rod Grogg, all the Mai Kai Gents, all of Miss Mauna Loa, Al and Shelley, Dave and Rebecca and The Purple Orchid, and last but not least, thanks to the Friki Tikis for coming out to the Tiki Taix kickoff.
Next up: Tiki Taix II -- Mark your calenders, Friday March 26. Stay tuned for an announcement of the bill. We hope to work it out so Iuka Grogg AND Rod Grogg can come out to Tiki Taix next time.
Mahalo Again!
King Kukulele

View Profile of King Kukulele Send a personal message to King Kukulele  Email King Kukulele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-02 10:26 am   Permalink

King,
It was grand. Mahalo and congratulations on organizing such a fine evening for everyone.

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=7719&forum=1&start=0

KG

View Profile of Kailuageoff Send a personal message to Kailuageoff  Email Kailuageoff     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-02 8:20 pm   Permalink

Don't mess with Tiki Taix! Who knew there was a place in this crazy world for tiki cabaret? In particular, the live satellite feed to the Purple Orchid was a hoot -- I'd love to see that again when I can hear it better. I'm bummed I'm going to miss next month's Tiki Taix; I'll be in Orlando. Especially if the Smokin' Menehunes do end up on the bill.

Mahalos to all especially for making my out-of-town guests feel so at home. They had a great time! (I suppose that was pretty obvious... *ahem*. Hanging out with those girls is like living in a Trader Vic's menu cover. I miss them already.)

Here's a selection of pics:

My girlfriends, Erin & Monica

TraderPup, in an especially snazzy (zazzy?) suit.

Polynesian Pop -- that looks like a Heineken shirt, but it says "Hawaiian"... close one, Pop!

SugarCaddyDaddy, looking coy

The kick_the_reverbs, with a side of Al

KailuaGeoff & Sven, and you can barely make out Dave (Wersmo Derinc) & Rebecca in the back

An appropriately off-kilter and adorable pic of Shell in the Pacific

MonkeyMan gives his best goofy smile...

...and Atomic Cocktail gives his

Alright folks, this is why I can't be trusted to take pictures at these events -- I always get terrible pics of the best parts! This is Sven overjoyed at his gift from TikiFille

The Mai Kai Gents get started, and you can see Sven's new tiki in the background

The Mysterious Miss Mauna Loa takes the stage

My friends Erin & Monica are joined by Futura Girl

I ran into this friend of a friend from Seattle (no tiki connection) at Tiki Taix! Go figure

Iuka Grogg makes the rounds -- either that or I stumbled up on stage and I don't remember it.

King Kukulele & Iuka Grogg go serenading

Crazy Al looking, well, crazy

And of course, there are even more pictures
here.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquarj
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2004-03-04 7:35 pm   Permalink

For Tiki Taix II, what are the estimated start and end times?

-Randy

View Profile of aquarj Send a personal message to aquarj  Goto the website of aquarj     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-05 11:51 am   Permalink

Well, King is in the UK right now and is not available for an answer to that question. I imagine that it could follow the same timeline as the first Tiki Taix. It began at 10:00 PM. As for the ending time? Hmmm. Alnshely and I stayed at King's and he said we didn't get to sleep until 4:30. SO, it went late. I suppose the show didn't go beyond 2:00, but the loading-out and tiki shenanigans did. Get your rest in advance.

I arrived at Taix just after 9:00 and even the lounge area was full to the brim with diners (BTW They serve lovely meals at Taix) so I don't suppose they would turn that room over to the whole entertainment/ party vibe that early. I'll bet they can't start Tiki Taix much earlier than 10:00, but I could be wrong...

[ This Message was edited by: floratina on 2004-03-05 12:27 ]

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
k'eli
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-03-05 2:00 pm   Permalink

When is the next Tiki Nite at Taix?

View Profile of k'eli Send a personal message to k'eli      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquarj
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2004-03-05 4:19 pm   Permalink

Thanks Tina! Naomi and I are thinking we might be able to catch this one, or at least part of it. If it works out, it'll be fun to catch some socal TCers there.

-Randy

View Profile of aquarj Send a personal message to aquarj  Goto the website of aquarj     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-09 10:48 am   Permalink

Here's a much better pic than that other one I took of TikiFille's carving for Sven, in its new home:

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
k'eli
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-03-15 6:04 pm   Permalink

Aloha - when will the bill be posted for the March 26th Tiki Taix? That is a week from this Friday??

is there anything going on this Friday evening - March 19th or Saturday March 20th??

View Profile of k'eli Send a personal message to k'eli      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-15 6:53 pm   Permalink

Quote:

k'eli wrote:
Aloha - when will the bill be posted for the March 26th Tiki Taix? That is a week from this Friday??

is there anything going on this Friday evening - March 19th or Saturday March 20th??

K'eli~

Click my monkey's butt. No, really.

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-16 10:41 am   Permalink

tikifille - you did a fantastic job replicating the BOT tiki! Even the surface texture is spot on. I envy your talents.

[ This Message was edited by: floratina on 2004-03-16 10:44 ]

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-22 09:44 am   Permalink

Quote:

KING KUKULELE wrote:
...Next up: Tiki Taix II -- Mark your calenders, Friday March 26. Stay tuned for an announcement of the bill.

Mahalo Again!
King Kukulele

Well, it is now Monday, March 22nd. Any update as to if this is going to be a go for this Friday?

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-22 09:45 am   Permalink

I talked to King Kuke this weekend and he says its still on...

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikifrog
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-03-22 11:38 am   Permalink

I just had a mail from King Kukulele saying that it will take place this Friday night.

View Profile of Tikifrog Send a personal message to Tikifrog      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation