FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Tiki themed childrens' toys for 2004
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Tiki themed childrens' toys for 2004
Atomic Cocktail
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-20 09:52 am   Permalink

The "Bratz" need a "Deluxe Virgin Sacrifice Volcano Playset with Lava Stream". I know my niece would go for it.

View Profile of Atomic Cocktail Send a personal message to Atomic Cocktail  Goto the website of Atomic Cocktail     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kanaloa
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-04-20 1:14 pm   Permalink

Exoticat,

What Bratz doll or play set did the tiki mugs come out of?

View Profile of Kanaloa Send a personal message to Kanaloa  Email Kanaloa Goto the website of Kanaloa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-20 3:29 pm   Permalink

Quote:
On 2004-04-20 13:14, Kanaloa wrote:What Bratz doll or play set did the tiki mugs come out of?

It's the girls with bathing suits and shorty-shorts sets, all ready for "Jammin' in Jamaica" (ready for adding to your Guava Gulch bar). The dolls and their accompanying gear are $9.99 right now, I believe.

I am poised like a vulture, waiting for the Guava Gulch bars to drop in price at my local Target. 4 of the original 6 are still there, and it's been months. Patience, patience.....

[ This Message was edited by: Formikahini on 2004-04-20 15:34 ]

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-24 8:16 pm   Permalink

Hi, Kanaloa! I got mine on eBay...all of them for $3.99. (Mugs only.) I think the seller still is putting sets of them out, but I'm not sure, I got mine back in early March.

View Profile of Exoticat Send a personal message to Exoticat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikijackalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-27 03:58 am   Permalink

Target, at least in some stores, has reduced the price of the My Scene Guava Gulch bar set to $16.99. Still too high for me, but heading the right way.

View Profile of tikijackalope Send a personal message to tikijackalope  Email tikijackalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-27 10:04 am   Permalink

Yep, I'm also still waitin' for less than $16.99 (dropped here in Houston, too). I'll check each week, and if the remaining 4 G.G.'s at my Target start to go, I'll go ahead and pony up the $17...maybe.

But - that's a vintage mug or 2!

Then again, by buying modern tiki items, we do show the manufacturers (and potential bar openers) that there's a market out there for tiki.

Decisions, decisions. To be cheap or to make an investment in the future. Cheap? Investment?

Ah, hell. Cheap wins again. I retain my vulture's stance.

[ This Message was edited by: Formikahini on 2004-04-27 10:05 ]

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-10 6:50 pm   Permalink

Whoo HOO! Guava Gulch has now dropped to $12.75 - got it! Target has EVERYTHING!!!

tikijackalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-11 05:51 am   Permalink

Hey thanks Formikahini, I've been wanting one of those as a photo prop and that price is about right.

View Profile of tikijackalope Send a personal message to tikijackalope  Email tikijackalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-11 10:47 am   Permalink

I set mine up last night and it is as CUTE as a BUG! (Sorry, no digital camera.) The tiki bar is almost a foot tall (including the parrot who sits atop). I have some Trader Vic's salt and pepper guys sitting in the equipale chairs, chairs which I coincidentally have real ones of in my living room. They look very relaxed, sipping their drinks out of a pineapple and a coconut. Funny thing is, the tikis that hold the palm fronds and tiki torches (all of which come with the set) are a little taller than the TV guys!

I think I'm buying another set, this one for my 4-yr-old niece who's in town today. Start her off on the right track.

tikijackalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-11 6:35 pm   Permalink

Formikahini wrote:
Quote:
I have some Trader Vic's salt and pepper guys sitting in the equipale chairs...They look very relaxed, sipping their drinks out of a pineapple and a coconut.

Do you think the average 12" male action figure can fit in those chairs? I'm thinking that this Halloween my Universal monsters need to share drinks with Star Trek figures and GI Joes. I can make a volcano bowl so Frankenstein can say "fire, bad!"
Quote:
I think I'm buying another set, this one for my 4-yr-old niece who's in town today. Start her off on the right track.

And to think I was worried about America's youth. Btw, if Target follows pattern, the next markdown will be two week after the last one. This usually happens on Wednesday in the toy department.

ikitnrev
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-07-11 7:59 pm   Permalink

Yes, the 12 inch tall action figures do fit in the Gava Gulch tiki bar set -- I know because i have a set, and my old 12" G.I. Joe set could sit comfortably in the chairs and enjoy a tiki drink. He needs to drop his camouflage outfit though, and borrow some tiki shirts from Ken so he doesn't feel too out of place.

Earlier this week I was at a magazine store, and looking at a Barbie doll collector magazine named 'Barbie Bazaar' Inside they used the Gava Gulch tiki set as a background setting for a photo-essay that combined a Tina Louise-like character and tiki.

Vern

View Profile of ikitnrev Send a personal message to ikitnrev  Email ikitnrev     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-12 6:42 pm   Permalink

There's a good picture of the set here:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0000E2DJO/102-6132441-4326501?v=glance&s=toys&n=507846&me=A3UN6WX5RRO2AG&vi=pictures&img=14#more-pictures

I changed the signs on mine so that they have the logo of my Tiki Room on them and I also offer pink elephant daiquiris on the little menu board.

I have two Blythe dolls who use the set and are on their way to becoming alcoholics (and they've only been using it about a week). Sad, sad...

View Profile of Exoticat Send a personal message to Exoticat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-12 6:46 pm   Permalink

I see now that the pics are posted not once, but twice on page one. That's what happens when you don't review the entire old thread. However, it is a great set at a good price (if you like that kind of thing)...at our favorite store of the month: Target.

Tiki Matt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-12 7:29 pm   Permalink

Mai Tais for the kiddies, you can never start too young....I think these sets should include tropical cocktail recipes!

View Profile of Tiki Matt Send a personal message to Tiki Matt  Goto the website of Tiki Matt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-12 11:29 pm   Permalink

OH! The niece SHRIEKED, I mean SCREAMED at the top of her lungs when I pulled the box out of the Target bag! I am now officially The Coolest Aunt in the Universe.

Tikijackalope, this last drop in price took months. I'm sure I spent much more in gas checking, than I saved by waiting!

Exoticat, I had the same idea (to change the name on the sign). No time these days to do so, but one of these days. But I didn't think of our beloved TC as the name - great idea!

And Tiki Matt, I made SURE, as does the packaging, to mention often that this tiki bar serves fruit smoothies - only! I enjoy holding the position of The Aunt That The Niece Adores But Who Won't Steer Her in the Wrong Direction. (You know, Do as I say, not as I do!) Her parents trust me that I won't ever lead her down the wrong path, so by gum, I shan't.

Well, except when it comes to buying lotsa really cheap crap that ya don't need but looks really cool.

[ This Message was edited by: Formikahini on 2004-07-12 23:31 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation