FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Marketplace » » Tiki at TJMax
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
Tiki at TJMax
tikisobayli
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-19 9:53 pm   Permalink

Hello all,

Just wanted to share some very recent finds at our local TjMax. Without opening the whole "tiki going mainstream" arguement, my wife (who works at our local TJMax) found these really nice glass "bottles" in the backroom before they went out to the general public.

The Suffering Bastard bottle is very well done as is the Moai. In addition to the Blue Hawaii and Margaritta Mix, there is also a Strawberrry Daqauri mix. All of the mixes are available in either the SB or Moai. By far, the Blue Hawaii mix looks the best in the bottles. So, keep an eye out or if you do not have a local TJMax, let us know and we can arrange to hook you up!

View Profile of tikisobayli Send a personal message to tikisobayli  Email tikisobayli Goto the website of tikisobayli     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Turbogod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-20 08:03 am   Permalink

When are they going out? I live right down the street from one.

View Profile of Turbogod Send a personal message to Turbogod      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-20 11:18 am   Permalink

Mainstream schmainstream! I'm GETTIN' 'em!

Tikisobayli, have you tasted either yet? (I'm assuming being at TJ Maxx, the cost is not prohibitive, so even if they suck, it will not be a wasted expenditure)

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-20 11:28 am   Permalink

Well I'd love a couple of those, but canada is just so darned expensive to ship to. *sigh*

Great Minds Drink Alike

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-20 11:33 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-02-20 11:28, Tikiwahine wrote:
Well I'd love a couple of those, but canada is just so darned expensive to ship to. *sigh*

tell ya what tw, if i find them i'll buy several sets and we can settle up...! j$

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-20 12:15 pm   Permalink

J$, you rock. I mean, you exotica.
Mahalo,

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-20 12:27 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-02-20 12:15, Tikiwahine wrote:
J$, you rock. I mean, you exotica.
Mahalo,

maybe the verb is "caw like an exotic bird"

wahine and i have tj max on the to-do list tomorrow. i generally find the place oddly fascinating. where else can you buy (within the continental area) olive oil, truffles, african giraffe carvings, and underwear...

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-20 12:31 pm   Permalink

Wow, cool....doesn't TJMaxx sell old lots for a discount? Bet these are only regionally available. WHO made those?

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikisobayli
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-20 3:53 pm   Permalink

The mix is still not out in our store here in Alabama. But more then likely should be in the next day or so. They were $9.99 each so they were on the expensive side for sure.

As far as who makes them, the tag on the bottle has the brand name on Being while the foil wrapper around the cap has the name Shoneeld's. I have never heard of either.

We have not tried them yet, but we are having a tiki gathering next weekend for my wifes birthday and we might get into one if we get desperate for mix.

Let us know if anyone else spots them around in their local stores.

Again, the offer is still open about us getting some for any who wants one. Just send me a PM

[ This Message was edited by: tikisobayli on 2004-02-20 15:55 ]

View Profile of tikisobayli Send a personal message to tikisobayli  Email tikisobayli Goto the website of tikisobayli     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-20 6:14 pm   Permalink

I stopped by my local TJ Maxx today, poked around the shelves and came up with nuthin'. Asking the salesperson didn't help either. So I went downstairs to another store called "Marshall's" (which is identical to TJ Maxx, but with a different name - same stock, same prices - go figure...), and after hunting through their housewares section, spotted one of the Suffering Bastard bottles peeking out from behind some larger bottles. Yesss!

Was it filled with Blue Hawaiian mix? Nooooo...

Was it filled with Daiquiri mix? Nope...

Was it possibly filled with Margarita mix? Not this one...

It was filled with DARK RED KIDNEY BEAN INFUSED OIL What the f*ck is that?? It's made by the same "Shonfeld's" as the drink mixes, so I guess they make all kinds of culinary stuff. I haven't the slightest idea what to do with the contents, so I may just dump it out. I did feel kinda dopey shelling out 10 bux for a bottle of DARK RED KIDNEY BEAN INFUSED OIL, but it does look kinda cool. Picture the blue Suffering Bastard from Tikisobayli's pic filled with DARK RED KIDNEY BEANS. Oh, and OIL.
I asked the salesgirl about any more that may be in the back or something, and she said she'd never seen them before - it was probably the last one. I then went back upstairs to TJ Maxx, DARK RED KINDEY BEAN INFUSED OIL-filled Suffering Bastard in hand, and asked the same salesperson, who still had no idea what I was talking about.

So I left with my Suffering Bastard and headed straight over to "ROSS Dress For Less" (which is the identical triplet to TJ Maxx and Marshall's) and found a whole range of "Shonfeld's" products in assorted cool bottles. Alas, no tikis, but I'll bet they either had them or will have them at some point.

So keep checkin' your TJ Maxx's, but also try Marshall's and Ross - these thing's could be anywhere!!

Oh, and if you have any clue as to what to use DARK RED KIDNEY BEAN INFUSED OIL for, let me know...
Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-20 6:29 pm   Permalink

Doctor Z~

After you finally end up dumping the kidney bean & oil (hec, you know you'll end up doing that), clean the inside as best as you can and put distilled water and a mixture of food coloring (remember, red + blue make purple!!) and fill 'the bastard' with the colored water. That's what I did with my vintage barber bottles in my bathroom. Remember to fill it to the very top and leave as little air in it as possible. I've had mine filled for 4 years with no problems or color change whatsoever. Place a low watt light behind it and light it up!

Plus, if you get bored with the same color, just make another color mixture! During Christmas you can make a light colored mixture (or just distilled H2O) with colorful glitter and you'll have yourself a Holiday Bastard Snow 'globe'!

Just my 2 coconuts worth.

[ This Message was edited by: SugarCaddyDaddy on 2004-02-20 18:32 ]

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2004-02-20 7:09 pm   Permalink

Hell, I'd use them to put my homemade liqueurs into! Those are great!

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Feelin' Zombified
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-20 7:13 pm   Permalink

Went to 2 TJ Maxx's nuthin'
also went to a Marshalls and a Homegoods Nuthin'!!!
Sad, I can't even find mass market Tiki in Michigan (unless you count the neon orange tiki tumblers I saw at Marshalls)
I'll try again tomorrow, though now my wife (a "Foodie") is all excited about the kidney bean oil. Ack!

-Z

Thank God The Tiki Bar Is Open
Thank God The Tiki Torch Still Shines...

View Profile of Feelin' Zombified Send a personal message to Feelin' Zombified  Email Feelin' Zombified     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-20 7:56 pm   Permalink

The company that makes these also has a website (Shonfeld.com) with some other tiki stuff on it like these: http://shonfelds.com/site/prod.asp?catId=17&ItemId=378

and these: http://shonfelds.com/site/prod.asp?catId=35&ItemId=376

but the Suffering Bastard and Moai glass bottles are nowhere to be found...
Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-20 8:26 pm   Permalink

Oh, and if you have any clue as to what to use DARK RED KIDNEY BEAN INFUSED OIL for, let me know...
-------------------------------------

is it flamable??

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation