FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events !!!!!!!Bay Are Home Bar Tour #3: September 21!!!!!!!!!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
!!!!!!!Bay Are Home Bar Tour #3: September 21!!!!!!!!!
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2002-08-13 4:15 pm   Permalink

Here is the new thread for my party. I hope folks can make it. It's called #3 now as TikiDaddy/aquarj's party is now #2 chronologically. The tour is growing!

***Added bonus: I'm planning on having a "mini-auction" at the party with a few vintage goodies. Imagine the exictement of live bidding, and no competition from ebay! So bring a few extra bucks, and let me know if there's anything folks would like to add to this.

From the previous post:

This is a tradition that I really want to see get off the ground. Everyone on this list in the Bay Area and anyone who will be here (or is willing to drive!) is cordially invited. Please post to this thread if you will be joining us. I'll be happy if it's 10 people for relaxed cocktails, or if it's 30 people for a full-on hukilau. (Though my little apartment can't hold much more than that!) We'll have snacks and there's plenty of great restaurants in our neighborhood for dinner. (I'll post a list later). So come and join the fun! I also want to use CafePress to make tour shirts at the end of the home bar tour for our members to wear with pride.

Saturday, September 21 at 8:00 PM

Martin & Rebecca's Tiki Bar ("The Foggy Grotto")
447 Seventh Avenue, Apt. 2 (between Geary and Anza)
San Francisco
H: 415-387-0145

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiHula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-13 7:45 pm   Permalink

Groovy! I'll be there, and will bring some rum to appease the libation god!! And maybe a thing or two to add to the auction....

View Profile of TikiHula Send a personal message to TikiHula  Email TikiHula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMel
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2002-08-13 7:49 pm   Permalink

Sweet! Count me in, possibly +1 (is that ok??) What can I bring??

~m

View Profile of TikiMel Send a personal message to TikiMel  Email TikiMel     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbadtikidaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-14 10:12 am   Permalink

barring any unforseen circumstances, I am there!
look forward to it!
Can you make it to mine on the 24th?
I will be posting more details...

View Profile of bigbadtikidaddy Send a personal message to bigbadtikidaddy  Email bigbadtikidaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2002-08-14 11:14 am   Permalink

Right on! Keep those RSVPs coming!

Mel: Of course you can bring someone, as long as they are tiki-inclined!
As to what to bring, rum is always good, or bring some snacks. And thanks!

Daddy: Glad you can make it. Sorry I won't be able to be at yours, but I will be at the Hala Kahiki and will raise a glass to your luau. Seeing where you live, are you calling your party FleaTiki? You've gotta incorporate fleas somehow!

-martin

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbadtikidaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-14 2:23 pm   Permalink

>>Seeing where you live, are you calling your party FleaTiki? You've gotta incorporate fleas somehow!
Ha!
you may be onto something...

your post made me laugh since most people dont pick up on that.
quick translation for our non-bilingual friends:
'alameda de las pulgas' is spanish for "avenue of the fleas"

View Profile of bigbadtikidaddy Send a personal message to bigbadtikidaddy  Email bigbadtikidaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquarj
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2002-08-14 6:26 pm   Permalink

Martin, count in me and Naomi for the 21st. Please remind us again that week or something, and let us know if we should bring anything (bongo board? Kon-tiki board game? booze?).
-Randy

View Profile of aquarj Send a personal message to aquarj  Goto the website of aquarj     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
drphonic

Posted: 2002-08-16 12:26 pm   Permalink

Wow, that's great. My girlfriend & I will be in town on the 21st & would love to come over & check out the foggy grotto, if that's ok. Should we bring anything?
Omar

View Profile of drphonic Send a personal message to drphonic      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-16 12:50 pm   Permalink

Hey, Martin! Would love to try to make it. Our flight back from Kauai lands at 9:15 that night! I'm guessing we'll have to wait and see how we feel, though I can't imagine a more fitting end to an Island trip.

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2002-08-23 3:24 pm   Permalink

Unfortunately, I can't make it because I'll be in Portland that weekend. I couldn't go to Portland the week after because of Teaseorama and I have other engagements the week before.

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-27 1:47 pm   Permalink

Hmm...Geary Blvd, eh? Well that is not much of a trek for me. Going to Boston right after this, hence my Tiki mug auction (need the travel cash!), but I will do my best to get to this event.

I will peruse the "events" section now...seing my inattention to this section made caused me to miss the BBTD event.

An "auction" too..ohh, sounds pretty good!

midnite

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kah706
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2002-09-12 3:52 pm   Permalink

Robert and I have just returned to SF from our year of exile in northern Europe. We embraced all things Tiki during the cold Dutch winter and tropical cocktails (and central heating) were the only things that sustained us. We don't know anyone in your group other than Otto, but we would love to attend your party and meet everyone, if you'll have us. We're hoping to reciprocate with a Halloween pre-Castro walk cocktail party. We'll keep you posted.

Cheers,
Kelly

View Profile of kah706 Send a personal message to kah706  Goto the website of kah706     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2002-09-16 5:36 pm   Permalink

OK, gang: the countdown is on! This Saturday, all of your dreams will come true as you're transported to an island paradise where scantily clad waiters/waitresses pour exotic tropical drinks down your throats. Marvel at the 30 foot tikis bellowing smoke and fire as a working volcano sends molten lava hundreds of feet in the air. The warm breezes of the Pacific will wash over you as special musical guest Martin Denny, flown in from Hawaii, entertains you with his band and their exotic birdcalls, broadcast in quadraphonic sound.

Or...it will just be me and the wife in or tiny little apartment in the Richmond District pouring drinks from our modest tiki bar. And nobody wants to see me scantily-clad. The breezes off the Pacific will likely be damp and bone-chilling, BUT Martin Denny will be...on the CD player.

We're really looking forward to everyone coming! For those of you who haven't replied yet, I hope you can make it. We're going to have a great time with good people and good drinks, and I think the little auction thing will be fun. If anyone has anything they'd like to auction off to fellow centralites, please bring it by- you can set the opening price, or even a reserve if you really want, and there is NO COMMISSION from your hosts.

As for food, we're suggesting that folks go out for dinner first, as we plan to serve only snacks and munchies. We'll be making rum balls, and probably putting out chips/nuts, so if anyone would like to bring anything else, that's great (Randy/Naomi: Those salmon stuffed tomatoes sure looked good. hint. hint. ) Otherwise, we always appreciate that stuff...made from sugar cane...in the carribean...about 80 proof...oh, what's it called? Or anything else.

Our neighborhood has loads of great restaurants, so why not come to our neck of the woods early and enjoy dinner out?

Clement street between Arguello and Park Presidio is full of great Chinese, Vietnamese, Thai, Burmese, and is an easy walk. We also like:

Thai Time on 8th Ave near Clement
Bella Italian (not Bella Pizza) at 3rd or 4th and Geary.
Nagano Sushi at Geary and Arguello
Brother's Korean Barbeque at 6th and Geary

A little futher out, (across from Trad'r Sam's in fact) are Khan Toke Thai house, which is incredibly decorated inside like a Thai Palace (so dark...it's almost Tiki) and Tommy's Mexican next door is pretty good as well, with great margaritas, but you'll get plenty of fresh lime juice at our place. Ask me for others if there's something else you're looking for.

Any other questions? Let me know....

Post here, or:

martincate@mindspring.com
H: 415-387-0145
C; 415-999-7929

See you there!

-martin

mig
Official Man-About-Town  

Posted: 2002-09-20 12:04 pm   Permalink

I do believe that miss Frenchy and I will be there!!! Although ixnay on the othersbray estaurantray... I did not have a pleasant experience there before.

LOCALS-- I'M CALLING YOU OUT!!! COME ON DOWN!!!

View Profile of mig Send a personal message to mig  Email mig Goto the website of mig     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2002-09-20 1:08 pm   Permalink

Right on Mig!

Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow!

For everyone who has not yet replied, fer god's sake, it's free drinks! Come on down!

-martin

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation