FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events !!!!!!!Bay Are Home Bar Tour #3: September 21!!!!!!!!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
!!!!!!!Bay Are Home Bar Tour #3: September 21!!!!!!!!!
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2002-09-20 5:00 pm   Permalink

mrs smiley and I will try our best to be there!! (too much stuff going on that weekend for us)
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
weirduncletiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-23 4:27 pm   Permalink

Big thanks to the Martikis for a great party on Saturday! What a fine tiki social. The cocktails were A-#1, the mini-auction/swapmeet, was brilliant, the decor was fab, and all the folks were in the mood(Pictures of Mr. Smiley's special dance are forthcoming!). I'm glad I was in town in order to partake in the fun.

-Weird Uncle Tiki

View Profile of weirduncletiki Send a personal message to weirduncletiki  Email weirduncletiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbadtikidaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-24 1:01 pm   Permalink

I missed this gig!
The oldest(but MOST annoying) excuse in the book:
I ACTUALLY RAN OUT OF GAS!!!!
I ran my damn car dry while hunting all day in the San Mateo citywide garage sale & never even friggin noticed!
On 280 near woodside rd, no less....SEVERAL MILES from a phone!

Even after hiking miles down the hill to find a payphone, I realized I didnt have any $ on me for a phone call. I tried to call my buddy collect but he had a block on collect calls!
(what the hell? he must have a relative in jail?)
I had to "bum" some change from a reluctant/dubious bystander to make a call.
By the time I got a hold of my friend & he turned up with a gas can AND took me to my car to fill it up....AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!

It was well after midnite by the time I got home to find a note on my door, from Mig, telling me to "get your ass over to Martin's you punkass!".
I was really tired & annoyed at this point, but that note actually made me laugh my ass off, shedding a little humor on an otherwise shitty evening!
(I love ya mig! You're a good egg!)
Anyway, sorry I missed the fun.
~end of pathetic story~

View Profile of bigbadtikidaddy Send a personal message to bigbadtikidaddy  Email bigbadtikidaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2002-09-24 6:20 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2002-08-14 10:12, bigbadtikidaddy wrote:
barring any unforseen circumstances, I am there!

BBTD: Check out your original post! Pretty damn unforseen, eh? That's crappy! Very sorry to hear why you couldn't make it. We'll catch you next time.

Thanks to everyone who came for making it a great night. It did have this cocktail party meets bazaar quality with all of Bruce's clothes hanging in my hallway and Judd's necklaces for sale in the living room. The auction worked out well, with some little goodies trading hands at low low prices. Ebay be damned!

We've got to get some pictures online, so as soon as we're developed and scanned, you'll see them here. Bruce's Special Dance makes it all worthwhile.

Gotta give a shout out to: Mike, Bruce, Enid, Mig, Cathy, Heather, Craig, Randy, Naomi, Judd & Cindy (I am so going to see Vic in Oakland).

TikiMel, Rich, DrPhonic, Midnite, Robert, Kelly: You were all missed. Where were you guys?!

-martin

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-24 6:36 pm   Permalink

martiki6 wrote:
<<We've got to get some pictures online, so as soon as we're developed and scanned, you'll see them here. Bruce's Special Dance makes it all worthwhile.>>

I can e-mail my pictures from that evening to anyone willing to host them. I'll throw in a photo of Trader Vic's grave, too.

--cindy

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiHula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-24 11:44 pm   Permalink

Yes, it was an excellent party! Top notch drinks mixed by Martiki in the very impressive Foggy Grotto!! Mahalo to you both!I hope to have a few pics up Thursday night after I get my camera back...

Cindy, if you want me to host some pics just email them to me, my ISP is switching my web site and email over to a new server and hopefully they'll be done tomorrow sometime. Try emailing them and they should get through to me sooner or later.

View Profile of TikiHula Send a personal message to TikiHula  Email TikiHula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-25 09:57 am   Permalink

tikihula wrote:
<<Cindy, if you want me to host some pics just email them to me, my ISP is switching my web site and email over to a new server and hopefully they'll be done tomorrow sometime. Try emailing them and they should get through to me sooner or later.>>

OK, but you'll have to give me your e-mail address first.

--cindy

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-25 10:50 am   Permalink

Hay Martin, Gretchen and I really wanted to make it, and we would have if we weren't on the Airporter! I printed out directions and brought them along, not realizing that I would not be in my own car on the drive home from the airport. D'oh! Island paralysis strikes again!

Glad you all had fun and truly sorry we missed it.

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbadtikidaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-25 10:58 am   Permalink

>>BBTD: Check out your original post! Pretty damn unforseen, eh?<<

whoa....that is strange & oddly prophetic indeed!
on another odd note:
When I ran out of gas I was on my way home from a barbeque at a friends house. We both had fun hitting all the g-sales that day.
As I was leaving he gave me this extremely cool vintage tiki statue he found recently that I'd been coveting.
"for good luck" he says.
RIGHT ON!
(ironically) 5 minutes later I'm on the freeway outta gas with no wallet, no money, no cell phone (like I ever owned one) & pissed off as hell.
But I still had my 'lucky tiki'.
thus began the odessy that was my last post....

I dont know if that tiki is bad luck or not
but I named him Satan anyway.
Is there an exorcist in the house?

View Profile of bigbadtikidaddy Send a personal message to bigbadtikidaddy  Email bigbadtikidaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-25 2:40 pm   Permalink

On 2002-08-14 10:12, bigbadtikidaddy wrote:
barring any unforseen circumstances, I am there!

And my excuse is pretty lame, but not totally unforeseen. Hal 9000 got me again, crashing on friday evening, go it to work again sunday afternoon. Without my emails I had very little idea where the party was, and calling up 411 and asking for "martiki" was not in the cards.

DOH!!!

I was looking forward to meeting a bunch of you, and the little auction. It was a frustrating weekend.

Barnacles!!!

midnite

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2002-09-26 10:13 am   Permalink

BBTD: Man, that statue sounds a hell of a lot like the one that pestered those Brady kids. Have you seen any spiders, anything fall off a wall? For god's sake, don't surf! When you look at it, can you a faint and ominous musical "Doodlie-Doo!" in the background? Get that thing back to Vincent Price ASAP!

Midnite: Sorry you missed the shindig! HAL sounds like evil as well. You probably shouldn't surf either.

If I hadn't seen you in the flesh, I'd be suspecting that you were in the evil mountain lair with Hanford!

-martin

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-26 10:32 am   Permalink

Hiya Martin,
Yep..still fuming about this lousy two year old, $2k pc, that has a bug somewhere which causes me much frustration. Kept thinking I could get it booted up before the party, but Noooooo! Should have just went downtown to my office and got your address there.

I even had a mug or two ready to go for the auction.

Crap.

I'd have a reciprocal party here to make up for my absence, but I would have to limit it to 3 guests. beynd that...people are standing in the hallway.

midnite

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki King
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-26 4:46 pm   Permalink

We are very sorry to have missed it, but sometimes the princess dictates our journeys.. Hopefully the next one!

View Profile of Tiki King Send a personal message to Tiki King  Email Tiki King Goto the website of Tiki King     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiHula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-26 9:34 pm   Permalink

Here's a few pics from the party. There were a few group pics taken, but not with my camera, so someone please post one when you get your film back!

Martin & Rebecca's Foggy Grotto...with a lot more light than usual

The host of the party modeling the latest in awesome aloha shirts!

MrSmiley doing his "special dance"

The Tiki Volcano Bowl a-fire -excellent Scorpion libation!

Mahalo again!

www.tikiroom.net

[ This Message was edited by: TikiHula on 2002-09-26 21:35 ]

View Profile of TikiHula Send a personal message to TikiHula  Email TikiHula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquarj
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2002-10-09 12:58 am   Permalink

Running with the usual 2-3 week lag time, here are some photos from Martin and Rebecca's place! Sorry about the occasional blur - "natural" light is always nicer than a flash.

Heather, Martin, Mig, Cathy, Enid, Bruce, Rebecca, Mike, Judd, Craig, Cindy, Randy

Naomi and I were enamored with this Seagrams light

The hosts

Thanks Martin and Rebecca!
-Randy

View Profile of aquarj Send a personal message to aquarj  Goto the website of aquarj     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation