[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Trader Vic's Kava Bowl
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Trader Vic's Kava Bowl
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-23 6:23 pm   Permalink

Hi,

I thought we'd never be able to make these! They either didn't make sense costwise or I couldn't produce a quantity my factory could live with. Well, they're here. I'm only selling them online as they're too expensive to sell to our retailers.

Some of you have tried to pre-book and we've been reluctant to give any info as it changed more or less weekly. Well, it's here. It's not on our website yet. I'm posting up availability here first on TC and then later this week through our opt-in email list. I've got 27 in stock and can only produce around 30-40 per month.

Item Nr: BA519
Price: $32.95 (ltd availability item; sorry no TC discount)

Comments: 7 5/8" in height and holds 54 oz. AND each piece is clearly marked with a 2003 Trader Vic's by Tiki Farm copyright on the base.

To order, call the Farm at (800) 357-3360.

Also, a big thanks to Mike Remmel for lending me his original so that we could do this piece justice!

Mahaloz!

http://www.tikifarm.com

[ This Message was edited by: smogbreather on 2004-02-23 23:12 ]

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Alnshely
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-23 6:51 pm   Permalink

I have received one of these fantastic bowls and I love it! Holden you have outdone yourself, this is just a terrific piece of Polynesian Pop at a great price. The quality is great and I recommend this piece to any mug collector. Good job Holden.
Mahalo,
Al

View Profile of Alnshely Send a personal message to Alnshely  Email Alnshely     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OnaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-23 8:35 pm   Permalink

Holden, we want one. How do we get it?

View Profile of OnaTiki Send a personal message to OnaTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-23 9:34 pm   Permalink

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!

KaaaaaaaaavvvvvvvvvvvAAAAAAAAAA

Boooowwwwwwwwlllllllll!!!!

(think Homer Simpson)

Dude! I'm not saying this cause I know you but that kicks some serious ass!!! Keep up the good work. See you next month. (due to our very full work schedules, providing the world with tiki (and Bamboo), we only get to hang out maybe once a month. Now on the other hand, can anyone tell me how I can get rid of Crazy Al!!! Just joking! Arrrrrrrrr! Life would not be the same without knowing C'Al! He keeps me sane!!! Bamboo bondage anyone??)

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-23 10:26 pm   Permalink

This is the one I've been waiting for - how do we go about getting them ASAP???

View Profile of johntiki Send a personal message to johntiki  Goto the website of johntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2004-02-24 09:24 am   Permalink

Here's TEPCO's prototype for reference.

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-02-24 1:13 pm   Permalink

Holden-

Would it be possible to post some more pictures that show the detail better? The picture you posted seems washed out in relation to the picture of the original that Bong posted. I can't tell if the people have faces or the proper anatomy, if you know what I mean

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-24 2:16 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-02-24 13:13, thejab wrote:
I can't tell if the people have faces or the proper anatomy, if you know what I mean.

No I'm sorry I don't, I prefer more detail.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-24 2:18 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-02-24 14:16, Unga Bunga wrote:
Quote:

On 2004-02-24 13:13, thejab wrote:
I can't tell if the people have faces or the proper anatomy, if you know what I mean.

No I'm sorry I don't, I prefer more detail.

wink, wink, nudge, nudge...

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiHula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-24 2:29 pm   Permalink

Great job on the Kava Bowls Holden! I'm glad that you will be able to sell them at such a reasonable price too! Everybody has got to get one of these! They're perfect for a tiki party 'cause they hold a LOT of drink! ...oh, I was supposed to share this drink??

And the detail is very good on the faces/bodies of Vic and his wahines. Better than on my original Tepco production bowl. The colors are a bit more subdued than Bongs prototype, as you can see in the photos. I'll post some closeup pics tonight so you can compare. Again, really well done TF!

View Profile of TikiHula Send a personal message to TikiHula  Email TikiHula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2004-02-24 6:37 pm   Permalink

I'm a-gettin' me one of these gems! These are going to be great to COLLECT. Yep, I sure do enjoy COLLECTING TIKI!

(moved)

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-24 6:57 pm   Permalink

Hi,
My camera is out of whack and my friend's only shoots 72 dpi and it's a tough piece to capture...I tried a lot of different angles. The painting style is intentionally washed as per the guidance of Peter Seely (Vic's grandson) to capture the style of the bowl in the 50's (there are different variations out there - but just a few). I contemplated putting the piece here under collecting tiki but opted for the main discussion area. I felt it to be more of a Hawaiiana piece then tiki as, well, there's no tikis on it... I also thought about creating tiki and then realized, it's a re-creation. Happy to have it here for everybody to see even if it's in a test subject or waddevah! Thanks for the good words... 54 oz... man, I can't wait to share a cocktail with my wahine - but it'll have to wait to the weekend as it's...umm... kinda giant!!
www.tikifarm.com

[ This Message was edited by: smogbreather on 2004-02-24 19:04 ]

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiHula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-25 9:13 pm   Permalink

Three closeup photos for ya'all. Nice work!

View Profile of TikiHula Send a personal message to TikiHula  Email TikiHula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OnaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-25 11:40 pm   Permalink

Yahoo!!! Our's arrived today. Thanks Holden!! Great job. Can't wait to fill it up and drink it down.

View Profile of OnaTiki Send a personal message to OnaTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Royale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-26 12:04 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the detail pics tiki hula. Looks beautiful, I just put in my order! I'm getting thirsty...
Aloha,

View Profile of Tiki Royale Send a personal message to Tiki Royale  Email Tiki Royale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation