[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Trader Vic's Kava Bowl
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Trader Vic's Kava Bowl
TikiHula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-26 5:39 pm   Permalink

Anyone wanna take bets on who's the first to sell one on ebay?
And it won't be me...

View Profile of TikiHula Send a personal message to TikiHula  Email TikiHula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MachTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-28 09:18 am   Permalink

Thanks to everyone for posting the pictures of the original & the 2003 version. Looks awsome. Soon as I read this discussion I went over to TF and bought one for myself. Thanks Holden for keeping the Aloha spirit alive.

MachTiki

View Profile of MachTiki Send a personal message to MachTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Royale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-02 8:34 pm   Permalink

I just got home and found my new Kava Bowl waiting for me... WOW!
It's Beee-you-teee-fuuul! And much larger than I expected.
Holden, you've really raised the bar with this piece.
Mahalo Nui Loa!

View Profile of Tiki Royale Send a personal message to Tiki Royale  Email Tiki Royale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traitor Vic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-02 11:58 pm   Permalink

I agree totally, Tiki Royale! I got home today and found mine on the front porch in a WATERPROOF PACKAGE!!! WOW!!! Okay... It was a box in a Plastic Bag, but Who Does That!?!

It's LOVELY! My wife, ever the forward thinker, asked immediately "What do we get to drink out of that?" I showed her the recipe and she helped me to decide to wait until Friday Night. Expect glowing reports on how well the new Bowls handle the classic cocktail on Saturday. Okay. Sunday, maybe.

[ This Message was edited by: Traitor Vic on 2004-03-02 23:59 ]

View Profile of Traitor Vic Send a personal message to Traitor Vic  Email Traitor Vic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MachTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-03 07:37 am   Permalink

Ordered mine on Saturday, It was waiting for me on my door step on Tuesday! I love it.

My wife watched me open the box and as soon as I held it up she said, "thanks for my new mug" and ran off with it. It is proudly displayed in our living room like the fine piece of art it is. That is, it's diaplayed until Sunday when it takes it's maiden voyage. Can't wait.

MachTiki

View Profile of MachTiki Send a personal message to MachTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Royale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-03 11:30 am   Permalink

Tratior Vic, your post got me thinking... What is the proper drink for the Kava Bowl?
I don't know that Trader Vic's served traditional polynesian Kava, so what's everyone drinking now?
What's the recipe you referred to Vic?
Aloha,

View Profile of Tiki Royale Send a personal message to Tiki Royale  Email Tiki Royale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiHula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-11 5:45 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-02-26 17:39, TikiHula wrote:
Anyone wanna take bets on who's the first to sell one on ebay?
And it won't be me...

And Astro-lounge is the first!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3902355475&category=35801

View Profile of TikiHula Send a personal message to TikiHula  Email TikiHula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-10 10:59 am   Permalink

Alooooooha!

Ok, so you see what the Kava Bowl looks like and maybe you forgot about the fact that we were making these, or just thought you would have to wait too long to get one. Well, let me tell you that I do have a shipment of these in and I have reserved some for fellow TC'ers.

Retail price: $XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Mahalo!

Oh, and here is a picture of the Kava Bowl since our website is yet to be updated. (No the "Click Here" doesn't work, it's just to show the picture.)

[ This Message was edited by: SugarCaddyDaddy 2005-11-29 00:38 ]

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-10 2:18 pm   Permalink

Hey SCD!
How's the new job treatin ya?

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-11 12:40 pm   Permalink

I called yesterday and placed my order - thanks SCD! I've always wanted an original but the reproduction will do me just fine!

View Profile of johntiki Send a personal message to johntiki  Goto the website of johntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WillTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-08-11 2:38 pm   Permalink

I too called yesterday and placed my order for a Kava Bowl...and about 8 other items. Thanks again!

View Profile of WillTiki Send a personal message to WillTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiHula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-16 09:42 am   Permalink

From the Vic's Bartender's Guide, the Kava Bowl recipe is:

2 oz. Unsweetened pineapple juice
4 oz. Lemon juice
1 oz. Grenadine
1 oz. Orgeat syrup
1 oz. Siegert's Bouquet rum
6 oz. Light Puerto Rican rum
3 scoops shaved ice
1 fresh gardenia

Blend all ingredients execpt gardenia in electric drink blender. Pour into large scorpion bowl. Decorate with gardenia. Serve with long straws.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation