FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Official Announcement of Hukilau 2004
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Official Announcement of Hukilau 2004
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-26 09:43 am   Permalink

Driving from Wisconsin... me, a cargo van, and a lot of tikis to keep me company...

Tell my sore arms and shoulders that they only have to carve 12 hours a day for another few weeks!

The first few drinks should deaden the pain though!

[ This Message was edited by: Lake Surfer on 2004-08-26 09:44 ]

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-26 11:44 am   Permalink

You'll be much cheered by the ohana I am sure Lake Surfer.

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-26 12:13 pm   Permalink

Yarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

After 14 hours of travelling we'll be there at 8pm on Wednesday!!

Great Minds Drink Alike

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-27 4:36 pm   Permalink

I'll be there Thursday Afternoon. I am looking forward to meeting everyone.
Only 27 more Dayz!!!
Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-27 6:58 pm   Permalink

Polynesian Proud in conjunction with Hukilau is offering fresh flower leis for our guests. You can pre-order HERE. Supplies are limited, so order now! I'll take 5...for me...

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
poi polloi
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-08-29 12:29 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-08-12 01:48, monkeyskull wrote:
(I can't help humming the Hukilau song repeatedly at work.)

Humming's one thing; sporting the coconut brassiere--even on "casual Friday"--is a bit of a stretch, though, don't you think? I'm in for Hukilau, too. By then, I figure to have flushed the final vestiges of monkeyskull's Int'l Tiki Day voodoo punch from my system.

View Profile of poi polloi Send a personal message to poi polloi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-08-30 3:56 pm   Permalink

I highly recommend those on the East Coast who may be driving down for Hukilau to make the side trip to Hale Tiki in Augusta and see what BK, Bamboo Ben, Crazy Al, Brad, me and a bunch of TC ohana put together.

Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-07 2:55 pm   Permalink

A liitle update here because I am excited. I just got the last rooming list update from the Bahia Mar before Hukilau. Last year at the Holiday Inn, we had 80 rooms booked Friday night, but we counted more like 97. Right now, with 2 weeks yet to go, we have about 140 rooms booked for Friday. Over 100 for Thursday! We have more than doubled the total nights Hukilau people are staying and we may well double the attendance for the whole event. Awesome! I'm as giddy as a school girl!

Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-07 3:12 pm   Permalink

WOO HOO!
Congratulations Swanky, with all the hard work you and Kiliki have put into this event, you two deserve the biggest party ever!

I am SO excited about this, only 15 more sleeps!

Great Minds Drink Alike

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai Matty
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-07 7:38 pm   Permalink

any more info on the bbq at the meet and greet . I got an email saying there wasn't enough people. All we needed was 15 right? come on folks I have 4 people including myself we need 11 more !! please I LIKE TO EAT . I'm sad cause I can't go on the cruise let's get 11 more people . Not everybody is going on the cruise are they??

View Profile of Mai Tai Matty Send a personal message to Mai Tai Matty      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-07 10:35 pm   Permalink

Aloha Mai Tai,

We were down there last May. If the Cabana has the same cooks(the Rastas), you will be stoked with or without a group. The grinds were da kine!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
shakatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-07 10:43 pm   Permalink

Me and Tone Bone are in like shagrin! We'll be there with beers on! (or is it bells?) Can't wait to experience a real Florida Hurricane (in a glass that is!) Mahalos, Wes...
Hey Ben!

View Profile of shakatiki Send a personal message to shakatiki  Email shakatiki Goto the website of shakatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-08 10:46 am   Permalink

We have only 5 for the BBQ so far. Seems like everyone is on the cruise. I dunno. We have maybe a week for it to happen.

I dream of tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-09 09:53 am   Permalink

Alright, alright. You've got me in for the bbq. The reviews on the food helped.
9 more joiners to go.

[ This Message was edited by: I dream of tiki on 2004-09-12 09:50 ]

View Profile of I dream of tiki Send a personal message to I dream of tiki  Email I dream of tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-14 11:02 am   Permalink

Ivan is moving through and should clear Atlanta this weekend, but the NFL has hit Fort Lauderdale!

The Bahia Mar is now full. If you find space at another hotel in the area, please post the info here and on the Hukilau forums, or email us.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation