Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki SHAG prints
SHAG prints
tikiapprentice
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-02-23 8:09 pm   Permalink

Is there a site where I can find out how much a print cost when initially released? Someone please help me!!
thanks,
the apprentice

View Profile of tikiapprentice Send a personal message to tikiapprentice      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McDougall
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-23 9:30 pm   Permalink

Check old issues of "Tiki News" , "Juxtopoz" and " Barracuda" among others for the SHAG ads. Seems to me his prints sell by area size now about 2-3 times the price from a few years back.

View Profile of McDougall Send a personal message to McDougall  Email McDougall Goto the website of McDougall     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomicchick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-24 12:37 am   Permalink

I bought the print "The Minotaur, Steadfast, and the Persistant Pursues the sister of Perseus" about four years ago. I paid $80 for it and thought it was kind of high, but I really liked it so I bought it. I guess it was a good investment because I have seen two on ebay before with higher numbers than mine (# 43) that have went for over $1000. Who wants to trade some rare mugs for it???

View Profile of Atomicchick Send a personal message to Atomicchick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation