FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » Other Events » » C'AL's tiki trip to NYC
C'AL's tiki trip to NYC
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-23 11:27 pm   Permalink

Can’t believe I had to go all the way to NY to find another pair of coconuts!

Talk about the city that never sleeps....
I think I slept about 48 hrs straight since I got back.

well, better late then never... here is the tiki-round up of the trip to NY....

Monday Night: Finally reunited with the Fisherman and my tikis #53&54 at Otto‘s Shrunken Head!! Thanks Inky! for posting the great pics.
Steve Pang has done a fantastic job putting finishing touches to the joint. It looks great!! And what a host, not to mention giving every Monday night to the Fantastic Fisherman’s Vibraphonic Trio!! Eric, from my band Ape, was in town again and sat in with his steel guitar! The guys let me sing a song or two to a full house and enjoy their music coming right out of #53&54!!

Steve had me carve them for speaker cabinets! They Rock!
And he put them atop posts carved by the Almighty Leroy of Oceanic Arts... Cool man!

Thursday Night: Another reunion! Great to see tiki #45 “Hang Good&Plenty” again. My first time seeing Waikiki Wally’s... and there was #45 behind the bar over seeing the drink allotments.... I designed him to hold a coconut or assorted fruits in his hands, but that night he held a tiki mug! Nice!

Thanks to my TC host for the week, the beautiful Miss. Inky Louise! Hula dances and Beer slamming!
Here we are at the 150-year-old McSorley’s with Ron Peters, the designer/manufacturer of the Burning Tiki Antenna Topper!

Ron is the reason for the trip to NYC. He had a booth at the world famous Toy Fair Convention. Seeing as a large part of my income is sculpting toys, I volunteered to work his booth with him and work the crowd....

He has new designs for putting his little bastards on Bike handlebars and bodies for dashboard ornaments.

order them up at
http://www.burncousa.com/

Tiki was not just at our booth!! Check it out!!! Barbie watch your ass!

Available from http://www.mulletheadtoys.com/

and I found this pair of unsigned tikis at a plush toy booth up stairs. One even had a C’AL bark turban/crown and a familiar face.

It was sunny and nice the whole week. A fitting end, A Bamboo Bar!! in the Jet Blue terminal saw Ron and I off to a cold and rainy California. The bar sported many “real” preserved palms and hand tied Black Bamboo lettering on the signage........

Tiki Times in NYC! Nice!

[ This Message was edited by: crazy al on 2004-02-24 00:36 ]

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-23 11:36 pm   Permalink

tied Black Bamboo
-------------------------
Bondage?

Have you gained weight bro?

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-24 12:26 pm   Permalink

Very cool, Crazy Al!

Glad you had a chance to visit your NYC Tikis and some members of the Big Apple Ohana in the "city that never sleeps." New York will never be the same!

Sleep well my friend.

Arty

View Profile of stentiki Send a personal message to stentiki  Email stentiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-24 3:15 pm   Permalink

Great post AL!
That last tiki pic toward the bottom of the looks like a Shecky.(?)

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Cocktail
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-24 5:03 pm   Permalink

Dang C'Al,

Wish I knew you was going to Toy Fair. I had considered going myself but decided against it last minute.

View Profile of Atomic Cocktail Send a personal message to Atomic Cocktail  Goto the website of Atomic Cocktail     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
inkylouise
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-02-24 7:35 pm   Permalink

AAARRRRRRRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

View Profile of inkylouise Send a personal message to inkylouise      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-24 11:24 pm   Permalink

i had enough trouble holding it together with out the Atomic Cocktail thrown in the works.....

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-25 10:11 am   Permalink

Yeah, great pics C'Al. I'll bet it was cold perching at the top of the Empire State Building this time of year!

www.samgambino.com

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-25 11:05 am   Permalink

it was in the 40's and sunny! for an old desert rat, beach livin type... it was still comfey

manic cat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-25 4:08 pm   Permalink

I'll glad that you like the mug which is in the hands of Waikiki wally's tiki. I gave that mug to them as a tiki offering!
great to meet you!
Manic Cat

View Profile of manic cat Send a personal message to manic cat  Email manic cat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation