FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events TIKI SWAP IN NYC- Monday, March 15 at Otto's
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
TIKI SWAP IN NYC- Monday, March 15 at Otto's
AlanSumac
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-02-24 11:13 am   Permalink

(SWAP, SHOW, SELL & MEET FELLOW TIKI COLLECTORS IN THE NYC AREA)

I confirmed with Steve (owner of Otto's Shrunken Head) that he could provide a table(s), to show our goods to sell, swap or just display.

Steve also confirmed that "Fisherman" will be back and performing that evening.

Please confirm with me on this posting if you are able to come on Monday, March 15th. The time is from 9:00 p.m. - 1:00 a.m. The address of Otto's Shrunken Head is 538 E. 14th St., (between Avenues A & B), NYC (212) 228-2240.

I look forward to meeting you there!

Wear your "Aloha" shirts....

Mahalo,

Alan Sumac

View Profile of AlanSumac Send a personal message to AlanSumac  Email AlanSumac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikidrummer
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-02-24 7:27 pm   Permalink

Hey Alan,

I'll absolutly be at Otto's on the ides of March... in fact, I'll be at Otto's every Monday for the rest of my life!! I look foward to meeting you and seeing all your tiki collectables. Hopefully we'll be able to get the rest of the New York area tiki-central contingent out as well. Maybe we can get someone to make some coconut shrimp. Hell, maybe I'll do it...

--tikidrummer
www.fishermansburlesque.com

View Profile of tikidrummer Send a personal message to tikidrummer  Goto the website of tikidrummer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
inkylouise
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-02-24 10:00 pm   Permalink

I am sure to attend, not much of a swapper though, oh wait...

I'll swap one Hula dance for a cocktail?

View Profile of inkylouise Send a personal message to inkylouise      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Cocktail
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-24 10:27 pm   Permalink

I've heard abbout you Tiki-swappers.

View Profile of Atomic Cocktail Send a personal message to Atomic Cocktail  Goto the website of Atomic Cocktail     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikidrummer
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-02-25 10:09 am   Permalink

Inky,

I'll gladly buy you a coctail if you hula dance for a number or two. We'll even play "Hula Blues." I'll even let you bum a cigarette off me!!

--tikidrummer
www.fishermansburlesque.com

View Profile of tikidrummer Send a personal message to tikidrummer  Goto the website of tikidrummer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
manic cat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-25 4:11 pm   Permalink

Hey Tiki drummer,
Can my tiki dance troupe dance Rock-A-Hula and a don Tiki song? (either along to a CD or better yet to you guys!)
I can send Fisherman a DVD of our dancin' if you provide a mailing address.
Manic C

View Profile of manic cat Send a personal message to manic cat  Email manic cat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikidrummer
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-02-25 6:49 pm   Permalink

Manic--

I'll have to consult the big fish when he gets back from vacation. It sounds like fun to me! I'd rather have us play the music than use the CD. But I'm not aloud to make these kinds of decisions without approval from the "Fisherman Council." I'll let you know when I've received approval. (I'm sure it'll be fine!)

--tikidrummer

manic cat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-26 1:18 pm   Permalink

Ohh-that would be great, TD.
we wouldn't be asking for anything--just a chance to polish our go-go-hula moves.
Steve's used us before at his private parties-so he can verify that we are a legitimate, in need of as much dance time as we can get, bunch.
MC

ps could I still send a DVD to a mailing address?

[ This Message was edited by: manic cat on 2004-02-26 13:28 ]

View Profile of manic cat Send a personal message to manic cat  Email manic cat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikidrummer
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-02-26 5:37 pm   Permalink

Hey Manic--

Check your personal messages. Right on...

--tikidrummer

tastysp
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-10 10:16 am   Permalink

hey all
just wanted to let everyone know that for mon. the 15th at Otto's Shrunken Head Fisherman will be joined by the amazing Mad Juana (they sing amazingly beautiful torch songs and lonesome gypsy ballads) and Devotchka (Slavic multi-instrumentalist compositions) from Phoenix
steve

View Profile of tastysp Send a personal message to tastysp  Email tastysp     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-10 10:53 am   Permalink

Devotcha is fantastic! They played with a burlesque tour last year, and -- no slight to the lovely ladies involved -- I thought they were the best thing about the show. As a matter of fact, I really should pull their cd out and listen to it more. Mondays at Otto's are already not-to-be-missed, but this makes it not-to-be-missed-er. Wish I could be there.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-11 06:02 am   Permalink

me & tiki emi will be there. i'll look to see if i have anything that i'm willing to swap.

manic cat - about what time will your tiki dance troupe perform?

see you monday,
chris

View Profile of Tiki Chris Send a personal message to Tiki Chris  Email Tiki Chris Goto the website of Tiki Chris     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
manic cat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-11 11:46 am   Permalink

Troupe du Jour will NOT be performing. But hopefuly we can arrange something for the future!

I will be there. I don't have alot to swap (my apartment is too tiny to house extras).
But it will be good to meet you Alan Sumac!

Manic Cat

Tiki Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-13 11:04 am   Permalink

sorry to say em & i can't make it. things came up that we just can't get out of. have fun/hope to see you soon.

aloha,
tc

View Profile of Tiki Chris Send a personal message to Tiki Chris  Email Tiki Chris Goto the website of Tiki Chris     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
manic cat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-26 5:07 pm   Permalink

hey Alan,
I never got to say thanks for bringing your stuff out! It was fun to gaze upon the beautiful Shag bracelet and your other tiki jewels. Nice to meet you!
stay in touch!
manic Cat

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation