FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events ikitnrev in San Diego - March 8-13
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
ikitnrev in San Diego - March 8-13
OnaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-08 10:58 pm   Permalink

We just spoke with Vern and the plan so far is Bali Hai on Wednesday night about 7:00-7:30ish.

Anybody else in? We'll keep count and make reservations.

View Profile of OnaTiki Send a personal message to OnaTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kctiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-09 05:30 am   Permalink

Onatiki, I can be there Wed. nite. My son is graduating from Marine Boot Camp on Friday so we're going to Bali Hai Friday after he can leave the base, but I'll be happy to go twice! What name will the reservations be under? It's so exiting to think of meeting some of you guys in the flesh.

View Profile of kctiki Send a personal message to kctiki  Email kctiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OnaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-09 10:52 am   Permalink

I'll put the reservations under Monica. Looking forward to meeting you. And congrats on your son graduating from boot camp. I'm sending you a PM with my number.

View Profile of OnaTiki Send a personal message to OnaTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kick_the_reverb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-09 2:52 pm   Permalink

We're most likely in.
Ran

View Profile of kick_the_reverb Send a personal message to kick_the_reverb  Email kick_the_reverb Goto the website of kick_the_reverb     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kctiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-09 3:19 pm   Permalink

Thanks Onatiki, I sent you a pm with my cell # as well. Unless my flight is delayed I'll be there between 7 & 7:30.

View Profile of kctiki Send a personal message to kctiki  Email kctiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Alnshely
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-09 3:51 pm   Permalink

Shelley and I are in.
Mahalo,
Al

View Profile of Alnshely Send a personal message to Alnshely  Email Alnshely     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-09 6:59 pm   Permalink

Hey...we're already there!

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OnaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-10 12:28 pm   Permalink

Glad to see such a great turn out for a "school night". I've made reservations for 10 @ 7:30 tonight. We can add more for anyone else that would like to join us.

[ This Message was edited by: OnaTiki on 2004-03-10 12:29 ]

tikichic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-10 5:47 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: tikichic on 2004-07-22 10:33 ]

View Profile of tikichic Send a personal message to tikichic      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kctiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-15 7:37 pm   Permalink

Just want to say how much I enjoyed meeting ikitnrev & everyone else at the Bali Hai last Wednesday. Southern California really is all it's cracked up to be. Even the Marine training base is picturesque! The warm welcome & grand tour from the gracious San Diego tiki folks was the crowning touch.

My son joined me at the Half Moon Inn on Friday. He loved the place and said it is really fat(?)

kctiki & Private Bub at the Half Moon Inn

Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-16 2:13 pm   Permalink

Hey Everyone, that was funny running into all you at Bali Hai. I had not seen this post until I got back home. Nice crossing paths with ya. Next time I hope I have more time to make plans.

Chongolio

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ikitnrev
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-20 11:46 pm   Permalink

Thanks to everyone who showed up at the Bali Hai when I was in town 2 weeks ago - I had a great time meeting all of you, and hopefully I will be able to make a return visit, and visit those home tiki bars I missed this time around.

Here are a few of my favorite pictures from our Wednesday dinner.

Closeup of the Bali Hai Carving

Bali Hai Mug displayed in the Bali Hai Carving Earring

I was taking some pictures of some carvings, so I set my Bali Hai mug down. Shipwreck Joey was walking through, struck this pose (he did not see my mug there) and the result is this pic, which shows what a Bali Hai codpiece might look like if such a thing existed

Bali Hai Patrons(L to R) Dale, Kick_the_Reverb, ModMana, Ric, OnaTiki, Sally, Shipwreck_Joey, Shelley, Al, KCTiki

I finally made it to the Bali Hai!!! (taken after a few drinks)

Vern

View Profile of ikitnrev Send a personal message to ikitnrev  Email ikitnrev     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-21 1:43 pm   Permalink

ARRRR...when I'm fulla Bali Hai rum & oyster beef I'm likely to do anything for a laugh! Nice pics Vern. I think you perfectly captured the spirit of the evening. We'll have to do this again sometime.

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ModMana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-21 4:53 pm   Permalink

Vern and KCTiki,

I hope you enjoyed your SoCal trip. Nice meeting you and sharing a cocktail! It was a fun evening. Let us know whenever you're in town and we'll do it again. Of course, as always it was great to see much of the San Diego TC crew again.

ModMana

View Profile of ModMana Send a personal message to ModMana  Email ModMana     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation