FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Skull Mugs and what to look out for..
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Skull Mugs and what to look out for..
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-03 02:14 am   Permalink

There are also two unique ones worth mentioning:

The Tiki Tiki Japan skull mug (Tikifish posted it), and

The Trader Vic's/Polynesio Havana skull mug.

Never seen that design anywhere else. (It has no signature, but it's from there, they sent one to me as exchange for the BoT.)Sorry, have no pic.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hot Lava
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-10-06 07:12 am   Permalink

I found something kind of interesting about the Trader Vic's Skull Mugs, but I'm not sure if it's just interesting to me, or an actual "whoa, we didn't know that" find.

A few weeks ago I went up to Minnesota to visit my girlfriend's mother. Her mom has relatives (now passed) who worked at the Red Wing Pottery company, which is nearby. I was thumbing though a book she had on the pottery, and came across this:

Right next to it on the page is a Trader Vic's Cocoanut Mug, so is there a Red Wing/TEPCO connection, or did they both produce them?

[ This Message was edited by: Hot Lava 2005-10-06 07:13 ]

View Profile of Hot Lava Send a personal message to Hot Lava  Email Hot Lava     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Potato.
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-10 1:24 pm   Permalink

I don't know whether this belongs here or in the Drinks section, but... what, other than the Black Stripe, are the skull mugs used for? I have two of 'em and I haven't the foggiest what's supposed to go in them.

View Profile of Potato. Send a personal message to Potato.  Goto the website of Potato.     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TropicDrinkBoy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-12 6:01 pm   Permalink

Although I haven't ordered it I believe the Hot Buttered Rum is served in the skull mug.

View Profile of TropicDrinkBoy Send a personal message to TropicDrinkBoy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation