FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Tiki Carving » » Head Hunter, Volcano Bowl, Wahine, and The Swinger
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Head Hunter, Volcano Bowl, Wahine, and The Swinger
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-27 09:54 am   Permalink

Here are some new pieces for a series I'm working on. Feedback is appreciated. Thanks.

http://www.NiceFishy.com

[ This Message was edited by: nice fishy on 2004-02-29 16:31 ]

[ This Message was edited by: nice fishy on 2004-03-02 16:58 ]

[ This Message was edited by: nice fishy on 2004-03-11 21:00 ]

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-27 10:03 am   Permalink

Hey, is that our very own Martiki in the second image with the Fez? Looks just like him.

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-27 4:57 pm   Permalink

Legal disclaimer: Any resemblance to people living, dead, or otherwise zombified is unintensional and/or pure coincidence.

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-27 7:28 pm   Permalink

Who ever he is, he's one lucky Joe to be sharing the Mystery drink with the cutie.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-02 4:55 pm   Permalink

3rd in the series.

[ This Message was edited by: nice fishy on 2004-03-02 16:58 ]

Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-05 08:25 am   Permalink

I love the enthusiasm of that hula girl!

www.samgambino.com

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-05 09:01 am   Permalink

bone daddy.

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-11 8:59 pm   Permalink

"The Swinger" completes the series, at least for now.

[ This Message was edited by: nice fishy on 2004-03-11 20:59 ]

Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-03-11 9:50 pm   Permalink

Wow...You're on a creative roll! Carving, painting...Man, there's no stopping you!
I love the comic style, you make it seem like the images are really moving and we caught them on one frame out of a series. Very cool work!

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-12 8:43 pm   Permalink

Quote:
I love the comic style, you make it seem like the images are really moving and we caught them on one frame out of a series.

Polynesiac, you described this style better than I could. I'm going to use it on my site. Thanks.

motiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-03-14 6:58 pm   Permalink

I like them all, but I must admit " bone drummer is my favorite".

View Profile of motiki Send a personal message to motiki  Goto the website of motiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-08 4:12 pm   Permalink

I have received a few emails from TCers asking what I plan to do with these images. I wasn't sure at first, but have decided to paint them on canvas in series of 25 each. Each of the 25 will be an actual painting and numbered in sequence.

I don't recall seeing a painting offered as 25 originals before, but this may be a case of thinking outside the box.

What do you guys think?

Monkeyman, I will be in touch for more frames.

ToonToonz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-08 5:05 pm   Permalink

Don´t know if you would call each of the 25 "originals"...maybe "reproductions" or "original reproductions" is a better term, since the first one made is the original, all others are copies or reproductions of the original.

Usually when one thinks of owning an original painting, the thought is that there is only one like it in the entire world.

View Profile of ToonToonz Send a personal message to ToonToonz  Goto the website of ToonToonz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kanaka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-08 5:51 pm   Permalink

Nice work. I really love the Volcano and Wahine. I'd be interested in prints....

Kanaka

View Profile of Kanaka Send a personal message to Kanaka  Email Kanaka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-10 1:51 pm   Permalink

ToonToonz,
Yeah, this would be something new, not quite as valuable as a one-of-a-kind, yet certainly better than a print (canvas or paper). Is there a market? I'll let you know.

Kanaka,
I will be painting 25 copies of each design on canvas. I'll figure out a fair price after I've painted one or two. I'll keep you posted.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation