Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki Fish Heads, Rolly Polly Fish Heads
Fish Heads, Rolly Polly Fish Heads
Feelin' Zombified
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-27 10:28 am   Permalink

I was watching VH-1 Classic last night and caught this wonderful piece of visual art that I hadn't seen in 15 or 20 years. "FishHeads" by Barnes & Barnes. The cool thing that I never noticed before was the recurring FEZ theme throughout the whole video!

Ah, how I miss MTV's golden age.

-Z

Thank God The Tiki Bar Is Open
Thank God The Tiki Torch Still Shines...

View Profile of Feelin' Zombified Send a personal message to Feelin' Zombified  Email Feelin' Zombified     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2004-02-27 11:23 am   Permalink

As everyone here probably knows, one half of Barnes & Barnes was Bill Mumy, who as a young man played Will Robinson on TV. As in "Danger, Will Robinson!"

I love VH1 Classic so much. I was home sick yesterday, and I gave it a good two hours of my day. It's easy to get sucked in. Saw the video for Twilight Zone by Golden Earring! Woohoo! Netherlands Rock 4 Ever!

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-27 11:26 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-02-27 11:23, martiki wrote:
As everyone here probably knows, one half of Barnes & Barnes was Bill Mumy, who as a young man played Will Robinson on TV. As in "Danger, Will Robinson!"

I love VH1 Classic so much. I was home sick yesterday, and I gave it a good two hours of my day. It's easy to get sucked in. Saw the video for Twilight Zone by Golden Earring! Woohoo! Netherlands Rock 4 Ever!

oddly i ws thinking abour bill mumy yesterday, for no reason whatsoever.

*brain warped by 70's television...*

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-27 11:39 am   Permalink

Mumy still shows up as a guest at lots of comic conventions.

Have you heard the rest of the Barnes and Barnes material? It is some seriosly weird s**t.

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2004-02-27 12:00 pm   Permalink

That doesn't surprise me since he was also in the cast of Babylon 5.

This thread is diving deeply into geekdom.
Mayday! Mayday! Pull up!

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-27 12:31 pm   Permalink

hey i got the latest weird al album and listened to it at the dr. who convention, then we had a LAN party playing counter strike with some guys from an anime festival...

just kiddin

check out
http://smurgen.kj-soft.com/rick/pub/1077200195573-geekhierarchy.gif for the geek hierarchy tho... j$

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-27 12:43 pm   Permalink

Mummy was definately Geek Material.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
naugatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-27 12:59 pm   Permalink

You are all being sent to the Cornfield.

View Profile of naugatiki Send a personal message to naugatiki  Email naugatiki Goto the website of naugatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-27 2:53 pm   Permalink

I laughed my ass off the first time I saw that video. I think It was on USA's Nite Flight (a truly warped show that aired at midnite saturday in the mid 80's). Also have the song on one of the Dr. Demento compilation albums.

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-28 11:44 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-02-27 14:53, Shipwreckjoey wrote:
I laughed my ass off the first time I saw that video. I think It was on USA's Nite Flight (a truly warped show that aired at midnite saturday in the mid 80's). Also have the song on one of the Dr. Demento compilation albums.

Nite Flight rocked!!!

tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-29 12:45 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-02-27 14:53, Shipwreckjoey wrote:
USA's Nite Flight

Night flight ruled my teen years.

Everything cool was there: from 1950s atomica to obscure new wave bands to truly warped movies.
See www.tydirium.net for Tiki Road Trip, global travelogues, and more!

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikijackalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-29 05:40 am   Permalink

I fell in love with British prog rocker Kate Bush on Night Flight...*sigh*

View Profile of tikijackalope Send a personal message to tikijackalope  Email tikijackalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unkle John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-02-29 4:57 pm   Permalink

...Roly poly fish heads are never seen drinking cappuccino
In Italian restaurants with oriental women... yeah

View Profile of Unkle John Send a personal message to Unkle John  Email Unkle John Goto the website of Unkle John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JonPez
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-03-03 06:41 am   Permalink

Yes, Billy Mumy was one of the members of Barnes & Barnes, but he is also a huge collector of vintage PEZ dispensers, which explains the PEZ references in many of his works.
Somewhere I have a picture of Billy Mumy, Weird Al and an old girlfriend of mine standing in front of his collection, which actually got me started collecting them 18 years ago.
Ok, here is a test. Anybody know the relation between Fish Heads (the video) and Aliens (the movie)?

View Profile of JonPez Send a personal message to JonPez  Goto the website of JonPez     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Frenchy Polynesia
Deleted

Posted: 2004-03-03 07:52 am   Permalink

And going off on another Night Flight tangent... does anybody remember watching the Firesign Theatre movie (co-produced by Elephant Parts' Nichael Nesmith), 'The Case of the Missing Yolk'? My parents and I STILL do little in-jokes from that....

"Dear, take some toilet paper with you - I just washed it!"

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation