FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki Turntables!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Turntables!!
SwingingTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-03-04 11:40 am   Permalink

That was on my list right after getting the motor to turn the belt again. Although, it's not been used too much, the sound is nice and rich. I'm still going to get a replacement though, just as a standby. Can't ever hurt.

[ This Message was edited by: SwingingTiki on 2004-03-04 11:41 ]

View Profile of SwingingTiki Send a personal message to SwingingTiki  Email SwingingTiki ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-03-04 12:47 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-03-04 01:36, chase_317 wrote:
Best new turntables for the money HANDS DOWN:
http://turntablelab.com/turntables/numark/numark-tt200.html

Even better, but if your just listening, maybe overkill:
http://turntablelab.com/turntables/numark/numark-ttx1.html

I have a set of the bottom ones for DJing.

The TTX is better than the old Dual (model 1219) I own in specs, but the TT200 is inferior (wow and flutter - lower numbers are better: TT200 0.2% vs. TTX 0.03% vs. Dual 1219 0.06%; rumble - higher numbers are better: TT200 -40dB/-50dB vs. TTX -58dB/-79dB vs. 1219 -45dB/-60dB). For comparison the Technics SL 1200 MK2 is a respectable 0.01% wow and flutter and -78dB rumble.

You get what you pay for in a new turntable, but for home use (not DJing) the vintage Duals can't be beat for the money.

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-04 12:54 pm   Permalink

If you're interested in getting a basic turntable just to record records I believe the big name electronic stores still sell a base model Sony turntable for like $89.00...I got one a couple years ago with the express purpose of recording things on the computer and it's been working fine! As for a pre-amp I use my Peavey mixer but any amp would work just as well...

View Profile of johntiki Send a personal message to johntiki  Goto the website of johntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mganga
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-03-04 1:10 pm   Permalink

I second the nomination for a turntable with a built-in pre-amp. There are many inexpensive options out there, from Sony, Numark, and Vestax among others, ranging from about $100-$250. I need one of these myself!

View Profile of Mganga Send a personal message to Mganga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SwingingTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-03-04 8:02 pm   Permalink

I've heard of the Numark and Vestax models, but I didn't know they had preamps in them. I'm just looking for home use right now, but when I get my bar built (by the gods someday) I will want something with a bit more punch. Does Best Buy or anyone sell the Vestax or Numark models that anyone knows? I've seen the Sony's and they're running around 129.99, way too steep for my wallet at the moment.

[ This Message was edited by: SwingingTiki on 2004-03-04 20:03 ]

View Profile of SwingingTiki Send a personal message to SwingingTiki  Email SwingingTiki ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traderpup
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-04 8:19 pm   Permalink

Check out the pawn shops! Great place to get bargain electronics! I've gotten plenty of stuff thru pawn at really good deals... and only buy from a shop that will either let you demo in store, or offer a return policy.

View Profile of Traderpup Send a personal message to Traderpup  Email Traderpup Goto the website of Traderpup     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation