FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Un-event: Oooh noooooo! Tiki Ti still closed (sob, sob, sniff)
Un-event: Oooh noooooo! Tiki Ti still closed (sob, sob, sniff)
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-03 5:12 pm   Permalink

This from their website. Apparently the whole concrete floor had to be ripped out and the pipes redone....Wadda we gonna DO !?:

Tiki-Ti Alert!
The Tiki-Ti will be closed
for repairs until further notice.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Please enjoy the website.
UPDATE: The Tiki will be closed
for at least another 2 weeks.
Posted March 2nd 2004

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-03 7:51 pm   Permalink

I hope they didn't disturb anything else!

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-03 8:55 pm   Permalink

I hope their insurance didn't require them to waive water intrusion claims as a basis for renewal of the policy.

Maybe they can skip the concrete and just use sand and keep the door open (mold prevention) for the alfresco feeling.

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mrs. B
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-04 12:21 am   Permalink

I hope their insurance didn't require them to waive water intrusion claims as a basis for renewal of the policy.

Me too. I hope they thought of that.

View Profile of Mrs. B Send a personal message to Mrs. B      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-08 8:20 pm   Permalink

The latest per the Tiki-Ti website:

Quote:
UPDATE:

Most of the repairs are completed.

The Tiki will be closed

for at least another

2 weeks as of March 8th.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-08 9:40 pm   Permalink

Arrrrgh! What's takin' so long if it's all fixed....
I hope they put everything back JUST as it was, and don't get any fancy redecoratin' ideas

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-09 12:56 am   Permalink

Aw, I'm sure they know better than to redecorate... I'm sure it'll take some time to clean up after all these repairs, lots of concrete dust in the air that's settled all over... it's probably going to be two straight weeks of swiffering.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-09 09:15 am   Permalink

Quote:

bigbrotiki wrote:
Arrrrgh! What's takin' so long if it's all fixed....

I'm sure that having all the concrete dug up made quite a mess, and Mike & Mike are probably very picky as to how it is cleaned up. The Los Angeles Health Department's website shows that Tiki-Ti has the highest grading that they can give (100 points!). Maintaining that status should be no surprise considering the high quality of service and high quality of drinks that they make.

In addition, they have probably taken this opportunity to add their "vacation time" with the temporary closing. Their next vacation closure would be coming up soon anyway (last year they took their vacations in April, July, November & Christmas), so it's possible that they didn't want to close for repairs, and then close again shortly after for vacation.

Just my 2 coconuts worth.

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation