FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving New mug by Flounder
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
New mug by Flounder
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-03 8:28 pm   Permalink

Hi,
I listened to a lot of you and I'm glad to say that we're working on a new design with our friend Flounder (www.flounderart.com). He's come up with a great design which is shown below...

I then tweaked the design's dimensions just a bit to make it a good, friendly tiki mug size and did a bit of colorization and this is the result...

Now Flounder and I originally discussed this as a January 2005 launch as we've got A LOT of other mugs in the works but I'm pushing this one up... it'll be out likely in mid-Summer.

This one's already been named (don't worry though, we've still got a lotta namin' to do!). I think the name's a pretty good combination of the oriental aesthetic and the flames. We proudly bring you...

"Flame Man Chu" by Flounder.

If you want to pre-book now and won't call us 39 times to check on the status (it'll be out mid-Summer!), then please feel free to call us at (800) 357-3360 and specify the following:

Item Nr. BA078
Item Name: FLAME MAN CHU
Price: $10.95/each

Mahaloz!
Holden

[ This Message was edited by: smogbreather on 2004-03-03 20:36 ]

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-03 8:47 pm   Permalink

Hey that's nice guys. I will have to reserve one just as I have Geckos & BK's (hale tiki).
Since they have all become so successful with their works, it's the only way I will be able to afford any of their artwork. This is very nice getting to see our TC artists creations being released in mug form!!!
Kudos to Holden for making it happen.

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomicchick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-03 10:25 pm   Permalink

Super duper spectacular! I dig the mug...gots to get me one of those babys!

View Profile of Atomicchick Send a personal message to Atomicchick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-03 10:47 pm   Permalink

Cool, he can bring these puppies to Hukilau!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-03 11:17 pm   Permalink

VERY COOL! (Flames never go out of style for me).

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-03 11:18 pm   Permalink

I'll take 3. One for me. One for an important guest. One for Flouder if he ever shows up at the Lagoon because I'm terribly afraid of him.

It's pure terror.
Someone help me.

I'll still take three.
Just in case no one helps.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-03 11:20 pm   Permalink

By the way.... that's a lively design.
Lot's of character.

Great vibe.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikijackalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-04 02:07 am   Permalink

Something tiki wicked this way comes. I love it! The Asian eyes, flames, scrollwork and open mouth remind me of carnival haunted house/freak show artwork I used to see at the Kansas State Fair before it went PC. I almost expect a cart of screaming kids to issue from the mouth.

View Profile of tikijackalope Send a personal message to tikijackalope  Email tikijackalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Feelin' Zombified
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-04 05:55 am   Permalink

downright Flounderific it is.

-Z

View Profile of Feelin' Zombified Send a personal message to Feelin' Zombified  Email Feelin' Zombified     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-04 10:21 am   Permalink

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet!! Love it! Flames rock! Makes me want to go Arrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-04 10:30 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-03-04 10:21, RevBambooBen wrote:
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet!! Love it! Flames rock! Makes me want to go Arrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

yeh Rev, as so few other things do...

i'm all discombobulated by the sheer artistic genius emanating from TC ohana...

[ This Message was edited by: Johnny Dollar on 2004-03-04 10:31 ]

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-04 10:52 am   Permalink

I'll definitely be picking up a couple of those sweet mugs, great design flounder!

Great Minds Drink Alike

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-04 11:23 am   Permalink

Flounder,
I like it. I might even have to buy one if you promise to fill it with dark Cruzan rum for me.
KG

[ This Message was edited by: Kailuageoff on 2004-03-04 11:24 ]

View Profile of Kailuageoff Send a personal message to Kailuageoff  Email Kailuageoff     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
vwtikigirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-04 12:26 pm   Permalink

I love it! Nice work guys. I showed my husband and he said we had to have 3, so I just pre-ordered them.

[ This Message was edited by: vwtikigirl on 2004-03-04 12:37 ]

View Profile of vwtikigirl Send a personal message to vwtikigirl      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-04 2:18 pm   Permalink

Thanks everyone.

Holden, thanks for the thread and for pushing up the date on these suckers. What a nice surprise.

Geoff, you didn't think I was going to give you the good stuff did ya. I save the Cruzan 2 year old for people like you.

Pablus, don't push me or I'll attack you like a 140lb. squirrel on crack.

www.flounderart.com

View Profile of FLOUNDERart Send a personal message to FLOUNDERart  Email FLOUNDERart Goto the website of FLOUNDERart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation