FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving New mug by Flounder
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
New mug by Flounder
FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-06 4:13 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-09-02 11:46, MachTiki wrote:
Flounder,

That's awesome that your mug is featured on the Tiki Farm's splash page! That's gotta make you proud. Congrats and I can't wait to own one.

Yeah that is very cool!!! I didn't know it was up and just saw it for the first time. Very cool!

View Profile of FLOUNDERart Send a personal message to FLOUNDERart  Email FLOUNDERart Goto the website of FLOUNDERart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-29 10:21 am   Permalink

I now have the Flame Man Chu prints.

The paper size is 13"x19" and the actual printed area is11"x16.5".

Each one is hand signed.

Price is $40 + shipping

If you want one please send your address so I can figure out shipping cost.

View Profile of FLOUNDERart Send a personal message to FLOUNDERart  Email FLOUNDERart Goto the website of FLOUNDERart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-29 6:49 pm   Permalink

Of course your Art is Mind Blowing in person. Its just like any other art, photos never do it justice, However I was not prepared for how good it Really is. Just Fantastic Flounder. I'm fortunate to have met you and seen your work face to face.
PLUS I had the good fortune to Smudge a FLOUNDERart Signature on one of his incredible new mugs. I'll never wash that hand again. Well maybe after a few weeks. OK maybe Now.

[ This Message was edited by: Benzart on 2004-09-29 18:52 ]

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hala bullhiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-30 10:42 am   Permalink

yeah, photos really dont do it justice, we scored a print and matching mug at hukilau, great stuff indeed!

View Profile of hala bullhiki Send a personal message to hala bullhiki  Email hala bullhiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pomaika i
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-11 06:22 am   Permalink

I bought one of these mugs this weekend at Hilo Hattie. I think I'll get the matching print too! Awesome.

View Profile of Pomaika i Send a personal message to Pomaika i      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-11 8:02 pm   Permalink

Just got mine a bit ago from a store near me that I just found. my new favorite store. Its nice cuase the mugs are cheaper than that of the farm web site.

Flounder I got to see one of your originals close up. It was an erotic art show. I didn't know it was yours but I thought wow this one is done good and looks familiar.
Flounder what type of paint do you usually work with and what type did you use on the suitcases. Is it just painted on the material (like leather) of the suitcase. And it stays on good and all? Protected?

You are probably the most classicly trained artist to paint in this field of tiki.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-16 4:18 pm   Permalink

I was using acrylic but just started to work with oils again.

I used acrylic on the suitcases then coated them with shellac. Sand the surface first.

I'm not sure about the durability of them. I would have to say carry-on only.

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-16 5:42 pm   Permalink

Hi there FLOUNDER, long time no see. How is your new house , got everything unpacked yet?

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-17 12:04 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-04-16 17:42, Benzart wrote:
Hi there FLOUNDER, long time no see. How is your new house , got everything unpacked yet?

Not even close to unpacked! I have half the place gutted right now.

I'll be around TC more often now that I'm on line in my studio.

See ya.

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-17 4:14 pm   Permalink

HappyHappyHappy

Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-19 2:54 pm   Permalink

Flounder,
I went to Cocoa yesterday to pick up my new barkcloth cushions and about fell over that white space age chair you bought in Ft. Lauderdale -- at least I assume it was yours. Those guys do great work.
KG

View Profile of Kailuageoff Send a personal message to Kailuageoff  Email Kailuageoff     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-20 09:06 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-04-19 14:54, Kailuageoff wrote:
Flounder,
I went to Cocoa yesterday to pick up my new barkcloth cushions and about fell over that white space age chair you bought in Ft. Lauderdale -- at least I assume it was yours. Those guys do great work.
KG

OH SHIT! I almost forgot about that. OK I did. We gave that to them in the begining of Nov. and they still didn't have it done when we were ready to move. They said it would be done the day we were moving but it was a busy day and we forgot.

So how did it look?

Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-20 1:10 pm   Permalink

It looked like it was ready for blast-off! I asked the lady if she knew whose it was and she said she had forgotten. You might want to call them.

[ This Message was edited by: Kailuageoff on 2005-04-20 13:20 ]

View Profile of Kailuageoff Send a personal message to Kailuageoff  Email Kailuageoff     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation