FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki White Castles and other late night craves.
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
White Castles and other late night craves.
chase_317
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-03-04 01:50 am   Permalink

Here I am at 3:45am, just 15 more minutes until White Castle starts serving breakfast. In less than half an hour I'll be six or eight egg sandwiches heavier!

What are your late night/early morning crave spots?

View Profile of chase_317 Send a personal message to chase_317      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikijackalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-04 02:48 am   Permalink

Once a month we spend the weekend in Springfield MO, go to Aloha (the only attempt at a tiki bar for hundreds of miles) for lunch, attend a dance social that night, then at about 2AM its...Steak n Shake! We've had the same waitress for five years and she always keeps our pop glasses full at this 1950's neon and flashing light purveyor of chili-macs. I may just have to shoot a pic of it soon and post it.

View Profile of tikijackalope Send a personal message to tikijackalope  Email tikijackalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2004-03-04 09:35 am   Permalink

Madame Bong.

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-04 09:51 am   Permalink

the best thing about Steak'n Shake is that you can order everything with cheese

i find any vintage diner is perfect for post-midnite cuisine...

j$

(cos your grows up and your grows up and your grows up)

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-04 09:54 am   Permalink

In-n-Out Burger Baby!

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-04 10:06 am   Permalink

anyone ever been to the EAT-RITE in St. Louis? i think they had a food item called "the nightmare..."

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-04 10:37 am   Permalink

KRISPY KREME!

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
vwtikigirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-04 10:45 am   Permalink

I always crave McGriddles after a rough nite of drinking. Only the bacon, egg and cheese ones though.

View Profile of vwtikigirl Send a personal message to vwtikigirl      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-04 11:29 am   Permalink

I crave Bacon Egg & Cheese McGriddles before a heavy morning of drinking.

McGriddles are gross. Santa likes them!

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-04 11:55 am   Permalink

At 10:30pm they start pulling the hot buttermilk donuts out of the fryer at the local Winchell's and start dipping them in the hot chocolate frosting.

Sabu the Coconut Donut Boy

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-04 12:45 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-03-04 09:54, Unga Bunga wrote:
In-n-Out Burger Baby!

I've seriously considered moving to California for the express purpose of being closer to an In-N-Out Burger - was out there 2 years ago and it was absolutely the best! The only problem with the wife being a vegetarian she wasn't up for it! Also of note was Del Taco - just like Taco Bell but with french fries! Wow!

View Profile of johntiki Send a personal message to johntiki  Goto the website of johntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-04 1:13 pm   Permalink

del taco...

are you hip to the mother ship?

thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-03-04 3:44 pm   Permalink

In San Diego (my hometown) it's taco stands late at night: Alberto's, Roberto's, Hilberto's, Adelberto's, etc. My favorites are Los Panchos, El Cuervo, La Posta.

Nothing beats a carne asada burrito, roll tacos, and a horchata after a night drinking!

How I miss it up here in the bay area. The "tacquerias" up here all serve huge garbage burritos stuffed with beans and rice and some gristly, greasy, unidentifiable meat. It's quantity over quality.

Here in the bay area there's only a handful of late night joints, while in LA there's a million great late night places, from Pink's to Johnny's Pastrami to the all-night gourmet at Pacific Dining Car (which I've yet to go to but am dying to try). Remember Oki Dog in the early 80s?

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2004-03-04 4:19 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-03-04 15:44, thejab wrote:
The "tacquerias" up here all serve huge garbage burritos stuffed with beans and rice and some gristly, greasy, unidentifiable meat. It's quantity over quality.

I caught me a case of that 'tacqueria' once. Didn't get off the turlot for 3 days!

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-05 05:20 am   Permalink

I crave mexican food from Detroit's mexicantown - Armando's or Xochimilcos. They serve you and OBSCENE sized platter of stuff, covered in 6 pounds of melted cheese.
There's no mexican food even close to that level of lactic hedonism here in Toronto.

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation