FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » The Smokin' Menehunes at The Purple Orchid 4/3/04
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
The Smokin' Menehunes at The Purple Orchid 4/3/04
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-05 8:47 pm   Permalink

Hey Bong! Save the inners for me. I found a new "finish" I can use with em'. Makes for killer patina!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
UtopianDreem
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-03-11 2:07 pm   Permalink

Looking forward to seeing the Menehunes live again.

Is it possible the CD will be available at the gig? Haven't seen any recent updates about the duplicating status...

View Profile of UtopianDreem Send a personal message to UtopianDreem  Email UtopianDreem     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2004-03-11 4:02 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-03-11 14:07, UtopianDreem wrote:
Is it possible the CD will be available at the gig? Haven't seen any recent updates about the duplicating status...

We decided not to duplicate the CD that way the CD we do have will be even more valuable (as a coaster that is).

If you want one, PM me and I'll burn a copy and bring it to PO.

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-23 09:05 am   Permalink

(bump)

Almost time for the show

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-26 7:27 pm   Permalink

Hey, Lucky D - I just realized that to be able to PLAY at the Purple Orchid, one has to actually GO to the Purple Orchid!

I'll believe it when I see it - in fact, I'm bringin' my camera...
Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-26 9:55 pm   Permalink

I told you I'd get out there eventually. Ha!
Actually, I'm really looking forward to it. It'll be our first show in a long long time and where else but in a rad tiki bar that I haven't been to yet. Should be lotsa fun.

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-26 10:20 pm   Permalink

It'll be our first show in a long long time and where else but in a rad tiki bar that I haven't been to yet. Should be lotsa fun.
-------------------------------------------

But not as fun as the set you's played for the last OC mini crawl right!?!!!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-27 12:03 pm   Permalink

Oh yeah, that was the best! I mean that, and the International Tiki Day party.

It's been awhile, Ben. I need to come by and hang out soon. I work with a guy that brought up your name the other day. Andy over at O'Neill, I'm trying to get him out to the Tiki Oasis this year.

Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-29 09:40 am   Permalink

Hey Menehunes,
You are going to send some of those disks up to S.F for the crawl, right!?. I still need to get my earfull. If you want, send a couple out to me and I will handle the sales for you in my corner of the Tiki Bazzar on Friday night .

Chongolio

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-31 09:43 am   Permalink

Thanks Conger, we really haven't done much with the disk since we recorded it though. I'd like to get it fully packaged before we start getting it out there. We'll see what happens with it though.

Three more days till the show at the Orchid.

Wersmo Derinc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-02 11:36 pm   Permalink

Just a shameless act of self promotion to remind everyone the Smokin' Menehunes are appearing at the Purple Orchid Saturday!

221 Richmond Street El Segundo (310) 322-5829

See you there!

[ This Message was edited by: Wersmo Derinc on 2004-04-02 23:37 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Wersmo Derinc on 2004-04-02 23:37 ]

View Profile of Wersmo Derinc Send a personal message to Wersmo Derinc      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-04 6:01 pm   Permalink

How did it go last night? Wish I could have been there to support the Smokin' M's.

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-05 12:31 pm   Permalink

It was a great show, i always enjoy listening to The Smokin' Menehunes play! It was great to see a couple of TCers (who couldnt goto the SF crawl) there. Great to meet Sabu & see Docter Z, Z girl, Pug & stacey and of course Dave & Rebecca, great hosts as always. Thanks again Smokin Menehunes!

p.s. Is your next gig at Oasis?

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Bird on 2004-04-05 12:32 ]

View Profile of Tiki Bird Send a personal message to Tiki Bird  Email Tiki Bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-05 11:10 pm   Permalink

We had a great time playing the Purple Orchid this weekend. Thanks again to Dave and Rebecca, as well as the rest of the Orchid staff. Also, a huge thanks to everyone that came out to hear us do what we do, we really appreciate it. Here are a couple of pictures that my girlfriend snapped that night.

The Menehunes, Shirley, Bonger, and Spike. Mick is back there behind Bonger.

There he is.

Shirley and Bonger

Bonger trades the steel for an acoustic guitar and takes singing duties on a traditional Hawaiian song.

View from the stage. Sabu is there in the front, Rebecca, Bong and Dave to the right of Sabu. Dr. Z and Z Girl down at the end of the bar. Sorry if I didn't name some of you in the picture, I didn't know everyone that was there. I need to be more out going... Oh yeah, I think that is Mick making out with his girlfriend in the front of the picture. Howabout that.

We'll see you all at the Oasis!

[ This Message was edited by: Luckydesigns on 2004-04-05 23:40 ]

pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-06 08:54 am   Permalink

Listen, I hate to be a pupu about it but I want a freaking Smokin' Menehunes CD.

If you need help getting it pressed, just know that in 2003 our little media company pressed over 20,000 CDs and DVDs through various vendors throughout the US, plus a nifty little place in Vancouver.

...mmmmm, northern liiiiights.

C'mon already. I've got a slot for it in the Hawaiiana/Exotica rotation on the slick 300 CD disc changer.

Don't make me come out there and heckle...'cuz I just might.

Cool shots BTW - I'm sure the flash didn't do the true atmosphere justice, but thanks for posting them.

[ This Message was edited by: pablus on 2004-04-06 08:58 ]

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation