[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki Beer and tomato juice
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Beer and tomato juice
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-05 8:11 pm   Permalink

So my friend Rick brings over a new girlfriend who dumps tomato juice in her beer. Not in my house, I say. But of course the fear facter curiosity kicks in, and I pour her drink. Damn if she didn't toss back 4 of them.

She's from Kansas originally where apparently this is normal behavior. And by her accounts they drink the same foul concoction on the island of Jamaica, where they refer to it as a "red eye." So there you have it, a bizarre link between the primitive cultures of Kansas and Jamaica.

Has anyone else heard of this?

http://www.NiceFishy.com

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-05 8:35 pm   Permalink

Yep, I've heard of it. I've even tried it. It ain't half bad...but i prefer to just drink beer straight from the tap.

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnnievelour
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-05 8:37 pm   Permalink

I have had the pleasure of drinking a Lunchbox. My friend was at the Kon Tiki in Tuscon and it's on the menu. When he got back we went to the Purple Orchid and sure enough, they knew how to make it. Not really my kind of drink, but it's OK.

1/2 pint of beer
fill with pineapple juice
shot of Amaretto

I've seen it all mixed together and with the Amaretto in a shot glass on the side, drop it in and chug.

View Profile of johnnievelour Send a personal message to johnnievelour  Email johnnievelour Goto the website of johnnievelour     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-05 8:57 pm   Permalink

They have it all wrong in Kansass! It's supposed to be Beer and Clamato! With, a splash of Tobasco!!!!! That is The Red Eye! It's a morning thing. Well, used to be, before they made "Chaser. The atnti Hangover Pill!!" Dr Z is out of Biz.! Clamato is good in spegetti(sp?) sauce though.

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-05 9:05 pm   Permalink

p.s. Beer on Ice is pretty good too.

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-05 9:09 pm   Permalink

In California, I've been pourin Bloody Beers for many years to customers.
It's much better with a Bloody Mary mix made from scratch.
Cheers

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mrs. B
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-05 9:28 pm   Permalink

Mr Unga,
Bloody Bull? Whatathat again?
I know you'll have the answer.
Aloha!

View Profile of Mrs. B Send a personal message to Mrs. B      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-05 9:30 pm   Permalink

Mmmmmmmmmmm. Beeeeeeeeeeer!

Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-05 9:46 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-03-05 21:28, Mrs. B wrote:
Mr Unga,
Aloha!

Have not made that in a long time Mrs. B
vodka
V-8
lemon juice
beef bouillon
Worcestershire sauce

[ This Message was edited by: Unga Bunga on 2004-03-05 21:47 ]

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-05 10:12 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-03-05 21:46, Unga Bunga wrote:
Quote:

On 2004-03-05 21:28, Mrs. B wrote:
Mr Unga,
Aloha!

Have not made that in a long time Mrs. B
vodka
V-8
lemon juice
beef bouillon
Worcestershire sauce

[ This Message was edited by: Unga Bunga on 2004-03-05 21:47 ]

Damn! That sounds good right now!!!

Mrs. B
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-05 11:06 pm   Permalink

V-8?

I think the old skool use to be just plain old bloody mix....this just came to mind cause Buddy Epson (sp?) Mr. "Hillbilly", use to order them at a spot in Newport where I worked...he was an early drinker...hope he went out happy Maybe he woulda' lasted longer with V8...who knew!
Thanks Unga!

View Profile of Mrs. B Send a personal message to Mrs. B      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-05 11:37 pm   Permalink

I just call it tomatobeer. Nothin' fancy, usually mix it 3/4 beer to 1/4 tomato juice with a shake o' salt...the colder the better. I usually make myself a couple in the morning after a severe party and somebody's left some strange beer in my fridge that I know I'll never drink any other way (hate to see anything go to waste). It puts out the fire so I can move on to more "refined" morning drinks like Harvey Wallbangers or Tequilla Sunrises. A day without orange juice is like a day without sunshine!

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-06 02:14 am   Permalink

Anyone ever try this?

http://www.texasbloodybull.com/bloodybull.htm

Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-06 02:34 am   Permalink

Unga, you send me a case o' that shit, and I'll send you back the empties...DEAL?

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-06 06:25 am   Permalink

I had an art opening at a Sushi joint and the Japanesse bar tender had me drinking sake and beer. Something like a boiler maker. He would sit a shoot glass on two chop sticks over the glass of beer then he would scream out some jibberish pound his fist on the bar and make the shoot glass fall into the beer. I don't really remember the taste. Actually the last thing I remember was the non-english speaking sushi chef pulling me into the store room. In the store room he started to disrobe to my horror then I finally realised what he was trying to comunicate which was that he had yakazu type tattos over his whole body. He wanted to show off his art as well.
What was this thread about?

www.flounderart.com

View Profile of FLOUNDERart Send a personal message to FLOUNDERart  Email FLOUNDERart Goto the website of FLOUNDERart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation