Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki Beer and tomato juice
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Beer and tomato juice
kctiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-06 06:49 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-03-05 20:11, nice fishy wrote:

She's from Kansas originally where apparently this is normal behavior.

My mama is a Kansas farm girl. I remember her drinking straight saurkraut juice when I was a kid. I don't think that's normal behavior even for Kansas. But beer & kraut juice might be tasty.

View Profile of kctiki Send a personal message to kctiki  Email kctiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2004-03-06 10:36 pm   Permalink

Yeah, maybe I know about it cause I'm part white-trash, but tomato juice and beer is drunken the day after for a 'hair of the dog' elixer. (along with eggs over easy, grits with molasses, bacon and white bread toast.)

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2004-03-07 1:28 pm   Permalink

Once again proving that TC is the source of all informtion, believe it or not, we've already discussed Tomato Beer here.

http://tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic-new.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=6610&forum=1&start=0

Amongst other drinks....

I could use a tomato beer right now.

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-07 3:03 pm   Permalink

I thought there was something strangely deja vu about this topic. We didn't cover the sauerkraut juice though. Sauerkraut must possess some kind of olde world healing qualities or something. I was watching a show on the History Channel about the building of the Golden Gate Bridge and when guys would show up obviously hungover for work the company doctor would give them a glass of sauerkraut juice to steady them so they wouldn't fall off the bridge (a hell of a way to start your day). I love sauerkraut myself...it goes good with tomato beer and bratwurst. The best is Meeter's from Wisconsin (natch').

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-07 8:17 pm   Permalink

I thought Clamato was only a Canadian thing!

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-07 8:31 pm   Permalink

http://www.clamato.com/index_ing.htm#

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-07 9:06 pm   Permalink

From what I know as an ex-bartender, no one in Canada orders a Bloody Mary - in Canada it is called a Caesar and made expressly with Clamato, not tomato juice. No bar here has tomato juice, only Clamato. Also, it is usually only drunk at brunch as a hangover remedy.

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-08 10:52 am   Permalink

My Father likes to put salt in his beer, I thought is strange untill i tried, not to bad, so i'll have to try tomato beer.

View Profile of Tiki Bird Send a personal message to Tiki Bird  Email Tiki Bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bwana Tiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-03-08 7:22 pm   Permalink

MUST HAVE CLAM!
"Red Beer"
must have clam
Bwana must have clam for red beer.
Mmmmmmmm... red beer
Mmmmmmmmm... clam
clams quiet... won't hurt Bwana head.
good quiet clams... shhhhh... good clam.
good red beer.
Mmmmmm...drink wit Bwana clam, swim in Bwana beer. clam is Bwana friend. good clam. good red beer.

View Profile of Bwana Tiki Send a personal message to Bwana Tiki  Email Bwana Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation