FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki e-bay goin' down in flames?
e-bay goin' down in flames?
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-06 10:16 pm   Permalink

I tried to post another, different fine "El Tiki Espanol" mug, and it seems e-bay is really messing up since they updated their page format and raised the rates. I tried to post three times and gave up, it just wouldn't take it!
There were about 2000 messages about glitches in the last days in some "response" forum. Has e-bay tech support moved to India now too?

Anybody had similar problems to post objects for sale?

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGardener
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-06 10:58 pm   Permalink

Yes!

And Earthlink is on my Skit list. I love it when I can tell that the american dialect isn't a person first language through text chat. And thats not to imply I have a thing against non english speakers, it just means that its damned frustrating when trying to address a technical issue, and the person on the other end doesn't know certain very simple turns of a phrase that are commonly employed in the american subdialect of english.

If they have a live chat tech help, you'll find out real quick if they've outsourced to India.

View Profile of TikiGardener Send a personal message to TikiGardener  Goto the website of TikiGardener     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-07 7:06 pm   Permalink

I called American Express the other night to ask when I would get my next statement. The guy on the phone just kept repeating "In six to eight weeks Mr. Sundstrom", even though I asked four different questions. I should have asked when I should make a payment after receiving my statement because I know he would have said, "In six to eight weeks Mr. Sundstrom".
Seems like the name "American Express" is no longer accurate. This outsourcing thing is going to bite some of these companies in the a**.

View Profile of Kailuageoff Send a personal message to Kailuageoff  Email Kailuageoff     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGardener
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-07 11:34 pm   Permalink

Hey Sven the offer still stands for me to try and post those items for you.

View Profile of TikiGardener Send a personal message to TikiGardener  Goto the website of TikiGardener     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-08 6:37 pm   Permalink

Thanks Scott, Naomi was able to do it on her PC from her store just now. So...is this only a MAC problem?
Has anybody had the problem of attempting to post an item on e-bay, and the post not being accepted because date or place were not filled in correctly, even though they were, repeatedly?

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGardener
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-09 02:04 am   Permalink

I had an item be rejected about four times, and then go through with the same info.

It seems to be ebay...

Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-09 06:18 am   Permalink

I posted an item on Sunday using a Mac with no problem.

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-09 10:49 am   Permalink

I've had many problems on my G4, I can't post an image, then it tells me to use a PC and try again. Grrrr.

Great Minds Drink Alike

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation