FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Son of Headhunter
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )
Son of Headhunter
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-13 2:18 pm   Permalink

Come on raffertiki couldn't you get the whole 7 feet? You've been hiding that one for awhile. Looks good, three for one. Looks like some nice sharp detail. More, more.more.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-13 5:46 pm   Permalink

Quote:
Is it going in your front yard to scare the locals?

Nah, I have three crazy dogs to scare the locals. This one is going to be the centerpiece at my tiki party.

Actually I had a relapse, no 2 relapses with my eye. The epitherial layer of skin healed then ripped twice. It's called "recurrent erosion of the epitherial." OnFriday they had to re-remove the layer, and freaking poke 20 tiny holes in my eyeball with a syringe, so the new layer will have something to grab onto. Remin ded me of alien autopsy, or something. Horrifying, to say the least. I'm praying it "takes" this time. So remember boys and girls, use your goggles, or better yet, a a full face mask. The face mask is less likely to fog up, and tempt you to remove it.

Quote:
Come on raffertiki couldn't you get the whole 7 feet?

I'm not as young as I used to be.

http://www.NiceFishy.com

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-06-13 10:05 pm   Permalink

I have a thing about eyes (I can't even touch my eyes to put in contacts!) so your story made me cringe...ooouuuuhhhh....I do hope it "takes" this time too. I'll raise one for your health tonite and heed your word of caution when carving tomorrow...to a speedy recovery.

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-14 2:59 pm   Permalink

Thanks Polynesiac,

I have a good feeling about it this time.

By the way it took me so long to post something new because I've had a few failed attempts. But I suppose you have to take risks to get better. I have a nice oak log waiting for my next attempt.

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-14 3:22 pm   Permalink

Man what a bitch about the relapses. You can't mess around with the eyes, they are too important. I wear glasses and that's all the protection I wear which isn't really enough. I better improve it. Anyway hope this go-round takes better and you don't have to go thru the "Alien" thingie again. man, it gives me the willies..(all kinds of emphatic punctuation to be added here)

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-14 4:18 pm   Permalink

I don't know how I've missed this thread but have to throw in a kudo or eleven.

The Tikis look great.
Completely unique as well.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-15 11:40 am   Permalink

Thanks Benzart, I learned my lesson.

Pablus, Thanks for the kudos, I will continue to push my envelope and try new things. Sometimes I get lucky. You should see the bar I'm working on. Actually you will, sometime soon.

Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-06-15 1:13 pm   Permalink

Very, very nice work, Raffertiki. Also, I wish you the best with your eye.

http://www.samgambino.com

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-11 7:32 pm   Permalink

Flaming tiki In progress

My chainsaw blade is only 14". I had to burn out the 15th and final inch. Whew.

Not quite done, but well on its way.

Octane
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-11 8:26 pm   Permalink

that looks cool, with the fire in the mouth. bet thats fun to have for those time your outside at night.

View Profile of Octane Send a personal message to Octane      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-11 9:15 pm   Permalink

Thanks Octane,

It's a fun centerpiece for nightime entertaining. I need to have it finished by Saturday for a party, but can't decide if I should stain it or not.

Oh, and to clarify, the night shot has one of those fake-flame lamps in it. Not real fire. It should last longer this way.

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-12 06:53 am   Permalink

Awh, c'mon can't you play with a little real fire? It won't burn,I Promise. And I have this car owned by a little old lady.....
Keep bringing the cool stuff raffertiki

Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-12 3:59 pm   Permalink

Very cool work, raffertiki. Yes, a little lighter fluid, a real match and a dried-out log with hours of work involved - there's nothing to worry about! And yes, I know this same little old lady too - she has a '68 Charger, garage-kept with a cam and only 3000 original miles, and she only drove it back and forth to Bingo, and she just wants to get rid of it so that she can store her grandson's boat in the garage. Since it's so old she figures $900 is a fair price....

www.samgambino.com

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-07-12 8:30 pm   Permalink

sam...not funny...(drool, drool)

That tiki is WAY cool Raffer! Be sure to post some pics of it when you do use real fire. Very cool idea...

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-13 08:35 am   Permalink

A cutdown pie tin with some sand in the bottom, put in some sternos (the big professional size), and light'em up! Keep a little bucket of sand around to douse the flames with, just in case.

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation