FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums ╗ ╗ Tiki Events ╗ ╗ Other Events ╗ ╗ 2nd Annual NW Territory Tiki Crawl - Tickets Available Now!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
2nd Annual NW Territory Tiki Crawl - Tickets Available Now!
TikiMaxton
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-10 09:28 am   Permalink

We're finally ready to make our big announcement! We've crossed some of our Ts and dotted a number of our Is and we feel it's time to get people to put some ink on some calendars now.

SO... If you are (or plan to be, or can plan to be) in the Portland, Oregon area, please join us Saturday, June 26th and Sunday, June 27th for the SECOND ANNUAL NW TERRITORY TIKI CRAWL!

This years crawl will be a much bigger deal, with entertainment, a home bar tour and our own signature mug! Head on over to our site -
www.nwtiki.com -and sign up for our mailing list to be informed of updates, additions and changes.

If you're interested in selling or trading tiki related items, or if you're an entertainer and would like to be added to the lineup, there's contact info on the site.

So go there! Then join us in June!

ps - Extra special kudos to Tikitronic for the excellent site design and build! Keep an eye on it for further cool updates!

[ This Message was edited by: TikiMaxton on 2004-04-29 10:23 ]

View Profile of TikiMaxton Send a personal message to TikiMaxton  Email TikiMaxton Goto the website of TikiMaxton ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-10 11:03 am   Permalink

YIPPEE! I've been intrigued by the little scraps of info I'd been getting about the crawl, and I'm excited to have the full scoop now. There's no way I'll miss this -- I miss puamana & Selector Lopaka too much!!

Very cool that you got Lushy to come down and play, for any of you who saw them at last year's Oasis (or will see them again at this year's), they really shine in a more intimate venue. Of course, I'm especially glad that more of the tiki 'ohana will finally get to hear Selector Lopaka spin live, I know so many folks have been enjoying his compilation cds.

Wait a minute... no polka this time? Maybe we'll have to inject a wee smidge of polka somewhere in the festivities.

Tikitronic - great job on the graphics, per usual!

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-02 12:12 pm   Permalink

Fantastic!!
The Second Annual NW Tiki Crawl is something I'd really like to attend. My only problem is that I may not have a way to get there. My fiancÚ is taking off with his ship in the middle of June, so he won't be around to drive us down there. We have a catamaran called the "Clipper" here in Victoria that sails directly into Seattle, but then I'm stuck. Would there happen to be any Seattle area Tiki Centralites that are planning on going to the crawl, and could help a fellow polypop enthusiast out?

Mahalo,
-Tikiwahine

Great Minds Drink Alike

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrtikibar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-04 1:43 pm   Permalink

Tikiwahine,
If you can't hook up with some TCers coming down from Seattle I have a non-TC friend up there that most likely will be heading down and I bet she would enjoy some company. You can send me a personal message or email if you need
a ride. I'll get you guys together.

View Profile of mrtikibar Send a personal message to mrtikibar  Email mrtikibar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-05 12:31 pm   Permalink

Thank you so much mrtikibar!
That's a fantastic idea. I guess it's still a little early to be making plans, I'll send you a message if I'm still in need in a couple of months.
Mahalo,
Tikiwahine

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sparklegem
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-07 12:19 am   Permalink

Sounds super! We will be there for sure! Please keep me informed; can't wait.
Very Best Regrds,
Gem

View Profile of sparklegem Send a personal message to sparklegem      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMaxton
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-07 09:37 am   Permalink

Sparklegem, are you on the NW Tiki Events Mailing list? If not, check out this thread:
http://tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic-new.php?topic=6400&forum=4&vpost=61422

View Profile of TikiMaxton Send a personal message to TikiMaxton  Email TikiMaxton Goto the website of TikiMaxton ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sparklegem
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-07 6:01 pm   Permalink

Hi,
Thank you for the tip! I just added my email to the list. I can't wait for the next event!
All the Best,
Gem

View Profile of sparklegem Send a personal message to sparklegem      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kingslod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-08 11:24 am   Permalink

Hey Portanders! (or is it Goners?)

We just made an offer on a place in Portland and hope to be all moved in by the Tiki Crawl! Wish us luck. I'm sure I won't have a Tiki bar built by then, but I'm looking forward to meeting you all and seeing some other Portland home tiki bars for inspiration.

Cheers!

David

[ This Message was edited by: kingslod on 2004-04-08 11:25 ]

View Profile of kingslod Send a personal message to kingslod  Email kingslod Goto the website of kingslod     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMaxton
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-08 5:34 pm   Permalink

Yay! Another member to add to the NW Tribe! We lok forward to having you here, and showing you around, and dropping in on you at all hours demanding mai tais!

Let us know when you've locked your moving date!

kingslod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-25 1:58 pm   Permalink

Hello everyone!

We are officially moving to the City of Roses the weekend of May 15th! Should be in by Monday at the latest. Just in time for my sister's baby (they just moved to Forest Grove) and the Tiki Crawl in June! My wife is flying with the 2 wee-ones and I'll be driving up the car as fast as I can. Looking forward to some loud and painful music appreciation as I drive!

Do you all have regular (or irregular) get togethers for happy hour? I would love to meet people before the crawl.

Do you guys build a Tiki float for the Rose Parade?

Thanks again for everyone's help and advice on the various threads...

David

[ This Message was edited by: kingslod on 2004-04-25 14:02 ]

View Profile of kingslod Send a personal message to kingslod  Email kingslod Goto the website of kingslod     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sporkboyofjustice
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-26 1:24 pm   Permalink

Well I guess that I'm close enough that I'll have to make the trip up in June being in Eugene. I too am looking forward to seeing the home bars and getting ideas for one of my own.

View Profile of sporkboyofjustice Send a personal message to sporkboyofjustice  Goto the website of sporkboyofjustice     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMaxton
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-26 1:43 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-04-25 13:58, kingslod wrote:
Hello everyone!

We are officially moving to the City of Roses the weekend of May 15th!

Welcome to the neighborhood! We do have a monthly happy hour, but the one in May is going to happen the first Friday, so you'll miss it. There'll be one in June, and I'm also thinking about having a few happy hours at Castaway Cove to warm up for the crawl. Don't recall if you signed up for the NW Territory party list, but if not, do - that's where you'll find out about all the action! Email me when you get to town!

[ This Message was edited by: TikiMaxton on 2004-04-26 13:46 ]

Tikitronic
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-04-29 01:08 am   Permalink

Aloha Everyone!
Tickets are now up for sale at
http://www.nwtiki.com/store.html

The Saturday Evening Ticket (June 26) includes admission, live entertainment by
Lushy, Selector Lopaka, a Polynesian Dance Review, and the 'Mystery' Surf Band.
There will also be vendors, a raffle, and more details to be announced!

The Two Day Package includes all of the above, and also admission to the Home Bar
bus-tour on Sunday June 27th, where you can explore some of the Portland area's
hidden Tiki treasures.

Additionally - the first 40 Two-Day Packages sold include a Commemorative 'Northwest
Tiki Crawl 2004' Tiki Mug.
We'll be revealing images (a customized Tiki Farm model) and full mug details within
the week!

Yee-haa!
(oh - wait - that wasn't very tiki...)

View Profile of Tikitronic Send a personal message to Tikitronic  Goto the website of Tikitronic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kingslod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-29 10:00 am   Permalink

OK! I just bought a 2 day package...damn, I must have really wanted that mug. Are you just keeping a list of people who paid, or are you mailing actual tickets? My address will be changing very shortly, so I don't want to miss any important mail....

Thanks.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation