[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki Finished "Big Gorilla..." Painting
Finished "Big Gorilla..." Painting
Thorsten Hasenkamm
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-10 10:24 am   Permalink

Here's the finished painting...

" Big Gorilla In Little Car ", 30 x 40 cm, Acrylic on PVC...

...here's some detail...

...and the frame (too big to scan the whole frame)...

View Profile of Thorsten Hasenkamm Send a personal message to Thorsten Hasenkamm  Email Thorsten Hasenkamm Goto the website of Thorsten Hasenkamm     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-10 10:51 am   Permalink

Nice!

I really like it Thorsten, the cat in the back looks sooo unimpressed, sad almost.

Great Minds Drink Alike

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SES
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-10 11:59 am   Permalink

The cat reminds me of "I Dream of Jeanie". Too funny...

You need to start a Thorsten thread in "Creating Tiki" and put all your paintings into one spot! Would be much easier for us to find and keep track of them.

View Profile of SES Send a personal message to SES      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-10 4:20 pm   Permalink

(I think he's trying to keep his tiki/non tiki things separate)

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SES
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-10 4:32 pm   Permalink

The "Creating Tiki" section was created specifically to showcase TC'ers talents.
It's better to have everything under one main thread than a separate thread for each and every painting title. I'll easily remember the artist name but hardly ever will remember the title of a specific painting. Just makes the search work smoother for people to find things.

View Profile of SES Send a personal message to SES      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-10 4:55 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-03-10 16:32, susane wrote:
The "Creating Tiki" section was created specifically to showcase TC'ers talents.

It's true that it does serve the purpose of showcasing TCers talents, but that's not why it was created. It was created to discuss the process of creating things related to tiki. Thorsten's website is a great place to see all of his art in one place, including the non-tiki stuff.

Another great piece, Thorsten! I hope I can make it up for that San Francisco show, it sounds like it's going to be killer. When are you going to show in LA?

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mig
Official Man-About-Town  

Posted: 2004-03-10 6:13 pm   Permalink

OOO OOO OOO EEP EEEP! Me likee.

mig

View Profile of mig Send a personal message to mig  Email mig Goto the website of mig     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-10 6:52 pm   Permalink

Bad ass! That's my favorite as of yet.

View Profile of FLOUNDERart Send a personal message to FLOUNDERart  Email FLOUNDERart Goto the website of FLOUNDERart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-10 10:17 pm   Permalink

The dude definitely knows where he's headin..

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-11 05:40 am   Permalink

I think a Thorsten Thread in Creating Tiki is a good idea. I don't mind if there isa mix of tiki and non tiki paintings in the thread, we all know he does tiki stuff...

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-11 11:03 am   Permalink

Awesome piece, where ever you post it. Your brush stokes are inspired.

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thorsten Hasenkamm
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-15 01:12 am   Permalink

First of all, thanks!

Whatever you want, peeps! But I think that I agree with Humuhumu's opinion that my website is the place to see all my work, updated every few weeks...

PERSONALLY I think that when you have ONE thread per artist it'll get unclear...a new painting is posted in a new thread, you see it, maybe make a comment, and after a few days the thread is at the bottom, time for a new one ...

View Profile of Thorsten Hasenkamm Send a personal message to Thorsten Hasenkamm  Email Thorsten Hasenkamm Goto the website of Thorsten Hasenkamm     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SES
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-15 04:18 am   Permalink

You are missing the point of the what the thread does or rather the "power of the thread". If it's one thread representing a single artist then it works out as a showcase for all the paintings, artwork, etc. and the new things added just bump it back to the top and bring attention to ALL the work in one place if people haven't seen it before then that brings even more attention to your work. I think it works much better for the artists that way.
When you do them for each individual item then people have to search TC to find the others if they are interested in the work as well as check out the website.

Thorsten Hasenkamm
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-15 05:52 am   Permalink

Yeah, like I said, whatever you want! Wether it's a new thread or a collection of work it's fine with me...just tell me! Maybe I can start a "selected works" thread with my next painting...

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation