FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Collecting Tiki » » Tiki Mugs!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
Tiki Mugs!
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-14 10:11 pm   Permalink

Midnight,
Any of them.

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-14 10:46 pm   Permalink

Ben,
If you are looking for ANY Trader Dick's mug, I'm sure I can dig one out for you - no trade necessary. These are VERY common mugs and not hard to find at all. I'd hate to see you give up a Shag set to get one.

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-15 12:42 am   Permalink

i missed out on these mugs on ebay. don't know where they are from but all 8 went for only $31. marked DMAINE 11/67

View Profile of GECKO Send a personal message to GECKO  Email GECKO Goto the website of GECKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-15 01:32 am   Permalink

Wow, thanks for posting those! The date is exactly what I would've guessed.

They make me nostalgic, as the very earliest memories of the world I have are from the late 60's. So psychedelic, my GAWD--PINK tiki mugs?!?

Never did I dare to dream that my obsessions with vintage pink items and TIKI would ever intersect.

I'm really sorry I missed them. I would've had to go for it...

confirmed night owl,

Lisa

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiJones
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-03-16 10:14 pm   Permalink

REV,
I live 10 miles from Trader Dicks, if you want I can get you a nice collection of mugs(I have some older mugs to send to you too), a menu, and anything else I can score for you. I can even send you some photos of the place if you would like. Just send me an email letting me know what you'd like to do. Later Days

View Profile of TikiJones Send a personal message to TikiJones      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-22 2:32 pm   Permalink

Shameless auction plug (part deux)!

You've seen Sabu's...

You've seen BigBadTikiDaddy's...

Now here's MY foray into the (hopefully) exciting and lucrative world of selling:

TRADER VIC'S VOODOO TUMBLERS!!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2166551114&ssPageName=ADME:B:LC:US:1

I would like to shamelessly point out that, unlike the two above (and highly successful - congrats, guys!!) auctions, this auction is for a LIGHT BLUE tumbler. I'd also like to shamelessly point out that this tumbler is UNUSED, and still has its original Imperial Glass labels intact!

(and, as always, free insurance for TC'ers!)

Midnight - sorry, no 'buy it now', but if its any consolation (and I know it's not), it is a 'no reserve' auction...

Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-22 4:35 pm   Permalink

What is going on, did some truck full of "TV's Voodoo Grog" glasses lose a box or two on the freeway? And the bids they attract...aye yea yea, to the moon, Alice!

Well, these Hoity Toity types may have those glasses, but wait until you see the next midnite Tiki Mug charity auction. We got some stellar crap, er, items. Why I just finished the pics on a very VERY Rare lot to be offered:

2 Trader Dick's peanut guy mugs, the hard to find Chinese versions!

Please note, I WILL NOT be entertaining any "end it now for $XXX" type offers on this particular lot either. Pre-sale estimates value this lot at a minimum of eight, perhaps NINE, dollars. American.

Take that...
midnite

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-23 1:08 pm   Permalink

and we're off and running. Doubt I'll end up winning it in my price range, but it's worth a shot.

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stunrut
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-23 4:46 pm   Permalink

I've got some #1 Kahiki mugs to trade . Seems to be all I can get around here for obvious reasons.

I may have some Kahiki Skull mugs also if I can score a few more.

View Profile of stunrut Send a personal message to stunrut  Email stunrut     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-24 8:31 pm   Permalink

Ah, my dear Midnight - it seems your estimates for the final value of my Starboard and Port light glasses were (unfortunately for me) a tad on the high side... But, for my first attempt at selling tiki items (as opposed to trading), it didn't come out too bad!

However, as they say in the e-biz: "If at first you don't succeed, re-list, re-list again..."

Here's another pair!

STARBOARD
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2166965091

PORT
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2166969139
Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-25 11:56 am   Permalink

it seems your estimates for the final value of my Starboard and Port light glasses were (unfortunately for me) a tad on the high side...

Ahh, but my initial prognostication put the ending value at $130. Pretty close I say. I amended my thoughts to the too-high level because the glasses took off so quickly. Perhaps that stalled things...the vagaries of auctions.

I still think they should have gone for more. Your listing alone is worth a few dollars. Marketing counts and the listing for the glasses is top-notch. People just don't appreciate genius until it's too late.

Good luck with the new ones,
midnite

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cultjam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-25 12:08 pm   Permalink

Maybe it's that they aren't as tikiesque as the voodoo mug? I love them, I grew up by a lake so the boating theme gives them extra value to me. I just can't afford them. Sniff...

Maybe that's it, you need to bait the naval and sea-faring collectors like the sellers who put SHAG in the auction title even though the item has nothing to do with him. My Shag search has about twenty words to exclude now.

View Profile of Cultjam Send a personal message to Cultjam      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-25 2:05 pm   Permalink

Maybe it's that they aren't as tikiesque as the voodoo mug?

Yes, that is a good point. I have several Tiki pals that collect only "Tiki" mugs, nothing hula or the like. As with any collection, one has to decide what is their aim, 'cause it is impossible to get everything. Although, I have several customers that certainly try to get it all...and several copies at that.

midnite

Sabu The Coconut Boy
Tiki Central Poet Laureate

Posted: 2003-03-25 2:11 pm   Permalink

The gentleman I sold my Voodoo Tumbler to is a comprehensive Trader Vic's collector. He told me that there are three versions of the Port/Starboard Light Tumblers - A nice ceramic version, an ugly ceramic version, and the glass versions. I think he told me he owns over 5,000 tiki mugs, yet he had never heard of Tiki Central. I'm going to try to get him to join us - he'd have a lot of input on this Collecting board I'm sure.

Sabu

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-25 5:00 pm   Permalink

I actually have 2 different versions of the glass Port Light, both made by Imperial: a deep, ruby red, with very sharply defined features (ribs, bands, etc.), and a brighter, cherry red with more rounded, smooth features. My Starboard Lights are all the same, however. Go figure...

I also noticed that the Voodoo Tumblers Sabu and I have (they came from the same estate) have very deep and crisp raised relief masks, while the one pictured in the BOT (p. 93) looks 'melted' and almost flat by comparison. Do glass molds lose their definition over time as ceramic mug molds do?

(BTW - the winner of my first auction? Not a TikiCentralite...)

[ This Message was edited by: Doctor Z on 2003-03-25 17:02 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation