FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki The Crap We Wade Through...
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
The Crap We Wade Through...
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-03 12:17 pm   Permalink

Gaaahggh!

There IS an OwlCentral!

http://owlcentral.com/

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZebraTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-03 6:55 pm   Permalink

What?! No owl salt & pepper shaker discussions? No "Creating Owls" tips?

The scary thing is, there may be a market for the "How Many Wee Little Figurine Owls Can You Cram Into a Curio Cabinet?" message board!

[ This Message was edited by: ZebraTiki on 2004-09-03 18:56 ]

View Profile of ZebraTiki Send a personal message to ZebraTiki  Email ZebraTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kctiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-04 5:31 pm   Permalink

oo, they provide business solutions. What a novel concept.

View Profile of kctiki Send a personal message to kctiki  Email kctiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unkle John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-04 10:34 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-09-04 17:31, kctiki wrote:
oo, they provide business solutions. What a novel concept.

or should you say a "wise concept"?

ugh i need to quit mixing OTC pain killers and Mai Tais

View Profile of Unkle John Send a personal message to Unkle John  Email Unkle John Goto the website of Unkle John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MachTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-05 09:17 am   Permalink

Did you know that Muppet Central doesn't have a "Creating Muppets" forum either?!

Yes, yes... there IS a Muppet Central.

View Profile of MachTiki Send a personal message to MachTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
calneva
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-09-06 10:27 am   Permalink

One last thing on Whipped Cream...

When I was a young, hot headed punk rocker, nothing pissed me off more than finding 20 more copies of Whipped Cream and Other Delights at Goodwill. I've probably seen a thousand copies of this thing, Now....I would probably cry like a baby if I found one mint for 50 cents.

View Profile of calneva Send a personal message to calneva      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-06 12:16 pm   Permalink

I went to the local Sal Army the other day and they had 50-70 Al Jolson LPs from the '60s & '70s, and had double copys of most of them.

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-18 11:16 am   Permalink

on saturday at the salvation army, my wahine was inspired to buy shaun cassidy's "born too late." we rocked that mother when we got home.

to be fair, we got some good clash, siouxie and psychadellic furs too.

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
velveteenlounge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-18 11:49 am   Permalink

We were seeing so many Herb Alpert & TJB records that my husband, the record collector, instituted the Herb Alpert Challenge. He wanted to see how long it would take to get every recorded Herb release in both mono and stereo for under $1 a pop, just from thrifts. It took mere months. Once that was over he started over again on open reel tapes.

View Profile of velveteenlounge Send a personal message to velveteenlounge  Goto the website of velveteenlounge     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-18 12:34 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-10-18 11:49, velveteenlounge wrote:
We were seeing so many Herb Alpert & TJB records that my husband, the record collector, instituted the Herb Alpert Challenge.

Someone once told me that Herb sold more records than the Beatles during the 1960s. Does anyone know if that's correct?

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-18 2:01 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-10-18 12:34, cynfulcynner wrote:
Someone once told me that Herb sold more records than the Beatles during the 1960s. Does anyone know if that's correct?

It may be correct, but it is certainly just wrong!

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-16 07:13 am   Permalink

yearrgh!

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MachTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-16 07:28 am   Permalink

J$... I'LL GET YOU FOR THAT!!!

View Profile of MachTiki Send a personal message to MachTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Tiki Central Poet Laureate

Posted: 2004-11-16 1:24 pm   Permalink

You used to be able to sell a set of those Bailey's face mugs on Ebay for $30. No longer. Same with "The Zone" diet books. They were good for an easy $20 pop. No longer.

Sabu

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-16 1:33 pm   Permalink

hey sabu, is this your cousin?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=29223&item=6935540303&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

[ This Message was edited by: Johnny Dollar on 2004-11-16 13:34 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation