FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki Tiki Port, Hyannis, MA (restaurant)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Tiki Port, Hyannis, MA (restaurant)
rippa

Posted: 2006-04-24 8:15 pm   Permalink

Tiki Port Hyannis
as of April 2006

- Yes, there are tiki (always have been). Not an extravaganza, but some path and doorway frames.
- Yes, there are tropical drinks (they've always been there). Drinks are strong, big, rather cheap ($3-6) and many are served in tiki mugs or bowls.
- Food is 'Cantonese + Polynesian, Mandarin American Cuisine' - I like it. Yumbo.

Here are some links to pix.
aloha!

[ This Message was edited by: rippa 2006-05-05 01:32 ]

View Profile of rippa Send a personal message to rippa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-25 02:35 am   Permalink

I'm in.--let's go!

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rippa

Posted: 2006-04-27 02:07 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-04-25 02:35, pappythesailor wrote:
I'm in.--let's go!

I should have called you last week - I'm back in Sweden now...

View Profile of rippa Send a personal message to rippa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-27 09:26 am   Permalink

Hey Pappy - I'm up for this sometime soon. Maybe a late May trip??

View Profile of johnman Send a personal message to johnman  Goto the website of johnman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rippa

Posted: 2006-05-05 01:26 am   Permalink

I'm envious...

Rain
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-05 04:05 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-04-27 09:26, johnman wrote:
Hey Pappy - I'm up for this sometime soon. Maybe a late May trip??

if you guys are talking VERY late may, i'd be in. i've never been to that area of MA.

View Profile of Rain Send a personal message to Rain  Email Rain Goto the website of Rain     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-05 5:43 pm   Permalink

Wow, that's like two hours away. That qualifies for an overnight stay - little weekend on the Cape. I'll check in w/ HQ and see how the end of May looks.

View Profile of johnman Send a personal message to johnman  Goto the website of johnman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Mayor Of Exotica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-08 10:24 am   Permalink

Waitiki visited the Tiki Port back in Feb. after the Nantucket Luau. We did indeed find the drink menu to be decent, and the drinks to be respectably strong.

Decor was nice, but not that authentic, compared to, say, the Mai Kai. The ambience was more a chinese restaurant with a tip of the hat to Tiki.

The bar itself was more a locals hangout. It is Hyannis, after all.

Last night, we reconvened at the Tiki Island for comparison, and other than some tikis with glowing red eyes (red lights behind), and a mural of an island with tikis, hula girls, and in the distance, a cargo ship docked at the "TIki Port," a volcano in the background on the other side, it was a similar atmosphere. Food and drinks were almost identical to the Tiki Port.

View Profile of The Mayor Of Exotica Send a personal message to The Mayor Of Exotica  Email The Mayor Of Exotica Goto the website of The Mayor Of Exotica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rippa

Posted: 2006-07-24 08:22 am   Permalink

Mmmm. Now sitting on a mountainside in far-off Korea.

Authentic or not, overwhelming or otherwise, please enjoy the escapism of tiki. The chance to locate an oasis (of almost any sort) should not be scoffed at.

Those Tiki Port snacks and drinks are tasty, cheap and hard to beat. Perhaps finer dining these days involves quorm or couscous... sometimes one might stick-out yer pinkie and sip at the finer things of life. But the Tiki Port has been turning out good grub for 30+ years.

Count your blessing...

aloha from afar!

pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-25 4:47 pm   Permalink

I wanna go. Johnman? Bargoyle? Rain?

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-25 7:01 pm   Permalink

Aloha Pappy - I'm game sometime. Hyannis is a pretty good hike for us so we'll probably hold out until, hate to say it, Spring. The Miss and I will turn it into a little getaway to the Cape and I'll bundle in Tiki Port.

Rippa thanks for the pics - the place looks good and will definitely deserve a visit.

rippa

Posted: 2006-07-27 06:19 am   Permalink

Well Pappy, the next time I'm due in town I'll drop you a note beforehand. As of now, I watch torrential rain on a cloudtopped mountainside near Sinchon in Seoul. Could be worse (I'm reasonably cozy and fed) but would greatly appreciate the food & drinks that $20 would elicit from Tiki Port.

aloha!

Billbot
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-08-09 10:24 am   Permalink

http://www.astrostation.com/tikitravels/Bill%27s%20Tiki%20Travels%20p4.html

Just a little extra Tiki Port info and pics. Fun Place.

-BILLBOT
http://www.astrostation.com

View Profile of Billbot Send a personal message to Billbot  Email Billbot Goto the website of Billbot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
professahhummingflowah
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-15 10:22 pm   Permalink

You know what's weird, is there's a pickup truck that's parked down the street from my place right now, and on its door it says TIKI PORT, HYANNIS, MA. With the phone number on it. What a weird/strange coincidence. By the way, if anyone needs a good accountant for tax time, I know of one who is just a block (or so) away from Tiki Port's sister restaurant, Tiki Island, in Malden.

View Profile of professahhummingflowah Send a personal message to professahhummingflowah  Email professahhummingflowah Goto the website of professahhummingflowah     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2009-07-31 10:05 pm   Permalink

Napkin

I liked it.

View Profile of Zeta Send a personal message to Zeta  Goto the website of Zeta     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation