FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Sam's Seafood for So Cal INTERATIONAL TIKI DAY
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Sam's Seafood for So Cal INTERATIONAL TIKI DAY
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2004-03-31 6:17 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-03-31 18:08, JohnnyRottenTiki wrote:
Hey Bong!!?? What if our "signifigant others" are on "the list" but I'm not (i.e. Cheekygirl and me)?? Will I have to sit on her lap or will I be condemmed to the far away bar land?? Just curious.

Oh! and before I forget..... if you need a drummer for any of the musical festivities, consider my help. Anything I can also do to help, consider it done.

JRtiki,

Unfortunately, Sam's said they enforce the fire code of 75 people in the room. I will put your name on the waiting list, and as history tells me, the first 5 people on the list will more than likely get in.

Hate to seem like an a-hole (well, sometimes) but the laws the law and burning to death sucks (just as Great White).

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-31 11:11 pm   Permalink

Well, I obviously missed this one...procrastinators RULE!
It would be cool if you could add me and the Mrs. to the waiting list, but even if we don't get into "the event", we'll be at the bar to celebrate anyway.

Thanks for setting this event up and doing all the organizing and everything, I know it can't be easy.

btw...was there ever mention of a "venders area" for this? Or am I thinking of something else?

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-01 7:34 pm   Permalink

Just got back from the Reef Bar @ Caliente do'in a little fixin with my main man Mr. C'Al. Got a call from Bong the other night about this post (no computer access out there)and had no idea what was going on. Anyway, got to talkin with C'Al and we came up with a solution for this dilemma. I rented the Tiki Boat on Int. Tiki Day (8/14), out of Balboa from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.. This is what we have lined up so far. There is a 1/2 hour pre party and a 1/2 hour after party. Full Hawaiian buffet. 3.00 Mai Tai's. Beer and Wine 2.00. (barf bags extra! Arrrr!!) And, APE (the band) will be playing on the boat. All this so far for 20.00 a head. The only drag is that there is a limit (for weight on the boat) so we'll have 125 spots available, instead of the full capacity of 140. Anyway, I'll have full info tomorrow and will post. (working on Tiki Farm as I write for the event mug. Also have a few other suprises in the line up and am working on a hotel down there for a group rate.) Hope this will work for everyone.

p.s. The Reef Bar is a lot better than it was last year. Wait to you see the tikis that C'Al carved. Nobody will know the work he put into it except he and I and the few mid week guests that were trippin' out on what he was doing. They face the pool and hold up the roof on the Lanai. He lives up to his name!!!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-02 1:21 pm   Permalink

Whoa - hold on... the boat goes from 5 - 9? What time do the festivities at Sam's start, 'cause I wanna do BOTH, and I'd hate to miss anything!
Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-02 8:04 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-04-01 19:34, RevBambooBen wrote:

Just got back from the Reef Bar @ Caliente do'in a little fixin with my main man Mr. C'Al. Got a call from Bong the other night about this post (no computer access out there)and had no idea what was going on. Anyway, got to talkin with C'Al and we came up with a solution for this dilemma. I rented the Tiki Boat on Int. Tiki Day (8/14), out of Balboa from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.. This is what we have lined up so far. There is a 1/2 hour pre party and a 1/2 hour after party. Full Hawaiian buffet. 3.00 Mai Tai's. Beer and Wine 2.00. (barf bags extra! Arrrr!!) And, APE (the band) will be playing on the boat. All this so far for 20.00 a head. The only drag is that there is a limit (for weight on the boat) so we'll have 125 spots available, instead of the full capacity of 140. Anyway, I'll have full info tomorrow and will post. (working on Tiki Farm as I write for the event mug. Also have a few other suprises in the line up and am working on a hotel down there for a group rate.) Hope this will work for everyone.

P.S.,

APRIL FOOLS!!!!!!!

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

(Did you think I was really serious??)

(posting this yesterday on 4/1/04???)

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Baby Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2004-04-02 10:41 pm   Permalink

Ben,

I cancelled my reservations at Sam's as next Monday was my last day to cancel and not lose my deposit. I thought you were serious. The post still seemed valid as today was April 2nd.

Is someone else wants to get the Sam's gig rolling again, the Smokin' Menehunes will play.

I had a bad week anyway after getting the boot from TC (that's why I logged on using my dauhgter's name) because of my careless postings, so when Pop told me you set up other plans I thought "hey, why not".

No worries. You're my bruddah. But now some else needs to get something going at Sam's if the date is still available.

Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-03 07:51 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-04-02 20:04, RevBambooBen wrote:

APRIL FOOLS!!!!!!!

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

(Did you think I was really serious??)

"OUCH!! Damn, that one really hurt..." says Doctor Z, as he slaps himself on the forehead and morphs into a big, cellophane wrapped sucker (like on the old Bugs Bunny cartoons) and a trombone plays mocking sounds in the background.

Yep, got me hook, line and sinker on that one...

Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-03 1:31 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-04-02 22:41, Baby Bong wrote:
Ben,

I cancelled my reservations at Sam's

SH!T!

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
UtopianDreem
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-04-03 6:00 pm   Permalink

OK...now I'm REALLY confused.

View Profile of UtopianDreem Send a personal message to UtopianDreem  Email UtopianDreem     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-03 11:27 pm   Permalink

It's all about the Tiki, man!

Bong- When you called me at Caliente last week and you were stress'n out on what to do, I thought right then and there about a perfect April fools joke to play on you. I would have thought if you would have thought that I was serious about this , you would have at least called me. Maybe the whole gig was wrong from the get go. Like I said, "the way to thin out the list is to charge the people right away." The ones who pay go. The ones who don't, don't go. Even if you cancelled Sams there is 5 months to decide if you want to throw a party for International Tiki Day. I know you'll pull something off, brudda Bong! Maybe a OC Mini Crawl!! Arrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-04 1:28 pm   Permalink

Ouh man, I hate to see Bong bummed ! Even though I am condemned to work in the Fatherland til beginning of September, I fully support the (ANY) festivities for International Tiki Day!
C'mon: Where there is Tiki, there is a way!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-04 4:57 pm   Permalink

Jeepers Creepers! I didn't really read through this post very carefully! Unfortunately, I was still sulking about the $68 bucks I lost at Sam's when I cancelled out.

Bong, please put me on the waiting list!
Damn, you snooze you lose!

Okay, for us poor slobs that can't get into Sam's, tell me please that we will still be able to get a commerative ITD#2 mug (that's if there will be one).

And for those that can't get in, cause it seems like I will be one of them, I will graciously offer my time and energy to planning. (Laney or anyone that is firming up any plans--let me know.)

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Cocktail
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-05 11:31 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-04-02 22:41, Baby Bong wrote:
Ben,
I cancelled my reservations at Sam's as next Monday was my last day to cancel and not lose my deposit.

Bong,

Inquiring minds want to know...why did you cancel the "Sam's Seafood for So Cal INTERNATIONAL TIKI DAY" party?

[ This Message was edited by: Atomic Cocktail on 2004-04-05 11:38 ]

View Profile of Atomic Cocktail Send a personal message to Atomic Cocktail  Goto the website of Atomic Cocktail     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2004-04-05 11:57 am   Permalink

Well, I was banned from the board on April 1 and when I talked to my co-hort Poly Pop on his way up to SF, he told me about Ben's April Fool's post Re: him and Al renting the Tiki Boat.

We thought that since everyone seemed to be torqued about the 75 person capacity at Sam's, that Ben's message was the real deal. That and April 1 was the last day for me to cancel at Sam's and not lose my deposit.

Kind of reminds me about the Christmas when I was a kid and I wanted some toy or other that my mom obviously didn't/couldn't buy for me and I made a big scene over it, so on Christmas, guess what? I got nothing.

Don't worry though, Pop and I are lining something else up for ITD.

tiki mick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-05 12:08 pm   Permalink

Gee whiz! You guys blew it big!

Ok, someone better fix this mess!!!

I want to play somehwere that day!!

View Profile of tiki mick Send a personal message to tiki mick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation