FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » General Tiki » » Critiki's latest new features: Themed Image Galleries, username photo credits
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
Critiki's latest new features: Themed Image Galleries, username photo credits
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-03 07:56 am   Permalink

Another day, another brand-new Critiki Image Gallery:

Lighting

That unique tiki bar mood can only be achieved with a lot of dim, exotic light fixtures—windows, televisions and neon are traitors against the cause!

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-03 5:35 pm   Permalink

Wow! Just Wow!
I love the new lighting page!
Pictures like that just start me thinking.
Thank you.

I have a ton of pictures I could add to that.
But do you want only old restaurant lights.
Got a lot of those.
Or do you also want homemade lights as well.
Got a lot of those too.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-04 08:05 am   Permalink

I'm tickled you're inspired by the Lighting gallery, tikiskip. It is a good one, eh? I would LOVE for your lighting pictures to be in Critiki. Since Critiki is location-centric, all pictures are attached to a location and can be uploaded using an "Add it to Critiki" link found on each location's page. If you would be interested in having your home bar (and thus, your homemade lighting) listed in Critiki, I would love that: just shoot me an email at humuhumu@critiki.com with the name of your home bar, the city it's in, and a few little details for the write-up. The exact address will not be listed, no worries of Critiki sending strange people to your doorstep.

Today's new Image Gallery is a whopper, with 166 images:

Matchbooks

Flames aren't just for volcano bowls and fire dancers: matchbooks and matchboxes were once everywhere.

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-04 12:09 pm   Permalink

Thanks Humuhumu,
I will send info soon.
Will need to sign up for your site as well.

Any thing that would be new restaurant/bar people
can reference for their new places is a plus.
And the home tiki bar peeps as well.

Good luck.
Great site!!

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-04 12:35 pm   Permalink

Michelle, you're the best! Two of my pet Poly pop categories, first A-frames, and now Beachcomber lamps! Wonderful eye candy, thank you!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-05 08:50 am   Permalink

I thought you'd dig that A-frame gallery, Sven.

Today's new Image Gallery is even bigger, with more than 200 images:

Menus

"Polynesian cuisine"—in truth, typically just Chinese food or ribs—was sold by elaborate menu presentations. Come for the covers, stay for the descriptions and prices!

Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-05 2:11 pm   Permalink

KOOL! I spotted a couple pics of my fish lamps at The Beachcomber & Taboo! Anyone know who made these lamps & how old they are?

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-06 07:57 am   Permalink

Big Kahuna - I don't know exactly which lamps you're referring to, can you link to a picture?

And now for today's new Image Gallery:

Mugs

The tops in Polynesian Pop collecting. Okay, so this image gallery is nothing compared to the mug-centric eye candy that is Ooga-Mooga, but it's nice to see the mugs in context, connected to the information about their restaurants of origin.

The Gnomon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-06 11:07 am   Permalink

You must have just come back from the fabric store SeamstressSeamstress 'cause you have been stiching up quite a mosiac and quilting up a storm. Very nice stuff. Thanks.

View Profile of The Gnomon Send a personal message to The Gnomon      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-07 08:48 am   Permalink

Haha, thanks The Gnomon!

I have a boatload of new additions to make to Critiki, hopefully tonight -- my trip to the Dallas Trader Vic's has me a little backlogged. You HAVE to go to the Dallas Trader Vic's. It is amazing, and you are missing out. Go.

Today's new Image Gallery:

Napkins

Something as disposable as a small paper napkin wasn't meant to last decades, but a few have remarkably made it.

Okay, so this gallery is a little on the... shrimpy side. I only have 9 images (and two are repeats, because Kelbo's had two locations). Oh well, not all the image galleries can be winners.

Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-08 08:00 am   Permalink

Mahalo nui loa for all the recent additions and updates to Critiki! A list of recent updates (including tikiskip's home tiki bar) is always available on the Latest Updates page (also available as an RSS feed): Latest Updates to Critiki

Today's new image gallery:

Polynesian Dance

Traditional dances lend some realism to an otherwise faux paradise. Lots of fire, lots of hips... hey now, keep your eyes on the hands!

tikiskip
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-09 06:47 am   Permalink

Humuhumu Critiki is great!
It's the nets answer to Book of Tiki.
I'm going to send lots of Kahiki/light/other photos
your way.
Use what you can of them.
Will add comments later.
Is there a page for tiki statues?
I still have not gone through the whole site.

Great Job!!!!

Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-09 08:19 am   Permalink

Tikiskip, I'm so happy you're getting into Critiki! I got your images, thank you so, so, SO much (seeing them made my day). I'll get them up on the site by the end of the day today.

I started creating an image gallery for tiki carvings, and it was just TOO BIG. So I'm going to break them down by style of carving, and possibly artist. That's going to take a while. But on the plus side, it gives me an excuse to dig into my Oceanic Art books.

Now for today's new Image Gallery (and this is a REALLY GOOD ONE):

Postcards

These Technicolor missives to home are the best source we have for learning what the insides and outsides of long-gone tiki hotspots looked like.

uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-10 05:30 am   Permalink

FANTASTIC!!!! What a great service you have done for everyone. Many thanks for your hard work on the site. A great fix for the Tiki addict.

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-10 07:55 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-04-09 08:19, Humuhumu wrote:

Now for today's new Image Gallery (and this is a REALLY GOOD ONE):

Postcards

These Technicolor missives to home are the best source we have for learning what the insides and outsides of long-gone tiki hotspots looked like.

Humuhumu

Thanks for putting the image galleries together, this one is my favorite of course.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation