FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums ╗ ╗ General Tiki ╗ ╗ Why would you go to Hunt, Texas?
Why would you go to Hunt, Texas?
Kilikopela
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-03-18 11:36 am   Permalink

Maybe to see these Moai!

http://www.texasbob.com/travel/tbt_easter.html

Kilikopela

View Profile of Kilikopela Send a personal message to Kilikopela  Email Kilikopela     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-18 1:16 pm   Permalink

I hear that's where the Rapa Nui got the idea.

View Profile of FLOUNDERart Send a personal message to FLOUNDERart  Email FLOUNDERart Goto the website of FLOUNDERart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-18 2:09 pm   Permalink

Hey Chris,
Where you at these days? If you're in Cocoa let me know ASAP 'cause I'm headed that way this weekend. If not, I hope all is well with you anyway.
Have you seen these Moai in person?
KG

View Profile of Kailuageoff Send a personal message to Kailuageoff  Email Kailuageoff     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kilikopela
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-03-20 9:19 pm   Permalink

Heya KG,

Well I haven't seen these in person yet. Unlike Florida, where you can see two coasts within 3 hours, the distances in Texas are depressingly daunting. It would take about 7 hours for me to get there. I heard about it from a buddy and checked it online. Next time I pass through I'll visit.

I won't be in FL until summer. I'll let you and Flounder know next time I'm there. I'll definitely be attending Hukilau!

Lemme know if you ever head over here to the energy capitol (remember in Rollerball?).

View Profile of Kilikopela Send a personal message to Kilikopela  Email Kilikopela     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-20 11:29 pm   Permalink

Seven hours in what direction?

This may be a stop on my way to Oasis...

JT

"Ignorance of the Tiki is evil."

[ This Message was edited by: tikibars on 2004-03-20 23:30 ]

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMikey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-21 09:56 am   Permalink

Wow...I never had heard of these before. They're in the "Hill Country" of Texas, probably the most beautiful part of the state. I smell a road trip!

View Profile of TikiMikey Send a personal message to TikiMikey  Email TikiMikey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2010-12-28 09:58 am   Permalink

http://alfredshepperd.com/stonehenge/main3.html
...Only in America.

View Profile of Zeta Send a personal message to Zeta  Goto the website of Zeta     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WestADad
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-28 10:18 am   Permalink

Keep em' coming America!

Carhenge
http://www.carhenge.com/

View Profile of WestADad Send a personal message to WestADad  Email WestADad     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-29 05:22 am   Permalink

I visited the site a few years ago

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike  Email Kenike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-29 08:14 am   Permalink

That guy needs a bar there.

*snapsnap*
FOM - get on it.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-29 10:54 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-12-29 08:14, pablus wrote:
That guy needs a bar there.

*snapsnap*
FOM - get on it.

we're workin' on it

View Profile of croe67 Send a personal message to croe67  Email croe67     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilongbeach
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-03 6:53 pm   Permalink

My parent's briefly lived 10 miles from the Hunt, TX Moai and Stonehenge. Now the Moai and Stonehenge reside in the more artsy town of Ingram at the Hill Country Arts Foundation. It was a cool place to go. It was a field in the middle of nowhere and there was never another soul there when we went to go visit them. There were goats across the street that you could hear bleating while you looked around.
This is the only picture I can find that I took of them in their original setting.

These are pictures I took off of another website.

www.hcaf.com/
If you're ever in the Austin/San Antonio area take a detour to Luckenbach, Fredericksburg and Ingram and drink a Shiner Bock and eat some good BBQ for me.

View Profile of tikilongbeach Send a personal message to tikilongbeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation