My Tiki underpants
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-22 10:49 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-03-22 10:34, Formikahini wrote:
Quote:

On 2004-03-21 00:29, bigbrotiki wrote:
No Idea. It's the one to the right of the fly, above the Monterey Outrigger Mug...

Now there's a new way to do Locating Tiki.

just make sure you don't lock or delete that particular topic...

[ This Message was edited by: Johnny Dollar on 2004-03-22 10:51 ]

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-23 4:14 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-03-21 14:17, SugarCaddyDaddy wrote:
BigBro~

I believe Trader Woody means "OCTANE" Industries as the manufacturer.

No, I did mean "OCTAN" as opposed to "OCTANE" as that's the way it's spelt on the pants label, as well as the waistband. Perhaps this is a rip-off in itself. (Bootleg underwear, whatever next.....)

Just out of interest, I wonder how many people who have bought the Book of Tiki have ended up using it's images illegally. There seems to be an extraordinary proportion that we know of.

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-23 10:33 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-03-23 16:14, Trader Woody wrote:

Just out of interest, I wonder how many people who have bought the Book of Tiki have ended up using it's images illegally. There seems to be an extraordinary proportion that we know of.

Trader Woody

It is not so surprising considering that before the BOT was published in September 2000, there was very little Tiki imagery available anywhere. (Before that, the reproductions in Tiki News were not of sufficient quality, and as soon as House Industries published their Tiki Font/Dingbats, THEY were ripped off.)

Urban Archeologists like Sabu have amassed fine collections of authentic Tiki imagery now, but they are not as publicly available.

I have even found a short-sleeved shirt that used my photo of the "Bad Luck" Tiki by Barney West from my website.

I was half seriously thinking about a book "Art and design based on the Book of Tiki", there is so much.

It is a very satisfying feeling to have had such an impact on pop culture, even though the monetary reward is non-existent.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2010-06-07 08:51 am   Permalink

GAP Tiki moai and ku mugs and coconuts boxers

Made in indonesia

Bought in 2008 or 2009 I think...

View Profile of Zeta Send a personal message to Zeta  Goto the website of Zeta     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation