[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki 100 Tiki Mugs
100 Tiki Mugs
Cool Manchu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-18 8:17 pm   Permalink

Aloha!

I just wanted to share a special moment with you. I just picked up my 100th and 101st Tiki Mugs!

Well actually, I count bowls too...

Its quickly coming up on a year since I started, so I made my goal with nearly two months to spare.

Once I get my digital camera fixed or buy a new one, I will post the collection for everyone to see.

Thank you all for helping me feed my new found addiction!

View Profile of Cool Manchu Send a personal message to Cool Manchu  Email Cool Manchu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-19 08:44 am   Permalink

So you take 1 down & pass it around... How many Tiki mugs on the wall?

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigreg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-19 2:10 pm   Permalink

I've noticed tiki mugs are similar to the biblical loaves and fishes. You give one away and there seems to always be more where that came from.

(Oops, did I break the rule about discussing religion? )

View Profile of tikigreg Send a personal message to tikigreg      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cool Manchu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-08 9:37 pm   Permalink

Aloha!

Well, I am not sure if you all care, but here are my first 100 tiki mugs. I want to thank all of you for helping this new craving of mine along, because without all that I learned here, I couldn't of found half of these.

[ This Message was edited by: Cool Manchu on 2004-04-08 21:39 ]

View Profile of Cool Manchu Send a personal message to Cool Manchu  Email Cool Manchu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MauiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-08 9:44 pm   Permalink

Wow great shots. Thanks for posting them.

It's really interesting how different your collection is from mine. My first hundred mugs are not at all like your first 100.

Maybe less than 20% are the same.

I'm building shelves to hold mine. It will be a month long project, but I'll take a photo when I'm done.

Tiki and flower pattern Stickers
www.stuckonmaui.com
Maui Tiki Tours & Tiki Mugs www.mauitikitours.com
Hippie Stickers www.hippiestickers.com

View Profile of MauiTiki Send a personal message to MauiTiki  Email MauiTiki Goto the website of MauiTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unkle John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-08 9:47 pm   Permalink

SWAMP THANG ROOLZ!

btw: Great collection.... i'm half way there to your mark.

View Profile of Unkle John Send a personal message to Unkle John  Email Unkle John Goto the website of Unkle John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-09 06:44 am   Permalink

nice!

btw _i_care_

j$

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cool Manchu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-10 09:32 am   Permalink

I have a lot of room to work into. Maybe one day I can have a great collection.

I really love this stuff. In fact, I just started carving my first tiki.

There are these people I met here in Santa Cruz that hold tiki carving events. They had all the tools, gave away free wood, had a BBQ, the works! I love this town and I love the tiki culture.

And UJ...I love Swamp Thing....

boutiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-10 09:49 am   Permalink

Looking good! Now that you have the bug, you have to keep on going!

View Profile of boutiki Send a personal message to boutiki  Goto the website of boutiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGardener
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-11 12:14 am   Permalink

This post prompted me to go and count....

137! Not counting decanters.

I need some help.
TG

View Profile of TikiGardener Send a personal message to TikiGardener  Goto the website of TikiGardener     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Royale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-11 10:56 am   Permalink

Nice collection Cool Manchu,
Looks like you're offf to a good start with some rare pieces already under your belt. What's the story on the red volcano bowl? I've only seen them in yellow.
Aloha,

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Royale on 2004-04-11 10:56 ]

View Profile of Tiki Royale Send a personal message to Tiki Royale  Email Tiki Royale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cool Manchu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-11 11:40 am   Permalink

You know, I have never seen another pink variety volcano bowl. Its definately old, it has some fine crazing through out. I have seen all the yellow ones, which seem to be pretty common.

This specific one was purchased off of eBay. Its marked Orchids of Hawaii - Japan. But it doesn't have a number or anything.

Does anyone else have a pink variety of this bowl?

Cool Manchu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-04-11 11:43 am   Permalink

Also,

I was curious if anyone knows the story behind the solid dark green Mark Thomas Outrigger mug. You always see them in the green patina, but I have only seen a few of the solid green and they were all at the same place.

There are three others available at this place for 25 bucks each. I bet she would come down if you bought all three...

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation