FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki In case you wondered why I'm crazy...
In case you wondered why I'm crazy...
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-19 12:04 am   Permalink

Here is my dad (lifetime T.V./radio personality) on the air in 1961 on Augusta's WRDW T.V.'s "funtime". He'll be the M.C. that jumps in with the smoking jacket and antennas after the bad Elvis act. Somewhere I still have that smoking jacket(he gave it to me when I was 14)...hmmmm... http://www.wrdw.com/videos/early_fun_times-1.asx

[ This Message was edited by: Basement Kahuna on 2004-03-19 00:08 ]

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-19 12:14 am   Permalink

I see you dad turned you on to Exspresso Beans!!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Geeky Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-19 09:25 am   Permalink

Cool!

He looks alot like the pics I've seen you post of you!

View Profile of Geeky Tiki Send a personal message to Geeky Tiki  Email Geeky Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Cocktail
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-19 11:24 am   Permalink

BK,

you have the Beanie too? Was your Pop one of those nutty guys who went completely over the top at large holiday functions? It must have been great growing up with a Dad like that.

I just saw CB HOWLIE's Dad the other day in the film "Stalag 17". He plays "Cookie" and is also the narrator.

View Profile of Atomic Cocktail Send a personal message to Atomic Cocktail  Goto the website of Atomic Cocktail     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-19 11:56 am   Permalink

Does this have anything to do withthe "Basement" in BK?
I guess you come by it honestly.
Welcome back.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-19 12:09 pm   Permalink

I dunno, there's something wrong with the reception on my PC. I'm smacking it on the side of the screen & fiddling the rabbit ears, but it still won't come in clear...

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-19 12:10 pm   Permalink

rockin! i wish i had some scans of my dad's hot roddin' in mid-50's... j$

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-19 12:21 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: DawnTiki on 2004-03-19 13:20 ]

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Cocktail
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-19 12:36 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Atomic Cocktail on 2004-03-19 13:03 ]

View Profile of Atomic Cocktail Send a personal message to Atomic Cocktail  Goto the website of Atomic Cocktail     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-19 1:28 pm   Permalink

i get a real "transition from radio show" vibe from the footage, not unlike the red skelton show or somesuch... any more background, good BK?

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-19 3:20 pm   Permalink

Yeah JD. mi PC isn't gettin'it right either. It's in black and white. How do you turn on the color?

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-19 5:01 pm   Permalink

Just click on the 3rd zero from the left!!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-21 01:05 am   Permalink

That's called live T.V.! No re-do back then. Dad had some balls...He was also a rock D.J. from '57 to '70. Also a concert promoter back then. A veritable small-sea Dick Clark!

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation