FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Mr Smiley Visits Portland May 12-May16
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Mr Smiley Visits Portland May 12-May16
Frenchy Polynesia
Deleted

Posted: 2004-05-13 2:29 pm   Permalink

I know the bars you're talking about, Mr. S. Would you believe that ladies are not permitted in the upstairs rooms? Gracious me, I thought that sort of segregation was out of style!

Seriously, hanging around those places (espeically in Portland, where people tend to let it all hang out) is a really, REALLY nasty way to put out an eye...

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-13 2:41 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-05-13 14:29, Frenchy Polynesia wrote:
I know the bars you're talking about, Mr. S. Would you believe that ladies are not permitted in the upstairs rooms? Gracious me, I thought that sort of segregation was out of style!

Seriously, hanging around those places (espeically in Portland, where people tend to let it all hang out) is a really, REALLY nasty way to put out an eye...

Those are the places where they have the urinal trough running along the bar so you don't have to leave your drink, right?

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-05-13 3:13 pm   Permalink

Isn't there an all-night diner in that neighborhood that sometimes fills up with drag queens after 2 AM? Fun place. I think it's right around the corner from hotel mrsmiley's staying at.

mrsmiley, gay bars are often the best places to meet women 'cause if there's a woman in a gay bar she's probably straight!

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMaxton
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-13 3:28 pm   Permalink

Mr. Smiley,

Sorry I didn't think to warn you about "Vaseline Alley". Jake's sits right in the middle of it.

You might want to catch a movie tonight at the Mission Theater - it's a "Theater Pub", an animal very popular in these parts and rightly so. Good grub, beer (or cocktails) and a second run movie in a cool old theater. There are tons of 'em in town, but I believe Mission is the closest.

Also, Gypsy on NW 21st has pretty cool retro atmosphere. An do try to catch happy hour at the top of the Big Pink building - it's the tallest building in town and has a great view and happy hour...

View Profile of TikiMaxton Send a personal message to TikiMaxton  Email TikiMaxton Goto the website of TikiMaxton ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley

Posted: 2004-05-13 3:38 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-05-13 15:13, thejab wrote:
Isn't there an all-night diner in that neighborhood that sometimes fills up with drag queens after 2 AM? Fun place. I think it's right around the corner from hotel mrsmiley's staying at.

mrsmiley, gay bars are often the best places to meet women 'cause if there's a woman in a gay bar she's probably straight!

The few women there had larger Adams apples than I do....strange. Must be the Portland water.
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley

Posted: 2004-05-13 3:44 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-05-13 15:28, TikiMaxton wrote:
Mr. Smiley,

An do try to catch happy hour at the top of the Big Pink building - it's the tallest building in town and has a great view and happy hour...

there are so many buildings in downtown that my view is only a block at a time--where is this Big pink building you speak of?

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMaxton
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-05-14 12:22 pm   Permalink

It's the biggest, pinkest building in town - can't miss it. It's near Burnside and 4th downtown. The restaurant/lounge is called Portland City Grill.

Seeya tonight!

View Profile of TikiMaxton Send a personal message to TikiMaxton  Email TikiMaxton Goto the website of TikiMaxton ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation