[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki The Folk Art of Buddy Ebsen
The Folk Art of Buddy Ebsen
Atomic Cocktail
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-19 7:39 pm   Permalink

Uncle Jed Country Art Collection:
http://www.buddyebsen.com/buddyart.htm

These have to be some of the finest folk art I've seen in many a year. In fact, I now consider Buddy to be the finest American Genre painter since William Sidney Mount.

I must own some! Unfortunately, I'm a Ne'er-do-well thus I do not have the money. But fellow TCer's, if you're feeling generous send me a Personal Message and I'll let you know where to send a check or money order. Help me enliven my grey world with this beautiful, heaven-sent masterpieces.

ATOMIC COCKTAIL'S ART ACQUISITION FUND
(Void where prohibited or otherwise restricted)

[ This Message was edited by: Atomic Cocktail on 2004-03-19 19:49 ]

View Profile of Atomic Cocktail Send a personal message to Atomic Cocktail  Goto the website of Atomic Cocktail     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-19 11:12 pm   Permalink

Well doggies, Did you notice that the website describes him as a "living legend" ??
Perhaps nobody told them that Mr. Ebsen died last year. I know he was like 94 years old but now I'm thinking that he probably developed a fatal case of writers cramp from signing all of the signatures on the thousands of prints they are offering.

I miss Uncle Jed

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-20 11:02 am   Permalink

Red Skeleton used to do clown paintings. It would be great to have an original Red Skeleton next to an original Buddy Ebsen. Then in another room, I could put an original Tony Bennett - then in another room, I could hang an original Ron Wood (both of whom are also great painters).

www.samgambino.com

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sweet Daddy Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-20 12:27 pm   Permalink

Don't forget Robert Goulet.

http://www.robertgoulet.com/Art/art.htm

blog

View Profile of Sweet Daddy Tiki Send a personal message to Sweet Daddy Tiki  Goto the website of Sweet Daddy Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sungod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-21 09:12 am   Permalink

Goulet has a tribal look to it. Buddy really liked to paint himself. Wonder if he ever done any Ellie Mays?

View Profile of sungod Send a personal message to sungod  Email sungod Goto the website of sungod     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
vintagegirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-22 9:24 pm   Permalink

Personally, I find the character of Jed Clampett to be something of a Zen master. Ever notice how nothing ever really phases him?

And don't forget the art of Vincent Price!:
http://www.moviemonstermuseum.com/vp.html

Hey, I work with a guy that used to train animals for film and TV. (It was the family business and some of the animals on the show were also his pets.) He said he remembers being 11 or 12 and attending the Beverly Hillbillies Xmas party. He remembers it fondly because apparently his height at the time made him exactly about eye level with Ellie May's bustline.

[ This Message was edited by: vintagegirl on 2004-03-22 21:27 ]

View Profile of vintagegirl Send a personal message to vintagegirl  Goto the website of vintagegirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-23 07:42 am   Permalink

Great link, Vintagegirl. I knew VP collected art, but didn't know that he was a creator too.

www.samgambino.com

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Cocktail
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-23 12:58 pm   Permalink

Let us not forget Tony Curtis:

http://www.tonycurtis.com/

If Vintagegirl had only grabbed the chance to go to the Playboy Mansion with him!

View Profile of Atomic Cocktail Send a personal message to Atomic Cocktail  Goto the website of Atomic Cocktail     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
naugatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-23 1:10 pm   Permalink

I once had an art teacher who was acquainted with the guy who use to paint the compositions on Tony Curtis paintings. Tony would get them and fill them in like a coloring book.

I use to have a John Wayne Gacy 7 dwarves painting hanging in the guest room and only once someone visiting figured out what it was, I use to tell the others my uncle painted it.

Celebrity singers are more fun than celebrity painters anyway.

View Profile of naugatiki Send a personal message to naugatiki  Email naugatiki Goto the website of naugatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation