FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Tiki Carving » » Respect?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 )
Respect?
Bwana Tiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-03-22 11:55 pm   Permalink

Sorry I know I’m over-posting but...
Tomorrow,(03/23/04)on your local public radio station look for a show called “Talk of the Nation”, I just heard a promo for tomorrow’s topic, intellectual property rights and how they may hinder creativity, I’m not saying this is my position but it seems a position worth hearing. I support intellectual property rights to a point but feel the current copyright system is in serious need of reform. I’m really curious what other TCres think about this subject, but I bet you already guessed that.

Crap, ducks in the pool again, gotta go tell ‘em to beat it,

[ This Message was edited by: Bwana Tiki on 2004-03-22 23:56 ]

View Profile of Bwana Tiki Send a personal message to Bwana Tiki  Email Bwana Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lars
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-03-23 04:43 am   Permalink

One more thing that should be mentioned on my part. I've been fortunate enough to have seen the Shag's work several times, and believe me, there's no comparison.

View Profile of Lars Send a personal message to Lars  Goto the website of Lars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-23 06:17 am   Permalink

I bet you Lars could beat up Bwana! LOL

View Profile of FLOUNDERart Send a personal message to FLOUNDERart  Email FLOUNDERart Goto the website of FLOUNDERart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bwana Tiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-03-23 08:18 am   Permalink

BRING IT...
You are welcome to give it a shot too my fish flavored little brush slinger. I'd leave ya eyes on BOTH sides of your head!

Grrrrrrrrrrrr,

View Profile of Bwana Tiki Send a personal message to Bwana Tiki  Email Bwana Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lars
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-03-23 08:30 am   Permalink

Where's my ninja throwing star, dammit!!

View Profile of Lars Send a personal message to Lars  Goto the website of Lars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-23 08:42 am   Permalink

Hey Respect? A few guys I respect highly are Poly Pop and Big Al, and Gecko, Bosko, Martiki, there are others, they create, they give, they share a lot. These are a few who I've done business with and/or just hung out. Some others I don't know real well yet. But hey, I have better friends here on TC then anywhere else. There are a lotta good people here on TC.

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2004-03-23 09:27 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-03-22 20:26, tikichic wrote:
Copyright protection expires 50 years after your death in the US.

My over-concern with detail begs me to ask, is that both death by natural causes AND murder?

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-23 11:29 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-03-22 20:26, tikichic wrote:
Copyright protection expires 50 years after your death in the US.

Disney is lobbying to have this extended -- they don't want Mickey Mouse and the other characters in the public domain.

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CHEIF UNGA BUNGA

Posted: 2004-03-23 3:53 pm   Permalink

I just wanted to say, i think everyone on tc who has posted pictures of their work is talented. everyone gets their influences from somewhere, most of the time it's from someone else's work. having the courage to pick up a chisel, paintbrush, or whatever for the first time to create something from nothing is the most important thing. i don't think it matters if one particular style has that certain something that makes another person want to create art. all you guys have inspired me to try carving for the first time, and i looked at pics from alot of different sources for reference, and guidance.

View Profile of CHEIF UNGA BUNGA Send a personal message to CHEIF UNGA BUNGA  Email CHEIF UNGA BUNGA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lars
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-03-23 4:36 pm   Permalink

I was just kidding, I don't really have a ninja throwing star. I wish. I hope that I didn't offend anyone. I do have a bearded axe though.

Tiki Royale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-03-23 4:51 pm   Permalink

I was going through some old boxes of stuff from when I was a kid and found some ninja throwing stars. I had a really cool one with a picture of Bruce Lee on it! Old-Skool baby...
Aloha,

View Profile of Tiki Royale Send a personal message to Tiki Royale  Email Tiki Royale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lars
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-03-23 4:52 pm   Permalink

Lucky. I have a cheap ass samurai sword, and some nunchukas.(nun-chuks, nung-chux, numb-nuts, I don't know.)

(Just wondering how many members actually HAVE one of my paintings?? Oh, well, I'll let it be our little secret.)

[ This Message was edited by: Lars on 2004-03-25 15:04 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation