FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums ╗ ╗ Collecting Tiki ╗ ╗ Dollar Tree Tiks!!!!!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 )
Dollar Tree Tiks!!!!!!
rustbeltcat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-21 05:31 am   Permalink

heck I am just amazed that the thread came back instead of a new one being restarted.. Imagine my suprise to see it pop back to the top after so long

View Profile of rustbeltcat Send a personal message to rustbeltcat  Email rustbeltcat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kona Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-25 7:51 pm   Permalink

Well, I finally stopped at a Dollar Tree tonight, and was able to pick up 4 different Tiki's, plus a set of playing cards with a (rather garish looking) tiki on the back of each of them.

One of the things I wasn't able to get, but I am going to look at other DT's in town, is bamboo placemats! They were actually pretty cool... Not sure how great they would be for placemats, but they could work well for other applications. The lady in front of me in line had snagged the last one So I'll have to check elsewhere.

Chris

View Profile of Kona Chris Send a personal message to Kona Chris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dancin' Lizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-30 09:35 am   Permalink

Here's what I did with my Dollar Tree tiki!

$3.00 garage sale table top fountain
$2.00 for red and black paint
$2.00 for red glass
$1.00 for da tiki

There is a red light in the basen that shines through the rocks.

View Profile of Dancin' Lizard Send a personal message to Dancin' Lizard  Email Dancin' Lizard     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rev. Griz
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-07-03 10:42 pm   Permalink

Found a Dollar Tree, they had about ten of the Tikis. I snapped up the six different styles they had. Four different carvings, two in two different colors, light and dark.

View Profile of Rev. Griz Send a personal message to Rev. Griz  Email Rev. Griz Goto the website of Rev. Griz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ikitnrev
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-07-04 06:24 am   Permalink

Yesterday I stopped at the Dollar Store, and purchased 31 of the Dollar tikis. I'm involved with a tiki fundraiser event that will be held in a couple of months, and my goal is to provide a complimentary tiki figure to all of the guests who attend the fundraiser.

After I had placed all 31 tiki figures on the conveyer belt at the checkout stand, I was pleased when a young boy, perhaps around 7-8 years old, came behind me and said 'Wow, look at all the tikis!' 5 years ago he would likely have not been familiar with the term 'tiki' - so progress is definitely being made in the world concerning tiki awareness.

Vern

View Profile of ikitnrev Send a personal message to ikitnrev  Email ikitnrev     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lanikai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-04 12:30 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-07-04 06:24, ikitnrev wrote:
After I had placed all 31 tiki figures on the conveyer belt at the checkout stand, I was pleased when a young boy, perhaps around 7-8 years old, came behind me and said 'Wow, look at all the tikis!' 5 years ago he would likely have not been familiar with the term 'tiki'

well, sure. and he woulda been in good company. I would venture to guess, most 2 year olds don't know the word "tiki" anyway.

View Profile of lanikai Send a personal message to lanikai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rwhgeek
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-07-04 1:00 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-07-04 12:30, lanikai wrote:
Quote:

On 2006-07-04 06:24, ikitnrev wrote:
After I had placed all 31 tiki figures on the conveyer belt at the checkout stand, I was pleased when a young boy, perhaps around 7-8 years old, came behind me and said 'Wow, look at all the tikis!' 5 years ago he would likely have not been familiar with the term 'tiki'

well, sure. and he woulda been in good company. I would venture to guess, most 2 year olds don't know the word "tiki" anyway.

I am proud to say that my 2 year old can point to my mugs and say "Daddy's Tiki Guys" but then she above average (which is what every parent should say) she also knows to leave daddy alone when he is watching guys "kicking soccer ball" on tv. I only put 12 tiki figures on the conveyer belt so 31 is job well done.

[ This Message was edited by: rwhgeek 2006-07-04 13:01 ]

View Profile of rwhgeek Send a personal message to rwhgeek  Email rwhgeek Goto the website of rwhgeek     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tom Slick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-05 09:36 am   Permalink

I guess this thread explains why I couldnt find any at the 2 closest dollar tree locations to my home......lol

View Profile of Tom Slick Send a personal message to Tom Slick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zeta
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2010-06-09 11:32 am   Permalink

A gift I recently got from a sweet wahine

4 tiki plastic shots by "Tradewind Bay"

I did a search and only two mentions came out, this is the oldest one:

Quote:

On 2004-03-23 18:39, Kono wrote:
Where do you think these came from? For what purpose were they originally made? I can't imagine these fairly intricate molds were created just to churn out one dollar tikis for the Dollar Tree. The sticker says "Tradewind Bay" and "DOLLAR TREE DIST." Maybe they were made for someplace like Target or Hilo Hatties or the ABC stores and the deal fell through so they wind up at the Dollar Tree?

What's the story with the story with this brand? who designed them plastic neo-tikis? Is there a thread about them? something like "new cheap plastic tikis made in china" thread? Where can I see more? There's no pictures on this thread... I also have a plastic brown neo tiki pitcher... I have contradictory feelings about tiki stuff like this. I bet many of you too... is there a topic about this? "Tiki ethics" or something...

View Profile of Zeta Send a personal message to Zeta  Goto the website of Zeta     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation